Pri$less

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Last edited by Glockose on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am NOT a collector"
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

This was taken from the VoD site (I did not cap/bold anything this is how it appears.)

Can anyone explain it to me?? (Or are they just coving there ass since this is not legal?)

We are looking for ways to make some cold, hard cash off the website

Effective immediately, there are some changes to the way the donation system is handled. SO MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERYTHING PROPELY!! Due to the legality of the project in question, it's time to make things a bit clearer and a bit less troublesome for all involved. Starting now, EVERYONE WHO SENDS A DONATION IS REQUIRED TO SIGN A STATEMENT SAYING THEY OWN THE RECORDINGS IN QUESTION. This is mainly meant to be an archival backup service, since many of the original recordings are in such poor shape that they needed extensive remastering. And in many cases, the newly remastered versions are in every way superior to their aged counterparts. Plus, the donations mainly cover the hundreds of hours I spent cleaning and restoring the works. As always, you were never purchasing anything. This covers many ends, and until a better system is worked out, this is the only thing I can do.
"I am NOT a collector"
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

glockose wrote:This was taken from the VoD site (I did not cap/bold anything this is how it appears.)

Can anyone explain it to me?? (Or are they just coving there ass since this is not legal?)

We are looking for ways to make some cold, hard cash off the website

Effective immediately, there are some changes to the way the donation system is handled. SO MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERYTHING PROPELY!! Due to the legality of the project in question, it's time to make things a bit clearer and a bit less troublesome for all involved. Starting now, EVERYONE WHO SENDS A DONATION IS REQUIRED TO SIGN A STATEMENT SAYING THEY OWN THE RECORDINGS IN QUESTION. This is mainly meant to be an archival backup service, since many of the original recordings are in such poor shape that they needed extensive remastering. And in many cases, the newly remastered versions are in every way superior to their aged counterparts. Plus, the donations mainly cover the hundreds of hours I spent cleaning and restoring the works. As always, you were never purchasing anything. This covers many ends, and until a better system is worked out, this is the only thing I can do.
Yowza.

Not really sure where he's going now..... Kinda sounds like he wants folks to claim they own the albums and they are paying him to provide a backup of the mp3 files on his site for them. Maybe? Wonder if someone threatened to bust him for selling music downloads? Take his original statements and replace the word 'donation' with 'fee' and you have him creating his own version of emusic/itunes, but without paying royalties or having permissions to distribute the songs.

Oh what a tangled web we weave....
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Bane

Post by Bane »

Where the hell did he post that?! Christ...
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Bane wrote:Where the hell did he post that?! Christ...
It's on his site, Scroll through the new section, He talks about how he needs money since he lost his job..
"I am NOT a collector"
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

It's getting insane now, it seems that he's having a panic attack
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Strange Statement ...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I wonder how the fuck it can get less troublesome for everyone from the moment you sign a statement that you own the recordings in question.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

ION BRITTON wrote:It's getting insane now, it seems that he's having a panic attack
I think you might be wrong there.
He posted that 1 year ago and it is still up. He just keeps adding to it if you read through. it is not like he made a kneeJerk statement, he's been doing this all along, he states that someone has donated enough in the begining of this year to keep the site up all year long BUT PLEASE keep sending money.
"I am NOT a collector"
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Oh I see... Now, I simply think he is currently unemployed.

Bane

Post by Bane »

glockose wrote:
Bane wrote:Where the hell did he post that?! Christ...
It's on his site, Scroll through the new section, He talks about how he needs money since he lost his job..
In fairness, the guy posted that comment in July of 2008. I don't know why you choose to pick that particular news segment (or maybe I do) when there are more recent ones...
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST 2009

We are getting ready to put into place a NEW donation system, this time ensuring that participating bands GET PAID!! SO... The donation system HAS CHANGED, and these changes will be reflected in the "How to get 80's metal CD's" in the homepage. It basically sums up to a per-title rate, and monies will be set aside for bands. So far, a few bands have agreed to be a part of this, and these bands (so far) are as follows: DEEP SWITCH, AVENGER (U.K.), BLACK ANGELS (NOR), and DEALER. It's looking so far like full length titles will be $7 a piece, with EP's and 7 inches going for $3.50. Bands will be getting their cut, and will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. This is NOT an alternative to buying the band's original product, rather a means to curb some of the bootlegging and ensuring that these original recordings are still generating money for the bands! SO, when you support the donation system HERE, the bands also get a part of this! These are not digital downloads as of yet; we're still doing the burning to CD of titles, though in the future we're looking at setting up an online service like Itunes, Napster and the like (though, we DO accept paypal!)
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

ION BRITTON wrote:I wonder how the fuck it can get less troublesome for everyone from the moment you sign a statement that you own the recordings in question.
Oddly enough.

If you own a copy of the recording (Physical Record) that means you paid for it on the up and up. and the band/label whoever got there cut.

In that case you can make a tape copy, Make a CDR copy Ipod.... As many as you want FOR YOUR OWN USE ONLY. with no problem.

BUT as soon as you sell one of those COPIES now thats a Bootleg.

Even an MP3/Download.

That is way the above statement is a attempt to cover his ass. If someone comes looking.
"I am NOT a collector"
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

glockose wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:I wonder how the fuck it can get less troublesome for everyone from the moment you sign a statement that you own the recordings in question.
Oddly enough.

If you own a copy of the recording (Physical Record) that means you paid for it on the up and up. and the band/label whoever got there cut.

In that case you can make a tape copy, Make a CDR copy Ipod.... As many as you want FOR YOUR OWN USE ONLY. with no problem.

BUT as soon as you sell one of those COPIES now thats a Bootleg.

Even an MP3/Download.

That is way the above statement is a attempt to cover his ass. If someone comes looking.
But those recordings are not meant 'for your own use'. They way he puts it, you are supposedly sending them to him and he keeps a back up archive right? A back up archive that everyone can have access to and can download anything they want from there. And on top of that you are also sending him money for all these? I don't fucking understand.

Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Bane wrote:
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST 2009

We are getting ready to put into place a NEW donation system, this time ensuring that participating bands GET PAID!! SO... The donation system HAS CHANGED, and these changes will be reflected in the "How to get 80's metal CD's" in the homepage. It basically sums up to a per-title rate, and monies will be set aside for bands. So far, a few bands have agreed to be a part of this, and these bands (so far) are as follows: DEEP SWITCH, AVENGER (U.K.), BLACK ANGELS (NOR), and DEALER. It's looking so far like full length titles will be $7 a piece, with EP's and 7 inches going for $3.50. Bands will be getting their cut, and will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. This is NOT an alternative to buying the band's original product, rather a means to curb some of the bootlegging and ensuring that these original recordings are still generating money for the bands! SO, when you support the donation system HERE, the bands also get a part of this! These are not digital downloads as of yet; we're still doing the burning to CD of titles, though in the future we're looking at setting up an online service like Itunes, Napster and the like (though, we DO accept paypal!)
That is correct.

It seam hthey were taking Donations back in 2008.
You could send them a Donation and a list of what you wanted on CD and they would burn it for you and mail it to you. Hum sounds like a boot.

Then in 2009 (I guess they got in trouble for this) and started asking for folks to sign that statment (that I posted) stating what the donation was for.

That must not have worked that good either.
So know he has SIGNED a few ands and you can send in a donation and recive a copy (CDR) of these bands recording and the band will get a few bucks. BUT you can send in a donation and still sign the leter and not get anything in return (Bands will not get paid) and for FREE you can download whatever you want.

Now to clear up the Copy Right question.
You are stating you already own this product (Phsycly) your sending VoD $$ plus a copy of the recording for VoD to CLEAN UP for you since your original is in very bad condtion then VoD is putting it up on line for you to download at any time. (BUT really making it available to anyone not just you like the paper says)
"I am NOT a collector"
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

MONDAY, JULY 19TH 2010

There's a new section of the website, updated on both the classic albums page and the front page of the website. It's called, quite simply, "You Owe Me!" It's not an arrogant writing or anything like that, but I got the idea from a Preacher out in California I learned about who actually brought a blackboard and set it up in front of his congregation. His attitude was that he was actively teaching and giving out knowledge to his parishioners, and as a result they walked away with more knowledge than just a lecture. I have seen a lot of myself in this attitude of his, where he says that if you walk away learning something or getting a lot of enjoyment out of what he does then you owe him money. Hopefully people understand the position I take with this, and it will help attract the right kind of success for me.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST 2009

Oh yeah, and DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!!! We're contacting more bands to participate in the "profit sharing," so to speak, so now is the time...

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13TH, 2009

We are looking for ways to make some cold, hard cash off the website, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. The email address is: vibrationsofdoom@hotmail.com... We have considered setting up downloads for the albums via downloadable MP3's, though a script would have to be worked on, with money set aside for the bands in question. Any help on this is appreciated, as I recently lost my job and am looking for ways to gain some income!
"I am NOT a collector"