Pri$less

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

He is not confused at all about it,but maybe he is confused about all those (us?) free music folks had said,because there was no praise for such sites but they all stood for sharing music is neither bad or a crime.I am just waiting to read what exactly your problem is,'cause you're evading saying it straight.I'd also like to know what are you standing for,because I can't imagine all this bitching around is about "protecting & supporting" music in its essence,that is the bands themselves.Reading this post has actually the same impact with the post that the VoD guy had posted,you are right at parts and wrong in others in my opinion.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Bane

Post by Bane »

stormspell wrote:I used to listen to some of the classic albums back in the modem connection days, so I've donated $10 out of sheer nostalgic feeling I guess. Otherwise I do not share nor agree to this "you owe me money for my free website" logic. But each their own I guess.
My sentiments exactly. I had no problem donating some money to him because I gained a lot from his Web site back in the 56k modem days. I grew up in the west of Ireland where the only Metal CDs you would find on the shelves of record stores were Maiden & Metallica, not even Black Sabbath or Judas Priest. So I have no idea when I would have been introduced to bands like Dark Angel, Geddes Axe, Witchfinder General etc if it wasn't for his site. Probably when I eventually moved to Dublin I guess (just 4 years ago).
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

@Trigger

Do you refer you comment to mine?
I can give a detailed answer on your questions, no problem. :wink:
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Only the first sentence is for you,the rest is for gluckose,we have some history you know.... :wink:
Never trust the Goblin King....
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:
glockose wrote:Why did it get so quit around here?

What happened to all the folks who loved all these site given up music for FREE.

Anyone have anything to say about this kind of thing??
It often gets quiet here on Friday afternoons :)
Plus, no one has been able to access the website due apparently to bandwidth issues.

EDIT: I'm also merging this to the thread that already exists on the issue.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

glockose wrote:
What happened to all the folks who loved all these site given up music for FREE.
so true :lol:
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

mega_lodon wrote:What I see here is a big time capitalist mocking another capitalist (wannabe). 8)
Thank you!

Thank you very much!
"I am NOT a collector"
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Trigger wrote:Only the first sentence is for you,the rest is for gluckose,we have some history you know.... :wink:
I wasn't saying anything.
I just want to see what folks think about this, Good or Bad it ddin't matter.

But since we are talking.

What is the differance between VOD's statement and Bootlegging?
No starting any crap just want to know what you think...
"I am NOT a collector"
Bane

Post by Bane »

Bootlegging = paying someone for illegitimate goods
VOD = paying someone for a service they're providing

??
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Bane wrote:Bootlegging = paying someone for illegitimate goods
VOD = paying someone for a service they're providing

??
Interesting
(It took 80 views before someone desided to help me and explain) Thank you sir.

If you upload a bands songs without the band knowing or getting paid (Not Illegel?) and you ask people who download the songs to pay you for listening.....

Man I am getting old.
Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Again I am not trying to start anything with anyone.
Just trying to learn about this new technology Bolgs/Websites/Downloading.

You all know I'm old, and getting older by the day
"I am NOT a collector"
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

glockose wrote: If you upload a bands songs without the band knowing or getting paid (Not Illegel?) and you ask people who download the songs to pay you for listening.....
Same goes for Youtube and all other stream pages.
It is a thin line, that is for sure.

But concerning to VoD it is not downloading in the usual way, you just listen to the songs immediately (as a stream), so I think that is a difference.

Btw, if anyone sells some Records as "Second hand" items on record fairs/flea markets, do you really think that even one band will see any royalities or getting paid??? :wink:
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Nasty Uwe wrote:
glockose wrote: If you upload a bands songs without the band knowing or getting paid (Not Illegel?) and you ask people who download the songs to pay you for listening.....
Same goes for Youtube and all other stream pages.
It is a thin line, that is for sure. (I didn't know Youtube asked for donations, Sorry)
But concerning to VoD it is not downloading in the usual way, you just listen to the songs immediately (as a stream), so I think that is a difference.
(So you can't download these? I was told the same about my Shadow Radio show, but somehow folks did it)

Btw, if anyone sells some Records as "Second hand" items on record fairs/flea markets, do you really think that even one band will see any royalities or getting paid??? :wink:
They should have gotten paid when they sold it the first time.

VoD did not buy anything (But that is a differant story)

All is good I am not arguing.

Why doesn't Dan ask for money?
"I am NOT a collector"
GJ

Post by GJ »

He may well, but maybe he has other plans for us. After all he is the Dictator.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Nasty Uwe wrote:Btw, if anyone sells some Records as "Second hand" items on record fairs/flea markets, do you really think that even one band will see any royalities or getting paid??? :wink:
I think this is were the confusion was the last time we talked about this kind of thing.

Try and help me.

I purchase a record (physical object) from a store , band......
The band should have been paid something for this item to start with.

If I bootleg the record and sell them the band is getting ripped off because....?..

If I upload the songs to a website and ask folk to pay me for (Listening or downloading) then this is OK? because I am not selling a (Physical object)
"I am NOT a collector"
Bane

Post by Bane »

I will happily answer those questions for you, for a small fee of course.