Best Reissues.

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Street Child and Pagan Altar by BBTaD, amazing!
Energy Vampires by Stormspell is also a firm favourite of mine.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

That would be Shadow Kingdom
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

stormspell wrote:That would be Shadow Kingdom
Haha whoops, my mistake!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

There are so many !!!!
I'd like to thank Iordan (Stormspell) and Tim (Shadow Kingdom) for their amazing work they do with every reissue they release !!

My fave is WOLFBANE. Killer stuff !! Some others JAMESON RAID, DEEP SWITCH, NITEFALL, HEIR APPARENT, ROTTING CORPSE, MORBID SIN, WEHRMACHT, PAPSMEAR, BLEAKHOUSE, ARCH ENEMY, TARGET, THE HAND OF DOOM, ...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

fuck! i forgot the Jameson Raid reissue,good reminder omen of hate :)
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

My favorite reissues that I have (Not counting Stormspell / Shadow Kingdom stuff as they have been mentioned so many times, I can only agree there):

Candlemass reissue series on Swedish Powerline records, 2001 are pretty sweet. Band photos, lyrics, and a whole CD worth of bonus materials.

Rotor - Árvaház, Blower Records, Mexico, Very nice reissue of an unreleased Rotor album with lyrics to most of the songs, band photos, some story behind the reissue process etc.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Warepire wrote: Rotor - Árvaház, Blower Records, Mexico, Very nice reissue of an unreleased Rotor album with lyrics to most of the songs, band photos, some story behind the reissue process etc.
also a really cool one by blower: Veto both albums in one

had to add: MILITIA-RELEASED (another one of those releases which saved me a thousand bucks hunting for them)
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

High roller Records do also a good job in re-releasing rare records/demo material, but sometimes I think it is a bit too much output.

The way the reissues are done is really appreciated, but a few bands less would not be that bad (i.m.o.).
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

FOR THE RECORD: Iordan just refunded my money for a cd bought over 1 year ago. I neither asked for the refund nor did I want it but I guess he is concerned my comment will affect sales. Obviously he had no control over the matter of the sound on this release. I still would not change my opinion.

I have some minor and major issues with some of the releases of most of the "high profile" small cd labels on this forum but I guess mentioning details will hurt some feelings and that was not my intent.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:had to add: MILITIA-RELEASED (another one of those releases which saved me a thousand bucks hunting for them)
Sounds like shit imo, crappy art to boot.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

perishinflames wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:had to add: MILITIA-RELEASED (another one of those releases which saved me a thousand bucks hunting for them)
the art is crappy indeed, i dont find the shitty sound tho, the booklet is really complete and full of cool flyers
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dude, this is the second time you're telling this release is unlistenable giving you a massive migraines. What else could I do but to refund you?

Nor did I ever asked you to change your opinion. I was just saddened and disappointed to see you expressing your opinion in public every time this topic pops up. You of all people to whom I've explained personally the situation and all the hurdles we had to cross just to see this release out. A fellow label owner who would know of all those things, or so I thought...

And since I'm at it, let me clarify one more thing: all your comments of how the old tape rips are better are inaccurate. There are NO tape rips for the demo II. This demo was never even mixed before Dave transferred the multi-track tapes and mixed and mastered it - so what he gave us is ALL that is available, ever! At the end it was down to THIS sound, or NO release! There was a lot of bleeding in the drum tracks, and a particularly nasty reverb effect throughout, so it was sonically challenged from the start and a lot of compromises had to be made. It is not like we took a pristine recording and slammed it down you know, quite to the contrary.

Seriously, how do you expect me to not get upset when you know it is impossible to provide a better product, yet keep telling otherwise?

Anyhow, it is probably all my fault. I really should stop carrying so much. Apologies to everyone who had to read through this rant.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I agree, average sound and very very average photo-shopped art. The lack of the original art from both the demo and the MLP are conspicuous by their absence.
perishinflames wrote:
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Nasty Uwe wrote:The way the reissues are done is really appreciated, but a few bands less would not be that bad (i.m.o.).
You mean some records rereleased by HR did not deserve to be reissued?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
Warepire wrote: Rotor - Árvaház, Blower Records, Mexico, Very nice reissue of an unreleased Rotor album with lyrics to most of the songs, band photos, some story behind the reissue process etc.
also a really cool one by blower: Veto both albums in one

had to add: MILITIA-RELEASED (another one of those releases which saved me a thousand bucks hunting for them)
You really believe you would ever buy it??? :lol:
Never trust the Goblin King....