Worst Re-issues

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

DEEP SWITCH-Nine Inches Of God.I have the CD and it has no booklet only the cover and behind the paper it is blank.

I think it was reissued by the band himself but that doesn't mean it is a proper reissue.I think they should have waited for a label to reissue it properly.

Too bad this band had great image and great lyrics and would be interesting to have some pics,stories,lyrics instead going to their website checking them.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Vaggelis wrote:DEEP SWITCH-Nine Inches Of God.I have the CD and it has no booklet only the cover and behind the paper it is blank.

I think it was reissued by the band himself but that doesn't mean it is a proper reissue.I think they should have waited for a label to reissue it properly.

Too bad this band had great image and great lyrics and would be interesting to have some pics,stories,lyrics instead going to their website checking them.
You should check the Shadow Kingdom records re-release then !
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Is it rereleased again by Shadow Kingdom? :?:
So what is this that i have bootleg?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Vaggelis wrote:Is it rereleased again by Shadow Kingdom? :?:
So what is this that i have bootleg?
Yes, it was re-released last year, 2 CDs (the 2nd with demo tracks) and a great booklet with lots of pics and infos.

Don't know about your CD.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

yes your version is the band private press.
Vaggelis wrote:DEEP SWITCH-Nine Inches Of God.I have the CD and it has no booklet only the cover and behind the paper it is blank.

jamsonic1

Post by jamsonic1 »

I noticed on some of the "Metal Mind" reissues that the bonus tracks sound like they were ripped from crappy sources "bad masters, warped cassette" but the tracks they ripped from vinyl sound better for some reason.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Thanks for the reminder, Metal Mind re-releases are quite crappy - cant stand those cheap thin digipacks without booklets.
jamsonic1

Post by jamsonic1 »

stormspell wrote:Thanks for the reminder, Metal Mind re-releases are quite crappy - cant stand those cheap thin digipacks without booklets.
Actually they do include booklets its just on some of the releases they are crappy and some of the releases are in jewel cases while others are in crappy digi-packs and some of releases even have manufacturing defects to the disc.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

jamsonic1 wrote:
stormspell wrote:Thanks for the reminder, Metal Mind re-releases are quite crappy - cant stand those cheap thin digipacks without booklets.
Actually they do include booklets its just on some of the releases they are crappy and some of the releases are in jewel cases while others are in crappy digi-packs and some of releases even have manufacturing defects to the disc.
At least Metal Mind use gold CDs for their reissues. The discs they made are far more superior to some of the tacky looking CDs manufactured today.
On a side note: the Roadrunner reissues (Sepultura, King Diamond, etc) in 1997 came with really nice booklets, bonus songs and solid gold discs. Sadly, those nice CDs are pretty much ruined by the bad remaster sound quality...

By the way, I do hate those (thin) digipak packaging. People need to understand that not all cover artworks look good on digipak (basically, nothing will look good on thin digipak). Those 80s’ Metal covers and digipak just don’t go well together. :x
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Digipaks are garbage. Period.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
msp

Post by msp »

Avenger wrote:Digipaks are garbage. Period.
100% agreed
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote:Digipaks are garbage. Period.
I'm happy I'm not alone 8)

I even kept the Violent Force bootleg instead the "legal" 2007 reissue (on digipack -.- !)
heavymetalmaniac

Post by heavymetalmaniac »

I have noticed that Metal Mind reissues which first came as digipacks later changed into normal jewel case editions. This happened for example to Solitude Aeturnus "Into The Depths Of Sorrow" and Heathens "Victims Of Deception". Of course these later editions don't have any limitation anymore - but who really cares?

M.

P.S.: Some time ago I bought the Tank Box set. "Filth Hounds Of Hades" was defect, so I asked Metal Mind to replace it. They did without any problem. So it's not all bad with Metal Mind - but still I don't like their re-release policy.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I dislike digipaks, but a few of them are cool. I rather like the one for Sodom's M-16.
J.K.

Re: Worst Re-issues

Post by J.K. »

Divine Victim wrote:I gave my CD copy of Tiamat's Sumerian Cry a spin the other day, and sadly I only own the horrendous 2005 Blackend reissue. It lacks the killer original art, has no lyrics, and apparently they didn't even get the tracklisting right.
I got the original one and there's no lyrics too. Just the logo in the booklet, spread on 2 blank pages. And there is a mistake in the tracklisting too I think.

I haven't read the whole thread, but two things pisses me off:

1/ The reissues of Megadeth classics: I was waiting for the remastered sound, cause I thought it would be cool to had some power to the classics, but this dumbass of Mustaine REMIXED the whole stuffs... The result is obviously BAD.

2/ All the Black Mark edition of Bathory's CD contains several mistakes in the tracklisting lol. Apparently it's really tough to correctly print a tracklist on a CD :lol:

That's all, because I don't want to start thinking of all my reissues that has flaws.
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw