Worst Re-issues

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
wreackhavoc

Post by wreackhavoc »

WARFARE NOISE VOL.1 CD (Cogumelo)
Audio taken from a worn vinyl, even skips a few times.

HALFORD "Resurrection" CD (Metal God Entertainment)
Remastered to death. Distorted sound, impossible to play it loud.
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

The KRAKEN (Col.) anthology. What a pile of shit.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:The KRAKEN (Col.) anthology. What a pile of shit.
Ha, I was about to buy that CD (if you are referring to Kraken I + II CD). Can you specify what is wrong about it?
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Herkus Monte wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:The KRAKEN (Col.) anthology. What a pile of shit.
Ha, I was about to buy that CD (if you are referring to Kraken I + II CD). Can you specify what is wrong about it?
Well for a start it doesn't have the song "Fugitivo" on it which just beggars belief! The track listing is not complete, the 2 albums have 16 songs, on this re-issue there are 13. Then the track order is changed as well. The cover art is total bullshit, just a photo of the band looking at us over a wall.

The booklet features lyrics at least so that's something positive.

But the sound is absolutely crap, really thin and compressed, no balls at all. I found MP3s of the albums that sounded much better. A very disappointing re-issue unfortunately, don't waste your money.
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

Metallica- Kill em All....1988, I loved the free Metallica guitar pick it came with, and the November 1984 songs from Creeping Death, but I hated the new Kill em All logo, and the Bang the head that does not Bang, is also deleted.

Onslaught -- The Force Power Age 1st edition in 1998, the cover art was fucked with, they turned the Pentagram into a pagan star pentacle instead (I turned the star the right way but then Onslaught logo was then upside down), but this was corrected with the 2nd Power Age edition, with a better back layout.

Onslaught--The Force Japan Music For Nations..3 bonus tracks with Steve Grimmit, those should of been on the Japan version of "In search of Sanity", instead.

Any of the metal blade CD reissues, from the 3984-14000...after Enigma went out of business, the Enigma 7 71000 - 7 75000, ones are better, but not everything from MBR 1001 through MBR 1080 Made it on CD first time around like Obessesion and Witchkiller.

Blue Cheer- The Beast is Back ...Caroline different cover from the Important Records Version

Exciter- Exciter (Double Play Classic)... Megaforce/ Caroline 1989. A track missing from each album, but future reissuse CD's were made from this CD... causing a fuck up reissue of Violence and Force with Steamhammer

Jag Panzer- Ample Destruction Metal Core and Metal Blade/Caroline Records versions (for some reason the Death Records logo is also stamped on the CD itself)...changed artwork on each edition. Luckily the NO POSER Records version corrected this real bad f*&!- up.

Celtic Frost- Morbid Tales Noise/ BMG...different artwork, but the original Noise/Polygram/SPV N-oo3 CD was superior.

Black Death- Black Death (Auburn Records)- I bought it from Auburn Records directly, but it was made by Shifty Records or Shifty Productions, can remember so long ago...and after a year all the music disappeared from the disc.

Oz--Fire in the Brain 1983(p) ...Black Mark 1996/ 1983 (c)/ (p), really bad insert, I was expecting something like the Sentinel Steel or Maximum Metal treatment of a album of this caliber.

I hate the Pricekillers Series by RoadrunneR, but at least those do not come with any bonus tracks

Detente- Recognize no Authority--- has the Nu-Metal 1999 era logo ROADRUNNER and not the heavy metal era logo of RoadrunneR. Artillery's - Through the years, has this fuck-up also. Tank Boxset of "Dogs of War" has this mistake also.

Satan- Court in the Act. Neat Metal version, I like the RoadrunneR/ Far East Metal Syndicate version better.

Exodus- Bonded by Blood, the second version by Combat with new back layout and bonus tracks...and the 3rd version by Combat (Changed artwork, just the logo and read and black bones in the background) with new booklet printed in 1991.
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

Worse than price killers is SPV mid-price series.

One of my favorite heavy metal albums from 1986 Deaf Dealer "Keeper of the Flame" was done in a horrible way, back layout and booklet....arrghh. Been looking forward to this being re-pressed in some better way for along time now.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DeathMetalWeenie wrote:Exciter- Exciter (Double Play Classic)... Megaforce/ Caroline 1989. A track missing from each album, but future reissuse CD's were made from this CD... causing a fuck up reissue of Violence and Force with Steamhammer
This was done due to the langth of the CD. The only way to correct the issue would be to compress the recordings which would cause inferior sound quality.
DeathMetalWeenie wrote:Jag Panzer- Ample Destruction Metal Core and Metal Blade/Caroline Records versions (for some reason the Death Records logo is also stamped on the CD itself)...changed artwork on each edition. Luckily the NO POSER Records version corrected this real bad f*&!- up.
You know that Death and Metal Blade are the same company, right? Death is just a sub-label of Metal Blade. Also, the "No Poser" records CD is a bootleg.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
jamsonic1

Post by jamsonic1 »

Mad Max - Mad Max, Metal Mind Productions CD, audio is taken directly from vinyl causing pops, skips and a sound balance problem to be heard throughout the CD.

Blind Fury - Out Of Reach, 2nd pressing on Majestic Rock, has crappy cardboard slip case packaging, no insert whatsoever, has not been remastered and crappy sound quality on the bonus tracks.
J.

Post by J. »

The recent Savage Grace cd reissues by LMP are absolute abominations.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

j wrote:Blind Fury - Out Of Reach, 2nd pressing on Majestic Rock, has crappy cardboard slip case packaging, no insert whatsoever, has not been remastered and crappy sound quality on the bonus tracks.
What do you expect from a bootleg company :roll:
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

I got disappointed by the ION BRITTON "Eat metal" CD.
It has no booklet, just the cover as an Inlay, furthermore features no bonus tracks etc.

At least the sound is pretty good, but I did expect a lot more for 13€. :?
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Any Unisound rerelease that is sad to be legit....Too bad Deceptor did not get a proper relrease....
akira

Post by akira »

jamsonic1 wrote: Blind Fury - Out Of Reach, 2nd pressing on Majestic Rock, has crappy cardboard slip case packaging, no insert whatsoever, has not been remastered and crappy sound quality on the bonus tracks.
I was also disappointing with Majestic Rock crap cd. Fortunately, Metal Mind repair that. Their versions of Satan and Blind Fury cd's were done directly from master tapes and sound the best of all versions available.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

What's wrong with the FEMS version? It's pretty cheap and sounds great. I don't trust Metal Mind's "re-mastering", usually they just brickwall and limit and call it a day.
akira

Post by akira »

FEMS is OK but Metalminds is a bit clearer. These two are good reissues, not too loud. Brickwalled sound is going on my nerves too.
I didn't like Neat cd of Satan, sound is muffled. It seems that has been taken from vinyl.