BOOTLEGS VS MP3

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

Vaggelis wrote:Metal is not about money some people must understand this.
Get a job if you want money.
Having a band is not a job.When people will realize it? :evil:
It's a bit too simple.

Playing for money is a wrong reason but to accomplish some great work you need money and all...

And playing in a band is a WORK of course... The albums don't make themself alone it's due to hard working. There is not only talent!!

I don't think Metallica could've make their Master of Puppets if they were working from 9 to 5 in a factory :lol:
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

DeathMetalWeenie wrote:It is just total bullshit, when the bootleg blows away the legal edition, in terms of quailty of sound
I've not known this to be the case, at least not with any bootleg I've ever encountered. The bootleggers don't have the master tapes, they have to take the audio from the originals. So at best it will sound the same (exact copy of an original CD), at worst it will be a crappy vinyl transfer or taken from MP3s floating around the net. I don't see how a boot could possibly sound better.

I guess a boot could sound better than a remastered issue if the remastering was botched or brickwalled to shit. But no bootleg is going to sound better than an original pressing.