Recent Metal finds (2011)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

chatzial wrote:
After Liquid Earth's arrival, they don't feel very exciting.
Meh, I've heard the Liquid Earth 12" and at least the Panik Attak is way more exciting. These Liquid Earth guys can't handle their instruments. Very amateurish stuff. I mean it's in the same price category like f.e. a Wyzard 12" or a Leather Nunn LP. :wink:
Just rated by the average music I'd spend maybe 20 E for it, not more.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

LethylSteel wrote:
chatzial wrote:
Meh, I've heard the Liquid Earth 12" and at least the Panik Attak is way more exciting. These Liquid Earth guys can't handle their instruments. Very amateurish stuff. I mean it's in the same price category like f.e. a Wyzard 12" or a Leather Nunn LP. :wink:
Obviously we have a totally different taste in music because i like Wyzard and Leather Nunn is one of my all time favorite U.S. Metal releases (that's why i located them back then and participated in the "Take the night" reisssue).
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

did you hear the 12" or just the rerecorded stuff off their website? That material they really rushed and isn't too good.
LethylSteel wrote:
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

chatzial wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:
chatzial wrote:
Obviously we have a totally different taste in music because i like Wyzard and Leather Nunn is one of my all time favorite U.S. Metal releases (that's why i located them back then and participated in the "Take the night" reisssue).
I like Wyzard and Leather Nunn, but Liquid Earth isn't any contender to any of them musically I mean. They just share the same price category.

@DoomedPlanet:
I've heard the 12" stuff and it was quite laughable. They should have wait 1 year longer to record anything. Sounds like badly rehearsed or they just played together for 2 weeks or so. :lol:
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Where did you hear it, on the net? Lion's Den vinyl rip is on youtube and is tight as hell old US steel, killer metal that doesn't get much better.. The 12" is amongst the best US metalr.

The other versions on the net are very amateurish with a different vocalist.
LethylSteel wrote:
@DoomedPlanet:
I've heard the 12" stuff and it was quite laughable. They should have wait 1 year longer to record anything. Sounds like badly rehearsed or they just played together for 2 weeks or so. :lol:
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

doomedplanet wrote:Where did you hear it, on the net? Lion's Den vinyl rip is on youtube and is tight as hell old US steel, killer metal that doesn't get much better.. The 12" is amongst the best US metalr.

The other versions on the net are very amateurish with a different vocalist.
I got the MP3's from someone who's name I'm not allowed to tell. :wink:
But it's soundwise an 80's recording. But not very exciting executed by the musicianship.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

doomedplanet wrote:Lion's Den vinyl rip is on youtube and is tight as hell old US steel, killer metal that doesn't get much better.. The 12" is amongst the best US metalr.

tremendous!! one of those records that'll never get my hands on!
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I liked what I had heard myself.Certainly fail the "laughable" characterisation as stated above!
Never trust the Goblin King....
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I like the LE 12" a lot, but I can see where it would not appeal to some folks, as the musicianship on it is rough at times. Of course, the same can be said of 'Welcome to Hell' :)

Personally I was never wowed by Leather Nun. It's certainly not bad, but I don't consider it a stand-out release and I would never spend any serious money in order to own a copy of it. Just my opinion.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

nightsblood wrote:I like the LE 12" a lot, but I can see where it would not appeal to some folks, as the musicianship on it is rough at times. Of course, the same can be said of 'Welcome to Hell' :)

Personally I was never wowed by Leather Nun. It's certainly not bad, but I don't consider it a stand-out release and I would never spend any serious money in order to own a copy of it. Just my opinion.
exact opposite for me haha.... i like what i heard from L.E., but Leather Nunn along with the Graven Image one sided 12" are probably the only records i would spend a grand on if i could
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Crystal Pride - s/t CD (when was this actually released? Looks fairly recent)
Reincarnate - Take It or Leave It 7" (the bootleg, unfortunately, but I couldn't go another day without owning this in some form)
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

perishinflames wrote:Crystal Pride - s/t CD (when was this actually released? Looks fairly recent)
If it's the Thunderload CD I don't know if it's legit, that one always looked fishy to me even though I have been assured a few times it's official.
If it's the King Records CD it was released in 1996 and should come with an OBI-strip.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yeah, Thunderload version. No IFPI code, It looks pretty old.But I still wonder about its origins.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:Some stuff satan left under the tree:

I was surprised to get the Sacrifice- crest of black cd, I thought shadow kingdom records sold out of those a while ago.
I got Skyrim for PS3 last week, have hardly set the controller down since. Fucking incredible.

Also, it sucks that I missed Stormpell's sale. Crest of Black CD for $10? Amazing deal. I have the LP but want the CD for the bonus tracks.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

perishinflames wrote:Yeah, Thunderload version. No IFPI code, It looks pretty old.But I still wonder about its origins.
Tell me the matrix and I can probably figure it out (you can send it by PM if you want to keep it quiet)