Overdrive (UK)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
lynx

Overdrive (UK)

Post by lynx »

I was wondering if anybody ever tried to buy anything from their webshop, successfully or not.

I tried to a few months ago. I eventually wrote them 3-4 weeks after the order, also 2 months later and probably also 1 and a half months later, so eventually I wound up emailing all the band members several times, with no answer of any kind.

I do admit my old e-mail had problems of the type I would receive empty messages which I couldn't read (maybe one of 20 emails and only from a few people it would do that), but still.

I eventually cancelled the payment from my card about 2 and a half months later. It took a while to get my money back (about 2 months or almost).

A lot of bands suck at selling their own merch, they're not the only ones...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I ordered from them. Took a while back then too(over a month at least), but I got everything I asked for.
Do beware when buying a CD-r of their old albums. They are indirect copies from vinyl that sound 10 times worse than even proper MP3 rips. Like they put a microphone to a weak stereo system playing the records.
lynx

Post by lynx »

I don't think I'll order again soon. It's pretty ridiculous to run an online store and not check your e-mail for months. Plus I got this message every time I sent an e-mail to the main account that it failed to deliver the mail to some other accounts (which I didn't sent the mail to). It didn't do it when I sent an e-mail to the other accounts, but it gets pretty annoying to talk to walls...

oh, actually I just checked their site and they just closed the shop. It sure is useful to post that 4 or 5 months after the fact.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

lynx wrote:oh, actually I just checked their site and they just closed the shop. It sure is useful to post that 4 or 5 months after the fact.
It doesn't look closed from my point of view. I can still buy as much as I want.
lynx

Post by lynx »

Yeah, I suppose, especially if you send cash in an envelope or something. I could have caused them problems by cancelling from my card. I didn't use straight paypal, and paypal has problems, because people often cancel paypal directly to their bank, which hardly ever happens with normal card verifiers except in the case of theft or fraud. Paypal actually get verified themselves, they are middlemen, that's why they take such huge fees. O.k., I am speculating about what happened.

Anyways, I am probably being too harsh on them, there are lots of things which could have happened, from my email being incompatible with their system, their system being virused or hacked, they all went on vacation on some Indian Ocean island with no internet for 2 months, personal problems and so on.