ebay: phobuscreation

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
professor röar

ebay: phobuscreation

Post by professor röar »

does anyone know this ebay seller from greece? i believe he mostly sells bootlegs but am not sure.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

"This is not the first press but some later edition."

Yes you're right. No surprise anyway.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Dealt with him once... Bought a Jag Panzer / Steel Prophet split CD from him (Reborn Classics bootleg)

Never bothered to check his catalog but I'd be careful ordering any CDs that are heavily bootlegged. If you have to order one of those... ask him to take high quality photos of the areas that can be used to tell them apart... and ask him to write his eBay username on a piece of paper and put that next to the item, that way you know he ain't cheating with the pictures.

Anyway... from the contact I had with him he was very helpful, so he MIGHT be one of the honest Greeks.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

He sells tons of bootlegs and i'd be greatly suprised if he had any original OOP CDs for sale. Avoid.
professor röar

Post by professor röar »

thanks guys! i ordered from him once (trouble - manic frustration cd). what i got was a bootleg, although very well made, almost indistinguishable from the original. the only thing that struck me was that the cd did not look like the other def american discs i had from that time and the inner ring with the matrix was totally wrong. but the booklet and back inlay were excellent and the disc was definitely not a cd-r. so i told him that it was a bootleg. he refunded the money and let me keep the disc. so it is probably true, he just sells boots, no originals.