BATHORY Collector - Help Please

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Nice looking collection there man - I know from personal experience those Jubileum LPs aren't the easiest to track down.
Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Having gone through the music sammler listings you're right they're not complete, but still very useful.

A couple of further questions, there's very few US pressings mentioned, does that mean Bathory never had many US releases?

And does anyone have any info on the Hellion label pressings from Brazil?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Shawn wrote:A couple of further questions, there's very few US pressings mentioned, does that mean Bathory never had many US releases?
Musik-Sammler is mainly for Germans right now as the site is still a beta and the entire development team is German. My guess is that most members on that site mostly buy their stuff off Amazon, at fares, in local stores and such, within these sources the US editions are more scarce than they are on eBay or in American trade / sell lists and online stores.

Whenever I get some slightly rarer stuff pressed in the more odd places of Europe or in America/Asia/Oceania I have to add them myself.
80sKid

Post by 80sKid »

The first three albums are essential but he lost me after "Blood, Fire, Death" and even that was marginal for me. Never got into the "epic" stuff.
80sKid

Post by 80sKid »

Shawn wrote:A couple of further questions, there's very few US pressings mentioned, does that mean Bathory never had many US releases?
As far as U.S. vinyl pressings of the early albums, "s/t" and "the return" were licensed to Combat and "under the sign" was licensed to New Renaissance. After that, "blood fire death" was released on CD & cassette by the short-lived "Kraze" label, and "hammerheart" was released via the U.S. division of Noise (through Important) on CD & cassette. If memory serves correct, all later albums were released (and are still available) via Black Mark USA (Relativity).
peterott

Post by peterott »

metalmaster wrote:Perhpas these pics are of help.. Are not updated, but I think are most of the ones I have. sorry no cd pics, I'm too lazy to search for them right now :oops:

monsterpics
Can you please write which pressings/versions are in each picture ?