Record stores in Rhodes, Greece

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Destrozer

Record stores in Rhodes, Greece

Post by Destrozer »

This might be a long shot but, are there any?
Going there with my wife this Sunday.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

If you're searching for something more obscure than Iron Maiden, I highly doubt it.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Haha, so I thought. Isn't Greece supposed to be the Mecca of US-Metal? Shops in Athens are supposed to be really good? Maybe in Turkey then; it's only 18 Km from Rhodes.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Destrozer wrote:Haha, so I thought. Isn't Greece supposed to be the Mecca of US-Metal? Shops in Athens are supposed to be really good?
Where did you read that? Shops in Athens don't have anything really special, most of them are ordinary shops with common records and normal prices, the metal rarities you can find here are really few and far between.
The 'Mecca of US-metal' is a term I've never heard about Athens and is a bit exaggerated IMO. I guess it has more to do with the dedication of the fans to that particular style rather than the quantity of US metal records you find here.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

there are as many US metal rarities in my bathroom as are there are in all of the greek islands combined
zero
..no wait i'm forgetting someone.. haha
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

MassOfKthulu wrote:there are as many US metal rarities in my bathroom as are there are in all of the greek islands combined
zero
Put some steel in your bathroom! At least your copy of AWOL should fit in perfectly. 8)
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
hload

Post by hload »

MassOfKthulu wrote:there are as many US metal rarities in my bathroom as are there are in all of the greek islands combined
zero

hahahahaha
daniel

Post by daniel »

I think I've heard it all when I see someone refer to AWOL as pure steel. I think what's happening on the cover is that guy is shitting out the masters for the EP, en route to where the music belongs. Not even close to being metal. Another case of rarity clouding minds. But hey, Psychotic Waltz sucks in comparison right Kuntz?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

daniel wrote:But hey, Psychotic Waltz sucks in comparison right Kuntz?
Owned Image
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

daniel wrote:I think I've heard it all when I see someone refer to AWOL as pure steel. I think what's happening on the cover is that guy is shitting out the masters for the EP, en route to where the music belongs. Not even close to being metal. Another case of rarity clouding minds. But hey, Psychotic Waltz sucks in comparison right Kuntz?
Haha, well i didn't compare those bands to each other if i remember correctly. I can't get into WALTZ at all, that's pretty much all is said. And I haven't even heard AWOL yet to be honest, so many albums waiting to be heard and i never made any statement on their music, so i don't really know what's your point??

But that's not the issue here, so please back to topic...
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80