does anybody know this piece of shit?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

GJ wrote:...or Sudan?
Can't keep up with all the orders I get from Darfur. Though personally I deal with Tehran the most. Great, friendly postal services there. NEVER get any complaints from over there.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Black Axe wrote:Image
Hahaha...

That's awesome and I'm totally stealing it.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

Black Axe wrote:
GJ wrote:...or Sudan?
Can't keep up with all the orders I get from Darfur. Though personally I deal with Tehran the most. Great, friendly postal services there. NEVER get any complaints from over there.
Don't tell me you got the original Steel Ayatollah - Fearless Iranians from Hell* EP complete, including the little plastic bag with the anthrax powder?

*Teenage memory revisited
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I always find there's a lot of racism in criticizing a nation's postal system

I sent+received almost 1000 parcels in the last years here in italy...only 1 was lost (or nor even sent...from USA by the way)....but still I live in a so called "corrupted/3rd world country", according to some stastistic made by more "evolved country"..

so, yeah...when I say "I don't send to Italy, Greece, South America"...I always think..."ok, yeah, fucking racist, I won't put my money in your dirty hands"...who's the winner? who's the loser?

still...niggers like to dance, heebs steal money, chinese people eat rice and italian post sucks....
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Couldn't have said it better :)
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

jnfernal wrote:I always find there's a lot of racism in criticizing a nation's postal system

I sent+received almost 1000 parcels in the last years here in italy...only 1 was lost (or nor even sent...from USA by the way)....but still I live in a so called "corrupted/3rd world country", according to some stastistic made by more "evolved country"..

so, yeah...when I say "I don't send to Italy, Greece, South America"...I always think..."ok, yeah, fucking racist, I won't put my money in your dirty hands"...who's the winner? who's the loser?

still...niggers like to dance, heebs steal money, chinese people eat rice and italian post sucks....
But surely these aren't the same thing? The first three are racial slurs while the fourth is a general observation, correct or false, on how a postal system works. It doesn't criticise Italians, only their postal system.

Can't see how you'd identify strongly with something like that either. The Norwegian state railway company is a disaster, but that doesn't really have any impact on my national pride or lack of it.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
yo_baby_sup

Post by yo_baby_sup »

i sell thousands of items a year online. i've had a few people try to rip me off. The main problem is ebay reinforcing that it takes 14 days for a package to get anywhere in the world. this is not true. I've had packages going to australia take 45 days. I've had a package going from pa to ca take 35 days. I've also had a package going to germany take less than 7.

greece, italy, brazil are supposed to be the worst postal systems. I've been straight up ripped off from brazil, complete scam which had nothing to do with the postal workers.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I've been selling stuff on ebay regularly this year just to get a few extra bucks and clean the house out. Here's my take on international shipping rates and complaints:

Some folks get way too uptight about shipping rates. It's a shipping quote people, not a personal insult- get over yourself! If a seller requires shipping protection of some sort to your country, he's not declaring you, your friends & family to be gutter scum. He's not burning your nation's flag, calling for the overthrow of your government, poisoning your nation's children, or selling weapons to guerilla fighters hellbent on unleashing terror and death upon your small, peaceful villages. Got it?

Now that we've established that shipping Registration is not a racist plot to prevent you from buying my used CDs, let's look at why sellers REALLY charge extra to ship to some folks...

Over the years dealers have figured out that certain countries have higher than usual instances of corruption, be it from the postal system or the customers themselves. So they take steps to protect themselves. Two things to understand:

1- no one's claiming every single person in ____ is crooked and that every single package sent to or from _____ is gonna get lost or stolen. But you don't have to get burned many times before you learn to take extra precautions when dealing with certain parts of the world. How many packages would YOU be willing to have 'lost' shipping them to a certain country before you took extra precautions to cover your ass?

2- Ebay-Paypal does almost NOTHING to support sellers in dispute cases. Those companies dominate our hobby and they make it really, really easy to rip off a seller if you want to. If the seller doesn't cover his ass, ebay-paypal sure as hell won't back him up.

Note too that sellers gain NOTHING by charging extra shipping costs for registration, insurance, etc. All they get are extra postal forms to fill out and pain-in-the-ass packing requirements, like having to use paper tape instead of regular packing tape. If you've never used paper tape, it's like trying to use cardboard to wipe your butt... it's a major pain in the ass. So sellers aren't charging you extra for profit, and again, they're not doing it to insult your race, religion, ethnic group, or nation.

Sellers know that any transaction can go bad regardless of the buyer's address or feedback score. But they cannot afford to charge Registration and Insurance fees on every item they sell; the shipping cost would scare off all their bidders. Let's do the math:
--Say I'm selling a used CD that should sell for about $20. A CD w/ case weighs 3.5 ounces. In a standard bubble-padded envelope it costs about $3.96 to mail 1st Class to most of Europe. The envelope costs about $1, so it's $5 shipping for the disc. At that point a European bidder can still enter a reasonable bid of $15. But if I charge Registration for every cd sent to Europe, that's an extra $11.50. That brings the shipping cost to $16.50. The Euro bidder now can only enter a $3.50 bid, which isn't gonna win a $20 cd 99+% of the time. Thus, the seller doesn't wanna require Registration unless he feels it's really necessary to protect himself.

Yes, you can try to cut some corners to reduce shipping costs, but they generate as many complaints as they do extra bids. Send w/o cases? Buyers bitch the disc gets damaged. Send Media Mail? People bitch that it takes longer.

Thus, all you can do is try to protect yourself when dealing with individuals and/or areas that are the most likely to produce problems. Low feedback bidders. Countries with consistent complaints of mail fraud. Countries with a long history of scamming sellers. This Means You. It sucks that some good people get stuck in those categories, but those good people aren't gonna reimburse me if one of the assholes rips me off.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky