Most expensive

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:this photo screams "Photoshop". Some details are completely blurred, others, like the matrix, perfectly clear.

Another thing that looks fishy is the failure to mention Megaforce Records, who were the rights owners for this album. Music For Nations only had a license.
Agreed.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Helstar wrote:That russian seller is very well known for making bootlegs of non existing Stormwitch Scratch cds (Walpurgis Night, Tales Of Terror...) :roll:

This doesn't mean that the Metallica Slimline doesn't exist, but ok who knows :P
Yeah, no-more-color is a well known Russian mafia bootlegger specializing in one of a kind replicas of mega-sought-after releases. Sorry to say a8m unloaded $700 on a bootleg.
Cezi

Post by Cezi »

Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
The graphic on top of the disc is also different. This is the red rectangle design from the second half of the 80's which would mean it's a later pressing then the slimline if, in fact, the slimline exists.
the catalogue number (99##) suggests that this CD was first released in 1984.
Hello!

In fact another interesting topic concerning Roadrunner Slimline series. Some years ago ebay seller "Konakuna" was selling the whole Roadrunner Slimline series except Metallica and M-80. He stated in the auction description that he had Metallica - Kill'em all but he sold it for the price no-one would refuse. He didn't mention the amount however. Anyway he was selling two of the rarest slimline CD's - Manowar - Hail to England and Jaguar - This Time. I wrote down and I have the ebay auction numbers, but I was stupid enough to to save screenshots of those auctions. There were very detailed photos and as far as my knowledge about slimlines is concerned they were originals. Anyway I could see old screenshots of Metallica - Kill'em All Auction. Is it a screenshot taken ages ago or just some of you have a commercial access to old ebay auctions which allows browsing. Anyway if any of you know the way how to find very old auctions by auction number I can pass those two.
By the way I'm pretty sure I saw maybe 10 years ago M-80 on ebay. It was without back sticker and without the slimline case, but it was Roadrunner release. So it means that CD does exist.

Best regards,
Cezi