Most expensive

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
humus

Post by humus »

Traitor wrote:
Khnud wrote:Not an LP, but the Stormchild single sold for £2152, which equals $3200.

This is just on ebay though. I'm sure private deals have yielded higher sums than that.
I'm sure (but can't reveal details) that another copy sold privately for 4500 GBP...and well, in fact the guy that won the ebay copy received offers for twice the price he payed (£2152) after the auction ended...
The one you talk about is a sale from a UK bloke to a Greek right? I've posted about this deal only I was told 4500 euro was the price.
I missed Flames of Hell at 123 Euro in the early 2000's...I'm still pissed off! Then the years later the record got known to everyone and the price ... is history!
I remember that auction well...because I was second highest bidder! Although I thought it sold for a little more, or maybe I was bidding on a different one.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Unfortunately metallipromo's top 100 items page is down, but I was still able to find the photos of Kill 'em All slimline:

http://www.metallipromo.com/images/cdkill/025.jpg
http://www.metallipromo.com/images/cdkill/026.jpg

CD made in Germany? ;)
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

There was also a non-slimline version pictured but these photos are gone. I even pasted it on this forum some time ago.
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

humus wrote:
Traitor wrote:
Khnud wrote:Not an LP, but the Stormchild single sold for £2152, which equals $3200.

This is just on ebay though. I'm sure private deals have yielded higher sums than that.
I'm sure (but can't reveal details) that another copy sold privately for 4500 GBP...and well, in fact the guy that won the ebay copy received offers for twice the price he payed (£2152) after the auction ended...
The one you talk about is a sale from a UK bloke to a Greek right? I've posted about this deal only I was told 4500 euro was the price.
Yes, it's that sale, but it didn't went to a Greek guy, it's been sold to a guy from Belgium ;-)
no hope, no fear
humus

Post by humus »

Really? I'm wondering who has that amount of spare cash to spend on a single, but then again I'm not at home in NWOBHM-collector circles.
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

I know for sure because I know both the seller and the buyer, but I cannot reveal more for obvious reasons... :-)

I would be curious to know the Belgian guy that would like to trade his own Stormchild for No Quarter or Holocaust [2] EPs... ;-)
no hope, no fear
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Traitor wrote:I would be curious to know the Belgian guy that would like to trade his own Stormchild for No Quarter or Holocaust [2] EPs... ;-)
It might be the same guy you mentioned above. Perhaps he's got two copies? Now that I think about it, I think he mentioned he had one sleeveless copy, and one with sleeve.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Holocaust [2] "Slay that dragon"
Argh this hurts reading it. I sold my copy Holocaust "Slay that dragon" to one of the BIG collector's unfortunately as I am not soooo big NWOBHM fan...
If I would have known that I would get a copy of Stormchild for it I would have kept it for sure cause this one I want :-(..but that's life...
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Fils Du Metal wrote:
Holocaust [2] "Slay that dragon"
Argh this hurts reading it. I sold my copy Holocaust "Slay that dragon" to one of the BIG collector's unfortunately as I am not soooo big NWOBHM fan...
If I would have known that I would get a copy of Stormchild for it I would have kept it for sure cause this one I want :-(..but that's life...
What is the story behind this single?
How does the music sound like?
Is there maybe a picture of the cover available?
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

no hope, no fear
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

This is STORMCHILD, but I asked for HOLOCAUST "Slay the dragon".
Thanks for Link though.
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

never in ps apparently...supposed from Scotland
no hope, no fear
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Great, thanks for the pic and info. :D
warmachine

Post by warmachine »

Heathen wrote:There was also a non-slimline version pictured but these photos are gone. I even pasted it on this forum some time ago.
This is version in regular case (same matrix code - disc pressed in Germany)

Image Image Image Image Image
Zobacz całą galerię | Darmowe galerie Allegro
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

it has no pic sleeve. And it is no 7". It is a 12". The story behind I don't know...I was lucky enough to get the copy..now knowing how stupid it was to give it away :-) I don't know anybody on this planet owning it, Mario? Are there more known copies?