Most expensive

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

thanks for the pic MArio you were faster :-) Stolen from my Facebook-page :-) grrrr I hate social networks haha
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

Hi Peter! ;-D
Yeah, pic was yours, have to admit, ahahahah!
but I know another (white label) copy around.
I've also been told it could be a totally non-UK band, someone thinks it could be from USA or Canada...all suppositions though... :-)

Also, I know 2 of the tracks from the EP circulated many years ago in reduced form (they were a bit shorter in lenght), so would not be surprised if any promo/test copy would be in circulation too...
no hope, no fear
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

warmachine wrote:
Avenger wrote:
sovdat wrote:
Supposedly $1000 few years ago, and some said that it was a bootleg.
Who knows if the Metallica, Manowar and M-80 Slimline CD's even exist.

Other then the Metallica from a very questionable source, I've never actually seen pictures of any of these in a way that actually proves authenticity in my years.

Zobacz całą galerię | Darmowe galerie Allegro
Avenger wrote:I've never actually seen pictures of any of these in a way that actually proves authenticity in my years.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Unfortunately metallipromo's top 100 items page is down, but I was still able to find the photos of Kill 'em All slimline:

http://www.metallipromo.com/images/cdkill/025.jpg
http://www.metallipromo.com/images/cdkill/026.jpg

CD made in Germany? ;)
Yes, that's where the discrepancy lies.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

warmachine wrote:
Heathen wrote:There was also a non-slimline version pictured but these photos are gone. I even pasted it on this forum some time ago.
This is version in regular case (same matrix code - disc pressed in Germany)

Image Image Image Image Image
Zobacz całą galerię | Darmowe galerie Allegro
The graphic on top of the disc is also different. This is the red rectangle design from the second half of the 80's which would mean it's a later pressing then the slimline if, in fact, the slimline exists.
Last edited by Avenger on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Welcome to the forum newbie! Did you know there's already a fellow called Avenger who's deeply into matrix numbers here? Haha!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GJ wrote:Welcome to the forum newbie! Did you know there's already a fellow called Avenger who's deeply into matrix numbers here? Haha!
Well, he's now got some serious competition.
Shiremen

Hail

Post by Shiremen »

I thought the Manowar - Hail To England slimline CD on Roadrunner was rarer than Kill'em All?

Btw, whats the Edge Of Sanity by Hexenhaus on Active Records worth?
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

The Edge Of Eternity worth usually about 30 euro
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

That metallica slimline looks fishy to me, it says on the matrix 86 which indicates it was made in 1986 but the others came out in 1985, also the slimline sticker is completely white, it should look at least slightly discoloured due to age, it looks brand new.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

slayerhatesusall wrote:That metallica slimline looks fishy to me, it says on the matrix 86 which indicates it was made in 1986 but the others came out in 1985, also the slimline sticker is completely white, it should look at least slightly discoloured due to age, it looks brand new.
Where can you see the Matrix for the slimline CD? The one only visible is for the standard case version. By the way, the Megaforce pressing is from the same year as the standard case Roadrunner disc.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
warmachine wrote:
Heathen wrote:There was also a non-slimline version pictured but these photos are gone. I even pasted it on this forum some time ago.
The graphic on top of the disc is also different. This is the red rectangle design from the second half of the 80's which would mean it's a later pressing then the slimline if, in fact, the slimline exists.
the catalogue number (99##) suggests that this CD was first released in 1984.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
warmachine wrote:
the catalogue number (99##) suggests that this CD was first released in 1984.
CAT Numbers do not always flow in numerical order. If you have viewed the labels section of the boards you would notice this. A lot of times a release is given a CAT Number before it's actually released and then it's delayed for whatever reason. Meanwhile releases put out by the same label that were scheduled for a later date are still released on time. Also, a lot of labels such as Metal Blade (Enigma/Restless era) and Roadrunner share the same CAT Numbers with both vinyl and CD releases. The vinyl is released promptly and the CD at a later date. This is not a reliable source.

There are very few Metal albums released on CD format prior to 1985.
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

Avenger wrote:
slayerhatesusall wrote:That metallica slimline looks fishy to me, it says on the matrix 86 which indicates it was made in 1986 but the others came out in 1985, also the slimline sticker is completely white, it should look at least slightly discoloured due to age, it looks brand new.
Where can you see the Matrix for the slimline CD? The one only visible is for the standard case version. By the way, the Megaforce pressing is from the same year as the standard case Roadrunner disc.
In this picture:
http://www.metallipromo.com/images/cdkill/026.jpg

I think it says 86, but its upside down so its hard to read.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

this photo screams "Photoshop". Some details are completely blurred, others, like the matrix, perfectly clear.

Another thing that looks fishy is the failure to mention Megaforce Records, who were the rights owners for this album. Music For Nations only had a license.