Most expensive

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Destrozer

Most expensive

Post by Destrozer »

Maybe this has been discussed already, but I can't find it anywhere...
What is the most expensive
Metal LP
Metal CD
Metal tape
Metal shirt
Metal related stuff
ever sold?
Honestly, I have no idea...
Feel free to close the topic if this is already discussed elsewhere.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

At $2200, Sororicide probably takes the prize for CDs (even though it was a one-off thing, I've never seen anything higher). LPs, well I guess only the buyer and seller will know as the highest stuff is probably private deals. I'm curious about top prices paid for tapes and merch myself..
humus

Post by humus »

For merchandise there is nothing that comes close to Iron maiden event shirts. There are literally a few dozen designs that will sell for >$500. The most expensive one is probably 'The beast cracks the west coast 1982', one shirt in bad condition sold for over $1500.
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

I believe Flames of hells fire and steel vinyl has gone for about 2000$ before. Militias the sybling lp has sold for 3000$.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Thought I remembered reading somewhere that the French guy who turned up some FoH copies got $3000 for one of them. Hearsay of course, but wouldn't be surprised. Also it's impossible to know what certain records may have sold for (Warzwolf? who knows what else). Of course there's also the matter of Paradoxx *cough*

Militia may never hit that price again, but it very well may be the highest metal LP in popsike database (scary as the $3k copy was beat to shit)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I believe that Glockose mentioned that he sold copies for way more than that ($3k Militia).
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Has anyone seen Kill 'Em All Roadrunner CD for sale and how much did it go for?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Not an LP, but the Stormchild single sold for £2152, which equals $3200.

This is just on ebay though. I'm sure private deals have yielded higher sums than that.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

pan_Heathen wrote:Has anyone seen Kill 'Em All Roadrunner CD for sale and how much did it go for?
Supposedly $1000 few years ago, and some said that it was a bootleg.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:Has anyone seen Kill 'Em All Roadrunner CD for sale and how much did it go for?
Who knows if the Metallica, Manowar and M-80 Slimline CD's even exist.

Other then the Metallica from a very questionable source, I've never actually seen pictures of any of these in a way that actually proves authenticity in my years.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
warmachine

Post by warmachine »

Avenger wrote:
sovdat wrote:
Who knows if the Metallica, Manowar and M-80 Slimline CD's even exist.

Other then the Metallica from a very questionable source, I've never actually seen pictures of any of these in a way that actually proves authenticity in my years.

Zobacz całą galerię | Darmowe galerie Allegro
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

That russian seller is very well known for making bootlegs of non existing Stormwitch Scratch cds (Walpurgis Night, Tales Of Terror...) :roll:

This doesn't mean that the Metallica Slimline doesn't exist, but ok who knows :P
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

Khnud wrote:Not an LP, but the Stormchild single sold for £2152, which equals $3200.

This is just on ebay though. I'm sure private deals have yielded higher sums than that.
I'm sure (but can't reveal details) that another copy sold privately for 4500 GBP...and well, in fact the guy that won the ebay copy received offers for twice the price he payed (£2152) after the auction ended...
no hope, no fear
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

A nwobhm-collector from Belgium I met last year told me he'd happily trade his Stormchild copy for a copy of the "other" HOLOCAUST, or the "Birds of Prey" EP by NO QUARTER. I wonder how much they'd fetch if sold online.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

slayerhatesusall wrote:I believe Flames of hells fire and steel vinyl has gone for about 2000$ before. Militias the sybling lp has sold for 3000$.
I missed Flames of Hell at 123 Euro in the early 2000's...I'm still pissed off! Then the years later the record got known to everyone and the price ... is history!