POSTAL DELAYS

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:1 LP from France, shipped on the 4th of January? Got it on the 13th!
2 LPs from the US, shipped on the 6th of January? Got it yesterday!
1 LP from Germany's Iron Force records, that is supposed to be on its way since the 31st of December? Not yet!

Weird.
i feel envy my friend :P
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Perfectly understandable Mex! :)

On top of that, the "missing one" was one of my semi-major wants, the Novy Zavet debut, purchased at a decent price.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Well we're mainly talking (at least myself) about shipping before Christmas.

I've got 11 packets today but none from those shipped on 15th of December.

I've got one from Montreal within 6 days, wow! like the good old times... :D
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

today I've got one from France shipped to me on Dec 14th... Neither of the two which were shipped on Dec 9th has made it yet though :evil:
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

It's really a strange period for the post... Italian post are always slow, but last month was really a tragedy.
All packages sent (from Germany and UK) before Xmas (15-16th of december), I received after 12th january. The slowest arrived on january 17th (sent from Germany on dec 20th), same as a package sent from US in the same period and received the next day!

Actually I'm waiting a package from Germany sent on Jan 4th...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Still haven't received my record sent from the US on the 15th of December. Seller claims he's got another copy, and wants to send that one to me instead.

I'm reluctant, because the time limit to file a PayPal complaint expires on the 28th, and if I'm being scammed (i.e. he never sent me the record on the 15th, and doesn't intend to send it to me now either), I'll have no way of getting my money back, as I can't expect the replacement to arrive until after the 28th.

Any ideas?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Khnud wrote:Still haven't received my record sent from the US on the 15th of December. Seller claims he's got another copy, and wants to send that one to me instead.

I'm reluctant, because the time limit to file a PayPal complaint expires on the 28th, and if I'm being scammed (i.e. he never sent me the record on the 15th, and doesn't intend to send it to me now either), I'll have no way of getting my money back, as I can't expect the replacement to arrive until after the 28th.

Any ideas?
Open a dispute! You will have like 20 days to decide if you wish to escalate it to a claim or not. If you receive the replacement by the end of that time, just close the dispute and everyone is happy. If you haven't received the replacement, escalate the dispute to a claim and get your money back.

This is the way to handle this.

My two packages are still in limbo land, there goes my planned distro update with tons of hot items... :(
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

From_the_Fjords wrote:It's really a strange period for the post... Italian post are always slow, but last month was really a tragedy.
All packages sent (from Germany and UK) before Xmas (15-16th of december), I received after 12th january. The slowest arrived on january 17th (sent from Germany on dec 20th), same as a package sent from US in the same period and received the next day!

Actually I'm waiting a package from Germany sent on Jan 4th...
Same here, a single cd sent in 17 december (Germany) has arrived 17 january lol ! 1 month !

Months ago it would take like... 4-5 days to arrive :\
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
Khnud wrote:Still haven't received my record sent from the US on the 15th of December. Seller claims he's got another copy, and wants to send that one to me instead.

Any ideas?
Open a dispute! You will have like 20 days to decide if you wish to escalate it to a claim or not. If you receive the replacement by the end of that time, just close the dispute and everyone is happy. If you haven't received the replacement, escalate the dispute to a claim and get your money back.

This is the way to handle this.

My two packages are still in limbo land, there goes my planned distro update with tons of hot items... :(
I agree that this is the proper route to take.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Will do as you suggest. Thanks for your input!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Post offices work really slowly : a CD sent from Switzerland on January 4th only arrived in my mail box yesterday !
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Case has been opened, seller first claimed all packages sent on Dec. 15th had arrived except two sent to Sweden (mine's apparently one of them), and so argued that Swedish Post is to blame, not him. Now, on Friday he told me that the other Swede got his package on the 27th of January, and so wants me to wait another week for mine to arrive. Oh well...
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

it's not a lie. Many packets shipped on 15th of December has been fucked up. Had your item left USA from Chicago,IL 60688?
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Yuletide is not a good time to send/order packages...
Luckily, all the records I ordered this winter did arrive.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:it's not a lie. Many packets shipped on 15th of December has been fucked up. Had your item left USA from Chicago,IL 60688?
Nope, from Massachusetts, although they might have been affected as well. What happened on the 15th?