POSTAL DELAYS

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I didn't ask the seller's location, I just asked if you noticed using the #customs number if your item has left USA from Chicago,IL 60688. It doesn't matter if your seller was located in MA... Something also happened in Penna with a plane but I don't know if there is any confict because of that. All my packets which ended up leaving USA from Chicago,IL 60688 came here with big delay. I'm still waiting for a last one shipped on 15th of December...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:I didn't ask the seller's location, I just asked if you noticed using the #customs number if your item has left USA from Chicago,IL 60688. It doesn't matter if your seller was located in MA... Something also happened in Penna with a plane but I don't know if there is any confict because of that. All my packets which ended up leaving USA from Chicago,IL 60688 came here with big delay. I'm still waiting for a last one shipped on 15th of December...
Ah I see. I don't have a customs number. I'll ask the seller if he can provide it to me.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

For example, I've got this :

LC034972019US on 26th of January (43 days total) the longest EVER

& I'm still waiting for :

LC034966217US

not sure what the hell happened this year...

Another one shipped on 04/01/2011 from MN after 12 days went to Cincinnati (!) [15/01/2011] & it was arrived on 24/01/2011 here. So actually took more days within USA than to make it here.

Another one shipped on 3rd of January from NY & instead of the usual 5-6 days from there it came here on 26th of January. An idiot from NY has sent it to Belarus (!!!), someone has opened that there (!) put the stuff again inside, put also a stamp with Russian/Belarus' words & wrote a few other words & finally used a tape with Russian/Belarus' words to close it again... :!:
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

It is not only Chicago, all international postal hubs seem to be clustered - Chicago, San Francisco, Atlanta, New York, etc. Apparently there are some new "security measurements" USPS are regulating and both incoming and outgoing operations are clustered.

I've got packages sent to me in early December which still show inbound at customs when tracked...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

that means my Vengeance 7" sent on the 28th of this month via USPS from L.A. will take at least a month :(
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Strange thing is, I've received other stuff sent from the US after the 15th. All packages sent from the US in January have already arrived.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I'm still waiting for 1 sent on 15th Dec, 1 which says ENROUTE TO OSM WORLDWIDE DESTINATION RPF [12/30/2010], 1 shipped on 7th January (I've got one today shipped the same day), 1 shipped on 10th of January & all the others are after 18 Jan 2011. Alle Scheiße...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Khnud wrote:Strange thing is, I've received other stuff sent from the US after the 15th. All packages sent from the US in January have already arrived.
Some packages seems to get through fast, others get stuck. I hope this "security measurement" is temporary and will not result in receiving all my stuff open for inspection and then negligently stuffed back cracking cds and denting booklets...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

And drill holes through every vinyl to check if they're stuffed with cocaine...
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

I'm living in the fast east and I purchase my stuff mostly from the other side of the globe. Funny thing is I've never really encountered any case of postal delay in the last few years or so. Having said that, if a packge doesn't show up after 3 weeks from the day it shipped out from the seller, I know pretty well 99% it is a gone case. That is to say, all packages they either arrive "on time" or they just never show up... no "delays". :?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Khnud wrote:And drill holes through every vinyl to check if they're stuffed with cocaine...
Nope, they are more civilized, they only hold every LP over open flame to see if it will explode... :P
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:I'm still waiting for 1 sent on 15th Dec, 1 which says ENROUTE TO OSM WORLDWIDE DESTINATION RPF [12/30/2010], 1 shipped on 7th January (I've got one today shipped the same day), 1 shipped on 10th of January & all the others are after 18 Jan 2011. Alle Scheiße...
update :P I've got 12 packets today all the above included & some shipped after 18th January but still waiting for the one shipped on 15th Dec. :cry:
Lukcifer

Post by Lukcifer »

Is it me or is the French post fucked at the moment as well ?

I'm waiting for a parcel I sent to myself from Finland on the 10th of January and another one from Lithuania sent nearly 2 weeks ago.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

All ok with packets from Sweden and Brazil (sent on 27-1 and 24-1, very pleased and surprised with the Brazil one !), no sign for those from USA, NZ and Australia but it's only two weeks ... =)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

It seems that the waiting period for a package sent by Airmail from the US is now three weeks. Pretty sad considering that Canada shares the same border...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."