POSTAL DELAYS

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I have sent a CD via registered mail to the US more than a month ago, and when I check status here: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action it is described as "Origin Post is preparing shipment". Does anybody know what that means and if such delays are now normal with inbound US packages? Are the customs in the US so slow?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

It means USPS does not bother scanning packages anymore, unless Express/EMS. Although your local postal office (in Poland) should have scanned it in when submitted to them...

I also know for a fact that "registered" packages in US are not kept under lock and key anymore, but travel in the same bins with regular mail...

You wanna have your package trackable - ship Express mail, or better yet use UPS/DHL carriers.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The USPS is pure shit now. Standard Airmail takes over 3 weeks to arrive to me and I’m right next door in Canada. I know it's the USPS as well because even packages from Italy and the Czech Republic are arriving sooner when shipped later. Ridiculous.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

The USPS started crap again. I was waiting for a packet from AZ. It took 1 month and it was for 25 days in California... Same shit as the previous December/January. Oh God please help us...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Same for me, I'm still waiting for a parcel shipped from California a month ago ...