Recent Metal finds (2010 edition)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Never thought of Hetfield while listening to that demo. And I can't say that I haven't listened to it a lot. OK, maybe there are some metallica elements that I am not able to hear, but I am pretty sure that early metallica is not the main influence on that particular demo of Conquest.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

Lots of goodies from amazon ordered:
Mercyful fate- Time
Mercyful fate- Into the unknown
Mercyful fate- Dead again
Mercyful fate- 9
King Diamond- Abigail
King Diamond- Them
King Diamond- Conspiracy
King Diamond- The eye
Mystic Force- Take Command/Shipwrecked With The Wicked
Necrophagia- Season of the dead
Celtic frost- Morbid tales/emperors return

Off Gemm: Messiah force- The last day original cd
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
The Knell wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote: Also congratz to ze knell, for that CONQUEST demo, i don't think it's METALLICA worship though, it belongs more in the HEATHEN'S RAGE/STORMTROOPER-era imo.
Thanks
That was my first impression
The Azra Stormtrooper? I didnt heard that
Yes, another great band that got wasted at Azra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdJzzfUre2U

Should fit your taste, raw and energetic power metal...
I've heard few bands from the Azra label, but so far what I have heard is for the most part excellent.

Regarding Stormtrooper, I wish all of the tracks on that EP were of the same quality as that song... Great EP regardless though.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Knell wrote:Also there are supposed to be two versions, the one on metal archives is a second professional press, i got some sort of pre release barebone version with a simple b/w logo cover and handwritten tape

My ears need this one...
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

yeah i'm going to post some stuff on poisonoise after i got used to the ripping thing
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

oops
ok but i still have some demo stuff the corroseum folks might like
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Avenger wrote:
Regarding Stormtrooper, I wish all of the tracks on that EP were of the same quality as that song... Great EP regardless though.
Agreed, but only to the second statement! I pretty much worship this EP just the way it is, couldn't imagine much beeing improved here. Okay, the title track may be the best tune, but also "Search And Destroy" is a devestating classic for me, all i can ask of from a song is there.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Agreed, but only to the second statement! I pretty much worship this EP just the way it is, couldn't imagine much beeing improved here. Okay, the title track may be the best tune, but also "Search And Destroy" is a devestating classic for me, all i can ask of from a song is there.
"LIKE A STEAMROLLA"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Must have missed this.

Thanks!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

got CHILDZPLAY "First toy" for $8 last week in the town the band were from, Boise, Idaho. I remember seeing this in the shops in 1986 for $8 but I didn't have $8 then to buy it, I've been searching for a good deal for a copy and finally found it after 24 years...I would say it is a solid mini-lp hidden amongst an lp worth of material...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

doomedplanet wrote:got CHILDZPLAY "First toy" for $8 last week in the town the band were from, Boise, Idaho. I remember seeing this in the shops in 1986 for $8 but I didn't have $8 then to buy it, I've been searching for a good deal for a copy and finally found it after 24 years...I would say it is a solid mini-lp hidden amongst an lp worth of material...
how much is that nowdays, i mean if someone finds another copy???
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

doomedplanet wrote:got CHILDZPLAY "First toy" for $8 last week in the town the band were from, Boise, Idaho. I remember seeing this in the shops in 1986 for $8 but I didn't have $8 then to buy it, I've been searching for a good deal for a copy and finally found it after 24 years...I would say it is a solid mini-lp hidden amongst an lp worth of material...
Nice story, i like that :D
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Got my copy of Missio' - 1. today. Bought it from victoraudio.hu's eBay listing. Excellent store...
rooster

Post by rooster »

shit shit shit!! Mind Wars CD arrived, but the booklet and back cover are all covered with some greasy sort of perfume!! There isn't any single white point on it, all in greasy yellow! The CD was cheap (as for Mind Wars from RRD) because it has punch hole, but come on!:/