Bad Ebay Users - The Official Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

"DDWG"-NEVER! Mario...

Another GREEK "friend" with shill bidding par excellence..100% activity at this bidder and this at this big number of items haha...:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT
malegys

Post by malegys »

Traitor wrote:
malegys wrote:I once bought a can of Dolmas from my local Greek supermarket. Imagine my disappointment when i opened the can only to find a limited edition 3" Hell acetate instead of some delicious vineleaves in mint sauce!!! Never again.
Sorry but this doesn't make me laugh...
I do have good friends in Greece, honest collectors/traders, and this is the first time I experience such a big rip-off, incidentally with a Greek man.
If you were me I doubt you'd be so hilarous... :?
Trigger wrote:If you need any help considering the whereabouts in Crete just drop me a line.Which city is he from?
Thank you so much, I'll let you know with a p.m. (obviously if he wrote his real address on package...)
No, i'm not laughing at your misfortune at all.Infact i sympathize quite deeply & i hope that rip-off fuck gets his head smashed it. My comment was more aimed towards that Brazilian guys attitude.Although i have been known to use stereotyping too :oops:
"Do you like Wenom?"
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

Enforcer BR wrote:One day, my friend who traded over more than 25 years (now with more than 7000 LPs in his house !). Told me: -Trade or buy from greeks is very "complicate" ... so... some years past and I bought 4 cd´s in ebay from liegelord7 (greek - only sent me 3 cd´s) ... some time past and I bought from another greek on line shop several Cds ... sent all without sleepcases and one with the booklet with water damage ... Why I don´t listened my friend in the first time ... :(

THAT SELLER WAS ME.
GREG VARSAMIS FROM GREECE
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME YOUR NAME, WHEN YOU BUY THESE, AND WHICH WAS THE CD MISSING?
I CAN SEND IT NOW OR SEND YOU SOMETHING ELSE.

EXCEPT IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE BRAZILIANS WHO GET THEIR STUFF ,AND THEN CLAIM THEIR MONEY BACK, SAYING " I DIDN'T RECEIVE IT", KNOWING THAT PAYPAL WILL GIVE THEM BACK.
FOR THIS REASON, THESE PEOPLE NEVER PAY REGISTERED POSTAGE...
I HAD AN EXAMPLE LATELY......
SO PLEASE NEXT TIME YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT GREEKS, CONSIDER THAT YOU ARE BRAZILIAN.........
epic metal rules !
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

malegys wrote:
Traitor wrote:
malegys wrote:I once bought a can of Dolmas from my local Greek supermarket. Imagine my disappointment when i opened the can only to find a limited edition 3" Hell acetate instead of some delicious vineleaves in mint sauce!!! Never again.
Sorry but this doesn't make me laugh...
I do have good friends in Greece, honest collectors/traders, and this is the first time I experience such a big rip-off, incidentally with a Greek man.
If you were me I doubt you'd be so hilarous... :?
Trigger wrote:If you need any help considering the whereabouts in Crete just drop me a line.Which city is he from?
Thank you so much, I'll let you know with a p.m. (obviously if he wrote his real address on package...)
No, i'm not laughing at your misfortune at all.Infact i sympathize quite deeply & i hope that rip-off fuck gets his head smashed it. My comment was more aimed towards that Brazilian guys attitude.Although i have been known to use stereotyping too :oops:
Thanks for understanding :)
no hope, no fear
GJ

Post by GJ »

eatmetalgreg wrote:SO PLEASE NEXT TIME YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT GREEKS, CONSIDER THAT YOU ARE BRAZILIAN.........
Quote of the month! :lol: Do we need a thread where we can scream out our prejudices? Which in some cases seems disguised as common knowledge based on single/random personal experiences.

And I'm with you Greg. He started it.
*humming an old Tank classic*
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

This is the last email-exchange with George Perakis:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: destroyer6@hotmail.com
Subject: Lautrec
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:31:38 +0200

please post back. i'll keep it
thanx,
George

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: lynyrd-71@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Lautrec photos
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 07:48:37 +0100

I'm waiting to know how you will repair.
Please let me know.
Mario

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 19:51:40 +0200

hi Mario
i saw in your photos that the Lautrec arrived broken. i don't know what the fuck is wrong with the Italian post, but the record was posted on Monday, and arrived to you on Tuesday? it's too long man. it takes that much to get to the States.
and the record was original, as it's the same with the photos i sent! Also, it's not one sided like you said.
threatening me with "friends in Crete", or legal actions, don't mean shit to me. Start legal actions to your fucked-up post instead! it has broken records of mine too... tell me what you wish me to do. but i don't have another Lautrec! that was it
George

To: lynyrd-71@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:28:57 +0100

George, I need refund.
Let me know if you send the original Lutrec, money back or other stuff instead.
I don't want to start legal actions or what, I'm sure we can arrange a civil transaction, please keep in touch.
Thanks,
Mario
no hope, no fear
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

If you want to be extra sneaky, send it back to him insured, registered post. Then when it arrives broken, file a claim with the post office...

Only if he doesn't refund you!
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

This is the last email of that asshole!

Subject: Lautrec
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:31:35 +0200

hi
just because the Italian Post broke an 800 record, doesn't make it a fake. i've emailed photos of it first, and you agreed to this transaction.
nor does it make me responsible for this breakage-as it was well packaged. i've sent records to Japan with no problems! But i always have/had problems with Italy!
Sorry, i do not have any Lautrec any more, and if you want your money back, you should have filled a report with your postal authorities...
no hope, no fear
daniel

Post by daniel »

What a bastard :/
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

Yes, indeed...never trust him guys, hope this will help you to not experience the same :?
no hope, no fear
The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

For that sort of money I'd happily book a cheap flight and take two years in jail.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

The_Elite wrote:For that sort of money I'd happily book a cheap flight and take two years in jail.
+1

Traitor

Post by Traitor »

If anyone would like to, then he can keep the stolen amount...
no hope, no fear
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

This is the last email by the asshole (crazy!! he still pretends that fake is an original! ):

Subject: RE: Lautrec
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 15:57:30 +0200

sure. will the Italian Post get what they deserve too? the record left Greece intact... and i'm sure that if they hadn't broke it, you'd see (hear) it wasn't a fake. ASK THEM TO PAY
no hope, no fear
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

man,he will try to get away with it until the end, trying to be a white collar thief is no better than being out in the streets stealing wallets...how frustrating :?