Bad Ebay Users - The Official Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Crap, that's terrible! Hope you can get your money back :(

I'm pretty sure someone else around here has warned people about him before, as I already had 'leonard.skinner from greece' listed as an ebay seller to avoid. I don't remember what the specific complaint about him was.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

Well, I simply would like to have known this before :(
Anyway I'm spreading the word, and 'til now I've already found at least other 2 friends who would like to join and pay a visit to George in Crete...and we exactly know where he lives :evil:

Also: this "serious" eBay seller got a Marquis De Sade for sale at an extortionate price, and picture sleeve is again a fake xerox, but he doesn't tell...:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT
no hope, no fear
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Sorry to hear that Traitor, you should think about filling a lawsuit together with your friends if they also lost that much money. Take pictures of everything and send it to him. Very often the threat of a lawsuit or a letter from a lawyer can fix things quickly. Good luck!!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

That's a lot of money, my condolences!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Traitor wrote:Well, I simply would like to have known this before :(
Anyway I'm spreading the word, and 'til now I've already found at least other 2 friends who would like to join and pay a visit to George in Crete...and we exactly know where he lives :evil:

Also: this "serious" eBay seller got a Marquis De Sade for sale at an extortionate price, and picture sleeve is again a fake xerox, but he doesn't tell...:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT
Yeah, he lists some rare records but they're always priced high, and his descriptions are never very clear.

MODs: What about making a sticky thread called 'Avoid These sellers?" so there's an easy record to access for everyone? Lots of warnings are posted, but they are spread all over the aord and it's eas to miss or lose track of 'em. Mabe Avenger's Sticky thread about 1 bad seller could be re-worked into such a list?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

Khnud wrote:That's a lot of money, my condolences!
yeah, one working month salary here! goddamn :evil:
no hope, no fear
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

nightsblood wrote: MODs: What about making a sticky thread called 'Avoid These sellers?" so there's an easy record to access for everyone? Lots of warnings are posted, but they are spread all over the aord and it's eas to miss or lose track of 'em. Mabe Avenger's Sticky thread about 1 bad seller could be re-worked into such a list?
Yeah maybe we can edit the title of the one that's already sticky so that it would refer to any bad seller.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

It is totally different thing. You can see also the sign under "drums", it's clearly not the same, but also the rest is obviously fake.
What a fuckin thief, people like this should go in autocombustion in 5 seconds :evil:
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

If you need any help considering the whereabouts in Crete just drop me a line.Which city is he from?
Never trust the Goblin King....
Enforcer BR

Post by Enforcer BR »

One day, my friend who traded over more than 25 years (now with more than 7000 LPs in his house !). Told me: -Trade or buy from greeks is very "complicate" ... so... some years past and I bought 4 cd´s in ebay from liegelord7 (greek - only sent me 3 cd´s) ... some time past and I bought from another greek on line shop several Cds ... sent all without sleepcases and one with the booklet with water damage ... Why I don´t listened my friend in the first time ... :(
malegys

Post by malegys »

I once bought a can of Dolmas from my local Greek supermarket. Imagine my disappointment when i opened the can only to find a limited edition 3" Hell acetate instead of some delicious vineleaves in mint sauce!!! Never again.
"Do you like Wenom?"
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

malegys wrote:I once bought a can of Dolmas from my local Greek supermarket. Imagine my disappointment when i opened the can only to find a limited edition 3" Hell acetate instead of some delicious vineleaves in mint sauce!!! Never again.
:lol:

[edit] not to be misunderstood, what happened sucks, Traitor, really feel sorry about that.. but the stereotypes expressed before really lead nowhere.. :roll:
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

malegys wrote:I once bought a can of Dolmas from my local Greek supermarket. Imagine my disappointment when i opened the can only to find a limited edition 3" Hell acetate instead of some delicious vineleaves in mint sauce!!! Never again.
Sorry but this doesn't make me laugh...
I do have good friends in Greece, honest collectors/traders, and this is the first time I experience such a big rip-off, incidentally with a Greek man.
If you were me I doubt you'd be so hilarous... :?
Trigger wrote:If you need any help considering the whereabouts in Crete just drop me a line.Which city is he from?
Thank you so much, I'll let you know with a p.m. (obviously if he wrote his real address on package...)
no hope, no fear
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Are you gonna rob his house and get stuff worth of 900$ or get the cops involved? If I were you I would be fucking pissed off too. :evil:
only the heaviest weather available
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

CloudsOfMetal wrote:Are you gonna rob his house and get stuff worth of 900$ or get the cops involved? If I were you I would be fucking pissed off too. :evil:
900 EUROS, which is about 1,200$ to be right!

I give him a few days to keep in touch and repair, if not the 2nd step is a legal action, otherwise everything else...
no hope, no fear