Most difficult band to collect?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Korgüll

Most difficult band to collect?

Post by Korgüll »

I thought about this after DMR's post in 'Into Battle' about Sabbat (Japan) & which are best to get etc...
Then after looking at their exhaustive discography on M-A, I would have to say they could possibly be one of the hardest bands to collect!?
Mostly due to rarity, price & large discography??

The other band that instantly comes to mind would be of course Iron Maiden..

So due to either rarity or price or expansive back catalogue & numerous pressings are there any other suggestions...?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Venom, mostly due to their tendency to release every little piece of vinyl in a number of colours, some rarer than hens' teeth.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

http://www.imgbox.de/?img=t41536s248.jpg
http://www.imgbox.de/?img=c53563n38.jpg

(thanks to Tom from Slayer Bootlegs for ruining my life with these pictures)
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Ofcourse it all depends on how detailed you want to collect. If you want EVERY version of EVERY release all down to testpressings etc.

Sabbat ís extremely difficult because of the very limited versions, but on the other hand a band like Maiden is difficult because of the amount of variations. I have about 700 different Maiden releases, and I am no where NEAR the real big collections.

But the cool thing about collecting Maiden, is that it's always pretty easy to find stuff you miss haha
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Obviously any large band - if you want to catch 'em all (all pressings).

like ...
www.sabbath.se
www.metallipromo.com

But just one of each, not counting test pressings and other variations that weren't available to the public, getting all Nunslaughter 7"s seem to be a heavy task as well?
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

i also have wet dreams after seeing this

http://www.manowar-gallery.com
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

SABBAT (Jap).
A very FETISHIST band, eh? :lol:
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

What are you talking about????

Iron Maiden of course is the most difficult band to collect with more than 5000 itams!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

How accurate is that Maiden number? What are the approx. numbers of different items / pressings for other bigger bands?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

What about MOTORHEAD ? Their discography is a mess with all those "best of" released by their old labels and their countless contributions to samplers.
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Some bands have huge discographys and getting them all is a bitch, but some bands only have a few releases but getting them is impossible. How many people do you know that have all 3 CHEMIKILL (Maryland) demo tapes? I have one, and Ive looked for the other 2 with little luck. This was a hard collection to finish despite being only 3 peices...

Khnud

Post by Khnud »

If that's an original LEGEND, you should thank the Gods your ex didn't nick that album instead of the others.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

sovdat wrote:How accurate is that Maiden number?
'

It depends on how you calculate. If you only count audio and video releases (no merchandise etc), and only official releases, then the biggest collections I know of is around the 2500 mark, but they are nowhere complete if you count EVERY variation, testpressing, promo etc.
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Khnud wrote:If that's an original LEGEND, you should thank the Gods your ex didn't nick that album instead of the others.
Yeah it is. With insert too. If she copped this or my Purgatory test-pressing I woulda broke down her fucking door!! Hahaha...
mordred

Post by mordred »

snaps666 wrote:
sovdat wrote:How accurate is that Maiden number?
'

It depends on how you calculate. If you only count audio and video releases (no merchandise etc), and only official releases, then the biggest collections I know of is around the 2500 mark, but they are nowhere complete if you count EVERY variation, testpressing, promo etc.
I guess it is quite impossible to amass a complete Iron Maiden collection when there is maybe 20 copies of a test pressing and hundreds of die hard collectors.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D