Rarest LP/EP/CD from: ex-Yugoslavia?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sovdat

Rarest LP/EP/CD from: ex-Yugoslavia?

Post by sovdat »

I've been thinking we should have a series of threads about this from various countries in the world, and since Sovdat brought it up in another topic, let's start with ex-Yugoslavia. Feel free to start similar threads about any country you want, but maybe we could wait w/ the US since it's A) almost impossible to say and B) being discussed in several old threads.
/DaN

What is the most valuable (metal) record from ex-Yugoslavia (not the rarest!)?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

sovdat wrote:What is the most valuable (metal) record from ex-Yugoslavia (not the rarest!)?
Probably Dr. Steel - Čekam Na Noč or Heller ... :wink:
I am ... the One you warned me of
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Noisenik wrote:
sovdat wrote:What is the most valuable (metal) record from ex-Yugoslavia (not the rarest!)?
Probably Dr. Steel - Čekam Na Noč or Heller ... :wink:
no Heller not so , it's rare yes but not the rarest
Dr.Steel could be true
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
peterott

Post by peterott »

Or maybe Rapid Force LP, with some halfway decent Metallica-styled stuff.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

peterott wrote:Or maybe Rapid Force LP, with some halfway decent Metallica-styled stuff.
I completely forgot about this band. That should be the rarest, but I don't think it's valuable the way Boštjan suggested. Or maybe it's just the right one, as I remember them to have Exodus influence as well.
I am ... the One you warned me of
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Noisenik wrote:
peterott wrote:Or maybe Rapid Force LP, with some halfway decent Metallica-styled stuff.
I completely forgot about this band. That should be the rarest, but I don't think it's valuable the way Boštjan suggested. Or maybe it's just the right one, as I remember them to have Exodus influence as well.
I meant - the most valuable = the most expensive. So maybe that one indeed, but what's the real price for it? That Yugo seller "hardmetal" has one copy for sale for months, but the price is $700 :D
If I'm not mistaken RF and 2nd Annathema were the rarest - 120 copies each?
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

what about Kain MLP, some collectors even don't know that it exist?
it is printed in 100-120 copies too, as i have heard from close source.

roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I am quite sure Dr Steel and Heller are the most expensive records, because they already showed up a few times and constantly kept the price quite high. Heller in most times goes for around 100$ and Dr Steel even more.
Annathema, Rapid Force and Kain are the rarest albums, but I don`t think that the interest in those early 90s Thrash records is too high. A couple of years ago Annathema and RF started at 1$ and they went for around 100$-120$ (while $ and € were nearly 1:1). I saw the 2nd Annathema two more times, once it went for 50$, while on German Ebay it went for 20€ (this might be due to the fact that mostly only German people use this site)...Maybe the price would be higher these days, I don`t know, but the 700$ is ridiculous....I never saw the Kain LP on Ebay....
There are two more rare 7"s:
Atlantida "Sudbina" - 100 copies
Epidemic Zone "s/t" - 200 copies
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

roihlem wrote:Annathema, Rapid Force and Kain are the rarest albums, but I don`t think that the interest in those early 90s Thrash records is too high.
That's been my impression too. The music is just a wee bit too off-topic for most trad-Metal collectors. DR. STEEL would be my bet as the priciest of the old Yugo-platters.

HELLER should be pretty rare/expensive too, since the music is exactly the kind of raw, dark & evil Thrash that so many people are on the hunt for. BUT: I see HELLER offered every now & then, while the BOMBARDER lp never seem to turn up anymore. Anyone else done any "Bez Milosti"-spotting recently?
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Yes, but you seem to have made Heller quite known with your review, so many people want it :wink: I haven`t checked the last auctions, but I am quite sure the price fetched up quite high...
I don`t know why the Bombarder LP shows up so rare. I cannot imagine that Heller was pressed in more copies than the Bombarder LP, because Ghost House was a very small record label...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I've seen that Heller often quite often too, and the price was mainly $50 - $100.
Bombarder is a different story yes, maybe less copies survived the war?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

How about the CDs? I can't remember anything that was released before the 1993, 1st Anesthesia came out that year, In A Spleen / Obscurity split as well, Pomaranča, ...

2nd Turbo CD might be the rarest from Slovenia, at least dozens of local HM "collectors" are looking for it but can't find it at all ... I've only had one copy and I traded that one for original Deathblow CD :D
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

sovdat wrote:I've seen that Heller often quite often too, and the price was mainly $50 - $100.
Bombarder is a different story yes, maybe less copies survived the war?
This may be also true since Bombarder was a Bosnian band and probably the most fans also came from Bosnia and that country was quite devastated....
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

sovdat wrote:How about the CDs? I can't remember anything that was released before the 1993, 1st Anesthesia came out that year, In A Spleen / Obscurity split as well, Pomaranča, ...

2nd Turbo CD might be the rarest from Slovenia, at least dozens of local HM "collectors" are looking for it but can't find it at all ... I've only had one copy and I traded that one for original Deathblow CD :D
I don`t know about CDs before 93, a year later there were a few Hard Rock albums....
What is the name of the 2nd Turbo album?
Last edited by roihlem on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »