Utrecht Mega Record Fair - who's been there?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Coming up next weekend I've been told. Of course I have no means to visit it this year either, but I'd really like to hear some reports from members of the the European haschis/nazi/pedo-belt.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

DaN wrote:European haschis/nazi/pedo-belt.
????
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
DaN wrote:European haschis/nazi/pedo-belt.
????
Just some friendly, drunken/tasteless/tactless Euro-bantering. Meaning, those of you within a 8-hour-or-so drive will not miss out, right?
malegys

Post by malegys »

DaN wrote:Coming up next weekend I've been told. Of course I have no means to visit it this year either, but I'd really like to hear some reports from members of the the European haschis/nazi/pedo-belt.
With your small boyish frame & looks & being a Scandinavian,Dan...I'm sure you'd be a sure hit in the Low Countries :-D
"Do you like Wenom?"
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I have been there. It really is a nice fair, but don't expect any bargains. You will find lots and lots of rarities, though.

I guess, for a trading man, like you Dan, it's really worthwhile to go.

For those interested; Utrecht has a 'special' red light district, where the working girls are on boats on the local river :)
malegys

Post by malegys »

Iwonder how many will go there to show the girls their 12 inches!
"Do you like Wenom?"
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

It is a great record fair but i've heard that it is getting more and more expensive year by year. Last time i visited it was 2004 (or 2005 i don't remember). My first time was 1997. Back then it was just amazing!
I hope that in the future i will have the oportunity to go there again.
malegys

Post by malegys »

I've been hearing from Dealers that the metal 7"s (mainly NWOBHM ones) are nearly impossible to sell now. The only 7"s that do sell well & are frequently asked for, are the thrash/death metal ones 1987-1991.

LP's are still going strong though,although they are getting slightly cheaper at fairs, again except the late 80s thrash/death ones.
"Do you like Wenom?"
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

malegys wrote:I've been hearing from Dealers that the metal 7"s (mainly NWOBHM ones) are nearly impossible to sell now. The only 7"s that do sell well & are frequently asked for, are the thrash/death metal ones 1987-1991
Swedish 80's Metal 7"s gets more & more expensive and harder to find in Sweden for every year this last decade, but maybe that's just a local phenomenon?
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

DaN wrote:
malegys wrote:I've been hearing from Dealers that the metal 7"s (mainly NWOBHM ones) are nearly impossible to sell now. The only 7"s that do sell well & are frequently asked for, are the thrash/death metal ones 1987-1991
Swedish 80's Metal 7"s gets more & more expensive and harder to find in Sweden for every year this last decade, but maybe that's just a local phenomenon?
The private metal 7"s are becoming rarer and more expensive.
Last years Ebay auctions can prove that.

As for NWOBHM 7"S, the really metal ones still sell high, the problem is that many NWOBHM rarities are not even metal, many are just pop-rock or plain hard rock. Those are the ones that sellers can't sell anymore.
malegys

Post by malegys »

^^^^^Good point concerning the "harder" metal items still selling well.
"Do you like Wenom?"
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

For those who want to go by train: it's impossible to go by train now due to fire at the railway station and probaply impossible to travel by train to Utrecht the whole weekend. I try to go by car but normally that's extremely difficult and can take a whole day (12 hours to reach) due to expected inhuman traffic jams. The big halls at the "Jaarbeurs" where the fair will start tomorrow are now populated by people who cannot travel to their homes, so I don't know IF there will be a recordfair. I was looking forward to this for months and now again some diabolical force is ruin the damn thing (volcanos, fires etc).
Long Live The Loud !!!
Hans

Post by Hans »

its pretty average t.b.h.
The one at KIT is better.
but.. you can find cheap great stuff @ jaarbeurs, not at KIT.
but if your foreign, I guess its not really worth it.