Unknown 80s metal demo band: take a listen

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
doomedplanet

Unknown 80s metal demo band: take a listen

Post by doomedplanet »

Found a tape yesterday while out digging, cannot find any information anywhere, thought I would upload a track with no expectations or hype and hear what peoples opinion is, hell maybe someone will even like it...

http://www.divshare.com/download/7128591-667
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

It's not bad. I downloaded the song and if you have any other songs/info about them please post it.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

At the end when a lot of folks have a listen and left comments, I'll post more info. But not if all I get is a "Its not bad" comment, was hoping for just a little more than that...those comments take all the interest out of the discovery to me.
Sacrilegio wrote:It's not bad. I downloaded the song and if you have any other songs/info about them please post it.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

cool vox,guitar's a bit too generic just my opinion
but a cool song nonetheless
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Damn, sounds awfully familiar, almost on the tip of my tongue, argh! Please give more hints.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Man this is really good. Pretty impressive guitar work if you ask me, sure many bands had a similar sound but these guys make it work definitely, and man those vocals are great. Everything meshes well, very balanced. Production is pretty damn good for a demo like this. I like!
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

doomedplanet wrote:At the end when a lot of folks have a listen and left comments, I'll post more info. But not if all I get is a "Its not bad" comment, was hoping for just a little more than that...those comments take all the interest out of the discovery to me.
Sacrilegio wrote:It's not bad. I downloaded the song and if you have any other songs/info about them please post it.
True, but I personally find it hard to judge a song on only one or two listens. There are only a few songs that I have immediately loved.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Great! Love it!
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Good song! The beginning is a little slow but it really takes off once the vocals kick in. Good vocal performance and I like the rather forceful nature of the song; on first impression it has the same kind of heavy, aggressive feel of bands like Tyrant and War Cry (maybe not as heavy but the vibe is similar). If the rest of the tape is this good then you made a really great find- congrats! Look forward to hearing the details about the band/tape, and thanks for sharing
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

generic but good

sounds very west coast, mid/late 80s judging on the production

the drummer is the weak link in the band

the ending is the weak link in this song

the main riff is a real grinder
tomas

Post by tomas »

Nice guitar tone. I like the doomy pace of the beginning, makes it sound like a metallic version of T Rex. The heavy metal part RULES!
But does it slay witches?
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

This is a good find. Nothing really unique sounding, but it's very good 80's Heavy Metal that is worthy of adding to the collection.
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

If you wrote the song out on paper it wouldn't look that unique, nor is there a way in words to make it sound unique...but it doesn't sound like any other band that I've heard...I would definitely be surprised if it were a lost demo by and already known band...with three listens in I would say that it's a grower..raw, old school heavy metal with a bit of a nasty egde and some great vocals...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Thanks for the comments guys, just what I was hoping for, though I though maybe hload, sir.ungol, Peter, etc, etc might make a comment.

This is kind of a little experiment. Do you like hearing something completely obscure and unknown and have a little mystery? Or is knowing it now, knowing it all only what satisfies you? I'm thinking of running a little contest but not sure if there would be enough involvement in it to justify the hassle.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Rob, sorry for seeing this topic late but I am abit outta order and stressed. Yes, it sounds great, made for me and my taste and it sounds familiar but I don't get it. Maybe cause it is not familiar and most rare 80's stuff sounds the same so I think I know it...

If I am not familiar with it I am looking forward to the riddle's solution. WIll sleep about it and get back tomorrow