Editions of hard to find metal albums

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Levi

Post by Levi »

pentagramophone wrote:
Metalipeiklo wrote:
sovdat wrote:Hey people, why don't you use www.musik-sammler.de ? it's a killer resource!
Not that bad when it comes to general release info. But when it comes to these edition numbers of some records... well, I guess noone knows. Thanks for the MF info!
Yeah, surely doesn't seem like the most relaible source. There are definitely three official pressings of the "Nuns have no fun" from the '80s on Rave-on and they only mention two. There's an easy way to differ the second and third pressing too even though they both have black borders. There was small text added on the bottom half of the back cover for the third pressing (ditributor name or something). Can't remember what it was exactly as I only have the first pressing.
That would be "Distributed by Bertus Holland" in the down left corner of the record.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Another version of Nuns 12'' was just added - gold vinyl ...

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/83018
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

Levi wrote:
pentagramophone wrote: Yeah, surely doesn't seem like the most relaible source. There are definitely three official pressings of the "Nuns have no fun" from the '80s on Rave-on and they only mention two. There's an easy way to differ the second and third pressing too even though they both have black borders. There was small text added on the bottom half of the back cover for the third pressing (ditributor name or something). Can't remember what it was exactly as I only have the first pressing.
That would be "Distributed by Bertus Holland" in the down left corner of the record.
That's it, thanks. The third pressing has this text, the second one doesn't.

And the color vinyl boots are all originating from Sweden if I'm not mistaken. At least the first bunch that came in half a dozen different colours half a decade ago.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

ROOT "The temple..." and "Hell Symphony" LP's were sold for the respectable price of 305 USD each last week. Damn incredible. Judging from pictures of those records there are some band photos plus lyrics that the CD versions are missing.
Fun records