Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I see any harm in selling that Jag Panzer bootleg. It's over 20 years old, has different cover art, it's not a widespread identical boot made to deceive people into thinking it's something that it's not. It's collectible in the same sense that Reborn Classics, etc, releases are.

Plus, Ample Destruction is not in print. The "No Posers" or whatever version is supposed to be a bootleg as well, I take a lot more issue with that because it's recent.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Is there a legit/good cd release of this album ?! :?

Azra Records version is a boot too right ?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Yes, the 1990 Metalcore and 1991 Metal Blade pressings are official. I've never seen the Azra version you speak of, but I'm pretty sure they never officially released it on CD.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

I have the Metalcore version of the album and i am 100% sure that one is official. The bonus tracks have different audio quality among them but are still more than listenable on that edition. The packaging and booklet is VERY bare bones though.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
sovdat wrote:But what kind of bootleg is it? As far as I know it's been available in regular stores here in Europe, perhaps it was meant to be official but the label ripped the band off and didn't pay 'em anything?
I have my doubts about this being a bootleg too and have discussed this many times before. Barricade was a legit label. I think this is just a case where the band didn't feel like they got a fair deal in the end so they slam the release as a bootleg. Who really knows though?
I had that version for awhile and I can confirm that it looks like any other release from that time. Even if it's a boot it was made by a proffesional label at a proffesional plant.

I also had the Metalcore versio and the quality was similar. I left myself the Metal Blade version which for some reason i deem to be the most prestigious :)
Last edited by Heathen on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Zdan wrote:Does anybody know of any recent Pyracanda bootlegs? Especially "Two Sides Of A Coin"? I have encountered this album fairly cheap so I am wondering if any bootlegs surfaced?
yep, I recently saw pyracanda boots sold on eBay by the usual suspects. Maybe finished listings search will help.

Also, a while back, a guy from the States was selling Two Sides Of A Coin boots one by one, getting top dollars for them at first.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Anyone aware of a bootleg version (CD) of Inner Sanctum-12 A.M. ? I got one copy of the album few months ago, from a used records store (so it can't be too recent). Metal Treasures doesn't mention any, but the sound quality is too low. Does anyone have the original LP or a proven original CD to share his experience with the sound? The latter could help with a matrix number, too.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Probably not a bootleg, that Inner Sanctum CD just sounds like crap.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Warepire

Post by Warepire »

There are no Inner Sanctum CD bootlegs to my knowledge, the legit CD is really poorly made.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Ok guys, thanks. :) Then I have to live with it.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Avenger wrote:
Priamos wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAG-PANZER-AMPL ... 256abc2288

Someone must inform this seller (or at least his potential customers) that the Barricade version of "Ample Destruction" is a bootleg:

http://www.jagpanzer.com/?page_id=60
The time it took you to post this you could have told him yourself.

Either way, I've given up telling sellers that their listings aren't accurate because they either ignore you and don't change it, start an argument with you and don't change it or say they will change it and never do.

It's a lost cause.
Lost fight against stupidity? Impossible!! :lol:
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0961054690

ORIGINAL PRESS 1988 Axis / NOT BOOTLEG

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Unreal :roll:
Warepire

Post by Warepire »