Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Well, it's clearly stated it's not the original :)
Previous auction was killed by eBay btw (somebody reported it, probably).
Last edited by Helstar on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

http://cgi.ebay.com/VICIOUS-RUMORS-Sold ... 3cbad1b260

He probabily came to the inevitable conclusion that mentioning the ugly word "bootleg" in the listings had a negative impact on the price, so why not just skip it!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:
Well, it's clearly stated it's not the original :)
Previous auction was killed by eBay btw (somebody reported it, probably).
So what is this?

Recent bootleg?

This one is new to me.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/VICIOUS-RUMORS-Sold ... 3cbad1b260

He probabily came to the inevitable conclusion that mentioning the ugly word "bootleg" in the listings had a negative impact on the price, so why not just skip it!
That guy was selling some decent legit stuff in the past.

I don't know what's up with all of these bootlegs now...
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote: So what is this?
Recent bootleg?
This one is new to me.
It's a CDR. I have it since 9-10 years or so. Should have been the original, but it's a long story :?
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

A post not really following the trail of thoughts, but... damn, if you guys would see the amount of bootleg CD's here in Peru/Bolivia, you'd go insane! There are maybe 5% of the CD's that are original. Entire stores live on selling bootleg metal CD's, with shitty mp3 sound quality. But there are still good underground labels and a few stores that only sell originals... Anyway, the reality here is truly a shocker for me.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Satannick wrote:A post not really following the trail of thoughts, but... damn, if you guys would see the amount of bootleg CD's here in Peru/Bolivia, you'd go insane! There are maybe 5% of the CD's that are original. Entire stores live on selling bootleg metal CD's, with shitty mp3 sound quality. But there are still good underground labels and a few stores that only sell originals... Anyway, the reality here is truly a shocker for me.
Haha, I guess this is how some "sellers" stay in business.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

>>selling bootleg metal CD's, with shitty mp3 sound quality

What do you mean? Are they home made CDR or silver printed unauthorized editions? If they're just home made CDR, well I guess the situation is similar to Nepal where almost 90%of CD's are just home made mp3 compilations with shitty printed paper cover

4-5 years ago there was a boom in Peru of punk/hc bootlegs...they were silver printed CD but, of course, bootleg. I think almost 30-40 CD came out in less than 2 years....then nothing else.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

By the way...if you're in Peru/Bolivia, I was looking for this CD:

-TRACK (Bolivia): Atravesando el tiempo MCD

If you're still there, please can you have a look?
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Okay, I'm a bit confused.

Is the GOTHAM CITY "Legend of..." CD a bootleg or is it not???
The Stormspell Rec. guy listed it as a bootleg, but someone else called it "legit".

What is the final solution in this case?
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

100% bootleg
epic metal rules !
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

jnfernal wrote:>>selling bootleg metal CD's, with shitty mp3 sound quality

What do you mean? Are they home made CDR or silver printed unauthorized editions? If they're just home made CDR, well I guess the situation is similar to Nepal where almost 90%of CD's are just home made mp3 compilations with shitty printed paper cover

4-5 years ago there was a boom in Peru of punk/hc bootlegs...they were silver printed CD but, of course, bootleg. I think almost 30-40 CD came out in less than 2 years....then nothing else.
The same thing as in Nepal I guess, CDR's with shitty printed paper cover! Today I walked inside one of these stores and saw the guy cutting up the covers in front of everyone. Really weird! There are also some Peruvian bootlegs (silver printed) of a few rarer things, like more recently a NECROBUTCHER (Brazil) CD. By the way, we'll be traveling to Nepal, I'd be super cool to meet another metalhead there if you are interested
jnfernal wrote:By the way...if you're in Peru/Bolivia, I was looking for this CD:

-TRACK (Bolivia): Atravesando el tiempo MCD

If you're still there, please can you have a look?
I'll look for it - I'm in Lima right now though, I doubt I'm going to find anything, but I'll do my best!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:legit????????? http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMELIGHT-Ashes-Ash ... 1c1b433a31
Yes, the items he sells are legit but grossly over priced.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yakish wrote:
heavymetalmaniac wrote:I have noticed a few CD's, which are quite rare nowadays are meanwhile floating the market again, some Mausoleum Classix like Steelover/ Ace Lane/ Atlain/ Beast etc. which seem to be available again - at least some sellers have them in their lists for prices of around EUR 19,99. I have also seen Brainfever - Capture The Night, which was listed on Ebay some more times through the same seller. So what is this? Bootlegs or did someone find an overstock in some cellar? Regarding Brainfever: I am not taliing about the Sonic Age reissue which sounds VERY bad. I would be interested in an original Mausoleum Classix CD of this album but the situation seems to be quite unclear.
It's sad that you can't relly be sure nowadays what to get. But maybe someone here can clear the whole thing up a bit.

HMM.
Thanks! I am also need info about Mausoleum Classix very much! I've seen a few times information about Mausoleum Classix bootlegs on this forum, but still have no confirmation/refutation of this. I would be very appreciate if someone can help with it! Comparison with scans would be great!
I had one of these bootlegs come my way that was thrown in as a gift with a transaction that I did. It was the Syar - "Death Before Dishonour" album. I believe that I posted about it on these boards at the time and pointed out a seller on ebay that was circulating them. I threw the CD in the garbage after confirming that it was a bootleg so I can't do any scans for you but take my word for it. The matrix was identical but you can tell by the position. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find the post.