Current economic crisis affecting your Metal buying habit?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
mega_lodon

Current economic crisis affecting your Metal buying habit?

Post by mega_lodon »

I came across this topic on NWN forum so I thought maybe we could discuss it here too. Is the current economic crisis affecting your Metal buying habit? I’ve stopped spending money on Metal for more than 2 weeks now. My company is now cutting manpower to save cost so I might lose my job any time now. The situation is really bad…. :x

What about you folks? I guess we will see lesser “insane eBay sales” from now onwards? :?
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Yeah, I've been made redundant and lose my job in December they're moving my company to Manila. They say it's not to do with the current economic problems but somehow I feel it's somewhat related. Anyway I guess it will effect my buying habits for a while, no problem really as long as I can get by. My main problem is now 210 people from my city are unemployed so it may be hard getting a new job, we'll see.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

What economic crisis?

I don't live in the US...

Things are fine here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I don't live in the US either I'm from Australia, I think you'll find it effects everywhere a bit.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Yup, definitely has put a damper on my collecting. The cost of EVERYTHING is going up, so I can afford less and less CDs. I have to pick and choose what I buy carefully. The amounts I'm willing to pay for certain discs is no longer feasible. I have to hope I hit things for cheap, or just do without.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Avenger wrote:What economic crisis?

Things are fine here.
Well I should say it's still a financial crisis at this stage. Anyway I certainly hope the impact on us here is minimal.

I remember the last economic downturn in 2000 I had quitted Metal for a few years...:( (though there were also other reasons I quitted Metal at that time)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Avenger wrote:What economic crisis?

Things are fine here.
Same here. However as I mainly buy stuff on ebay in $$$, I can't afford that many as I used before, since the the value has risen a lot (for example two months ago it was 1 eur = cca. 1.55 usd, now it's 1.35), and it's going up and up. Well, I said to myself that it's over with CDs til the nice hi-fi is here anyway (but I still go after some here and there :D )
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

Rough times ahead
Last edited by Sacrilegio on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
nabel

Post by nabel »

First I try to pay all my debts away and after that think about records. Luckily I have a steady job and quite low rent so this should not cause a problem for me. Maybe I don't buy so much expensive stuff, just cheap classics/bargains to fill the holes in my collection.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Well, here's to A Buyer's Market! :D *raises pint*
msp

Post by msp »

I guess I am quite lucky in that I bought my house in 1998 when prices were at a low point here in the UK and me and the good lady were able to pay off the mortgage fully last year. This means we own the house outright, so we don't have to worry about rent etc. We only have to pay for water, electricity food etc.

We both work and earn a decent crust so generally do not have money worries. We want to move to a bigger house next year so I will have to cut back on the metal spend and save cash etc.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I work within the public sector, so I'm not that worried about losing my job.

On the other hand, one dollar is now worth over 7 Swedish crowns compared to less than 6 a few months ago, so prices on e.g. ebay have gone up. This has affected my spending somewhat.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Atleast there's no rich yankee kids with their dads credit cards in Ebay!
anthares

Post by anthares »

Well, I dont think it effect my consumption now. Actually last night spend more in eBay than long time. :? And I realized that $ is not so cheap as it was some time ago.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote:Well, here's to A Buyer's Market! :D *raises pint*
Cheers, DaN! *raises chalice with his beloved mixture*
I am ... the One you warned me of