Anyone Familiar with this dealer?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Helm

Post by Helm »

I am a Greek, living in Greece. I never said I was American.

Avenger, honestly I don't really understand what you're objecting to because I wasn't justifying what is going on, I was explaining it as best I can. What are you trying to do?

MassofKthulhu: I attribute Greek arrogance to the constant parroting of how 'we were the creators of civilization!!!!!!' and so on, really. I am sure for example, Egyptians are probably also as arrogant on the whole.

GJ: no I was not being ironic. This situation is a sad one, but I am not denouncing my own ethnicity (by far the opposite, actually) or anything over it. You definitely can be a decent human being in adverse environments. A lot of people I know are very decent and perfect gentlemen in their dealings.

Also for what it's worth, to reply to the topic: Greg has been dependable from my experience.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Helm wrote:I am a Greek, living in Greece. I never said I was American
Sorry... for some reason, this whole time, I thought you were Greek living in the US?? My apologies...
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Helm, I'd like to reply to you bout that"parroting" thing you said as far the"creators of civilization" are concerned, but I won't do it...not here...but know you're fuckin wrong....
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Helm

Post by Helm »

Um, I didn't mean to suggest that ancient Greece wasn't extremely influential in the arts, philosophy, ontology, the sciences and so on. I meant that Greek people today parrot that fact too much and to mean an altogether different thing. Most of them also without a real clue about what ancient Greek thought really amounted to and what strands of its influence still survive in modern times. Simply put: Ancient Greece was indeed one of the few documented "cradles of civilization" as they call them. That is fact. But people say it as in to infer "...and so we are better than everybody else today!" This is chauvinism. A statement of fact turned into just a racist banner. This is how Greece has come to defame itself, a lack of seriousness in all levels. The political, the philosophical, the social.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Are we clear on the subject of Greg yet? I'm starting to think this thread needs a Image attached to it.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Helm, sorry to say it, but from your post one can see lack of important knowledge...well, I don't know if the other users here will tolerate this, so I won't continue it, but know that the Ancient Sources never lie, and when the others were eating their fathers, Strabo was speaking bout the distance between the Moon and the Earth, and this is JUST one example here, know that the Ancient Cretans made the first form of writing, and NOT the Phoenicians, know bout the space journeys of the Ancient Greeks into other planets, with strange, primitive spaceships, know bout the heating system in Ancient Cnossus, know bout the myth of the Indo-Europeans, and know bout the ancient Pelasgians, and those are some examples, just a little "picture"....ARROGANCE??RACISM?? HUH! :roll:

PS: Dan lock it if u want, no prob, but I felt the urge to answer, I couldn't help it, sry...
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Helm

Post by Helm »

...and it seems BlackStele is an example of modern Greek that has bought into these ludicrous ego-stroking fairy tales about Greeks with spaceships that idiot book peddlers preach on about in our television. As if it's not estimable enough to get Socrates, Eschilos and Homer in your culture, no, we need to take trips into other planets with 'strange, primitive spaceships' from beyond time. Not only to be an ancient civilization, but to be TEH MOST ANCIENT EVERER!!1

Self-delusion without end. I try very hard to understand other people but this I never will. And it always saddens me to meet yet another Greek lover of Heavy Metal that has bought onto nationalist propaganda of this most repugnant source.

DaN, brand the seal of the skull on this for it is dead and done, now that the spaceships from Sirios have arrived.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yeah, as interesting as some comments have been, this thread has gone WAY off-topic by now.

Locked.