Anyone Familiar with this dealer?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I will dig tonight for my old address book and see what I find

I know my first list "John Haupt" before OPM was in Late 92

1st mailed around 50 copies world wide
2nd again 50
3rd close to 170
by 1994 I was mailing over 300 list out 4 times a year
in 1995 we started OPM and the lists went to over 400

I would thinks there was at least 40 to Greece and maybe only 40-50 to the USA all the rest were Germany/Japan/Switzerland
But I will see if I can find out for sure with names
Most came and went at that time due to there Army duty's
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

If they were as many as glockose said, i'm pretty sure most of them have stopped listening to metal now, and, yes, i'm curious about who they were too. WHO the hell had contacts with John Allinson in '91-'92?? very curious about it.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Now I am feeling OLD

Back before 1995 (a whole world away)
There was metal lists in the USA from
Alfred Spremo NY, Mr.P OH, John Alinson VA, Paul Rote PA, Rare Ass TX,
My first list were from TX, Doug Davis OK, Clark in CA put out a list of Hard Rock that had Metal, Damn cant remeber the other guy in OH he put out a list of hard rock/aor/metal.

I think that was about it. Then there were about 20 Psych lists that you could find Hard Rock/Metal every now and then.

Things like Paradoxx in the first Rare Ass list for $35.00 and people thought they were crazy and over priced. HAHAHA

It was a lot of fun back then. Just mail order NO INTERNET. Faxes, leters. Having to send Cash in the mail (NO PAYPAL)
hload

Post by hload »

hahahahahahaha........back then there wasn't that word "collector"....but of course there were people buing lots of stuff and having lots of contacts....in academias street there was a dead end(parallel with academias) with a record store...you could score a sealed m.steel ep for the huge amount of 1200 drachmas(as special priced) in 92-93(something i did after hearing it in the house of one of these editors,hehehe)....not to mention the arcane fanzines of that era like power metal, metal mad, mass dementia etc....fuck i have next to me a review of that bishop steel ep in one hellenic 'zine from '91....a very funny one......
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

ION BRITTON wrote:If they were as many as glockose said, i'm pretty sure most of them have stopped listening to metal now, and, yes, i'm curious about who they were too. WHO the hell had contacts with John Allinson in '91-'92?? very curious about it.
I am pretty sure his lists started in like 89-90 maybe earlier

Pauls were the best like 4-5 pages all hand writen crazy
Man I miss him, He was one of the kools guys I ever met in this.
It was truly a sad day when he found God.
hload

Post by hload »

glockose wrote:Now I am feeling OLD

Back before 1995 (a whole world away)
There was metal lists in the USA from
Alfred Spremo NY, Mr.P OH, John Alinson VA, Paul Rote PA, Rare Ass TX,
My first list were from TX, Doug Davis OK, Clark in CA put out a list of Hard Rock that had Metal, Damn cant remeber the other guy in OH he put out a list of hard rock/aor/metal.

I think that was about it. Then there were about 20 Psych lists that you could find Hard Rock/Metal every now and then.

Things like Paradoxx in the first Rare Ass list for $35.00 and people thought they were crazy and over priced. HAHAHA

It was a lot of fun back then. Just mail order NO INTERNET. Faxes, leters. Having to send Cash in the mail (NO PAYPAL)

hahahaha, this was the real pain in the ass, sir! i had to stood for hours outside the banks here hoping to see people with passports and plane tickets in their hands to give them some money to change them to dollars....this was the only way to get foreign currency back then......you forgot and johnny perez....he had mailorder at least since 94 or 95 when i first sent him some hot dollars for stuff from his list.....and then sent me as a gift a SA wooden cross(with other cool SA stuff of course which i paid for ) ahahaha....
Last edited by hload on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

My friend Panos Tsiubris who started me on all this still has your early lists,he also told me about Paul Rote,Mitch Capka OH,is this who you referring to out of OH? he s still sending out lists..he s still getting lists from Allinson's brother in law in the UK too i think.Of course mr P's early lists.money back then went out in opened videotape cases haha..
hload

Post by hload »

ha, mitch is a great guy(although he doesn't seem to loves greeks also, except me,hehehehe)......lots and lots of stuff for peanuts....and yeah, panos is like a teacher for me also,ahahahaha......the lost archangel.....
hload

Post by hload »

MassOfKthulu wrote:nightsblood ,early mid nineties? i take it you're quite old then? how old are you,if i may?
John,in matter of appearance:
Panos Tzanetatos' hot metal releases ,bootleging every single thing there was to be bootlegged and circulating them.Andi and Stefan (dont ask me who's andi and who's Stefan) were also involved in allt hese boots but of course it's only Greeks to blame isnt it.Like Hellion and that other swiss guy (dont ask me what swiss guy)putting out reborn classics bullshit boots in the 90s but noone had a problem about all this,did they? its just the greeks to blame,the germans were just keeping 80s metal in fashion.thats how a few of todays big collectors/dealers got rich.
People scamming sellers and buyers on ebay-Viflu is notorious for these,i can start naming names but i wont who cares. and so are a few other people.A guy i personally know selling all those CDs under lastempire or several other monickers -the 'im not sure its a boot' guy.
Greg and eat metal is guilty of nothing else than usually being late posting stuff.But he has to eat the dirt for all the people selling boots.yeah he bootlegged Berserks and Gunfire to put one copy on ebay.
Of course all the germans selling home made cdrs of Xlr8,Texan demos,bootleg tapes,are just keeping metal alive.once again,only us barrow boys greeks are to blame.
I could keep typing reasons now,but im not sure anyone's too interested.
Sometimes i think im an idiot for not putting up on ebay all the demos i have with unreleased monster tracks from Gargoyle,Thacther,Slauter Xstroyes etc and make a quick buck at some German;s expense.At least i headbang to all this stuff and dont use it only to fatten up my (non existant) bank account.

hahaha, now i saw this, massofkthulu.....lets go for some "armoured attacks" in central florida.... :wink:
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

MassOfKthulu wrote:i suppose it's this greek attitude of trying to get everything for free,permeating everything and everyone,from government corruption right down to collecting 80s metal haha.dunno really,it simply is in the greek psyche to act this way.
However not everyone in Greece built their collection this way,for example i think the biggest greek collector i know of (Elias) hasnt ever ripped off one single person.Some others did and still do.and im not saying i m free of sin myself either.But im a saint compared to what other Greeks i know of do on ebay.
You saint You! Nothing but a rip off...

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2154
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

heres a few forums you missed
trust me noone does any trades anymore so i dont really mind where you slander my name at after ten years of trading,make sure you make a few threads on these forums too
www.metalpage.de
miskatonic
hellride
david hasselhoff
your record's in the damn post.now stop acting like this is a Paradoxx,like Mathias Aeby and Michael Honneger havent unearthed 2 boxes of this and dont know where to get rid of it,and i got another copy of it anyway.it ends for 60 euro on ebay,and i lost my Vixen copy too.great.And anyway,as i said,trades are long dead,long live ebay so you might as well make an announcement in the Congress about this.Kiitos.
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

First of all, I'm not out to slander your name. All this could have been solved in private if you had answered the e-mails. Secondly, Corroseum is the only forum I post at.

It's not about Axiom being Paradoxx or Krokus - it's about completing a trade. Doing what you promise and working things out if something goes wrong. Communication is a two way street.

I've been trading for 25 years and can't seem to stop even if I sometimes wanted to. It's indeed very sad if eBay makes metal fans piss on common courtesy of trading - the very thing that made it possible for this music to spread before the internet.
Avenger

Re: Anyone Familiar with this dealer?

Post by Avenger »

glockose wrote:
nightsblood wrote: I'm always suspicious of dealing w/ folks from Greece (yes it's a stereotype, but given all the crappy bootlegs sold by Greek dealers, I prefer to be safe instead of sorry). Thanks.

Don't sweat it dude, 9/10 if I see that a seller is from Greece on eBay I will avoid that auction.

HAHAHA. Thats great! HAHAHA
It also hurts to sell there, not only buy

Why is this????
How did this stereotype start????
When did this start????
I'm constantly seeing the same shitty bootlegs for sale by sellers from greece.

I've also been conned pretty bad by a guy from there once and it was a huge 4 month, dragged out, PayPal dispute to finally get my money back.

Not at all worth the pain in the ass...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Well I got all excited tonight when I finally got a copy on CD of Shok Paris Concrete Killers (yeah, not a big rarity! But I needed a perfect copy) from a reputable seller only to discover it's the fucking bootleg!
Now I'm pissed off.. and I'm assuming it's from Greece ..more than likely...?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

MassOfKthulu wrote:Mitch Capka OH, he s still sending out lists..
What's his contact details???
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?