Anyone Familiar with this dealer?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
nightsblood

Anyone Familiar with this dealer?

Post by nightsblood »

Greg Varsarmis (think I spelled it right) from Eat Metal Records in Greece. I'm always suspicious of dealing w/ folks from Greece (yes it's a stereotype, but given all the crappy bootlegs sold by Greek dealers, I prefer to be safe instead of sorry). Thanks for any info regarding whether or not this guy is legit.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

His own releases i'm 99% sure that they are legit. I don't know all the titles he's selling on the e-shop, but the ones released by eat metal must be ok.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
nabel

Post by nabel »

I have never had any problems with him, fast delivery etc.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

He's at times very slow to ship your stuff, but I've always got mine in the end and I've never heard of anyone recieving a bootleg from him.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Avenger

Re: Anyone Familiar with this dealer?

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:Greg Varsarmis (think I spelled it right) from Eat Metal Records in Greece. I'm always suspicious of dealing w/ folks from Greece (yes it's a stereotype, but given all the crappy bootlegs sold by Greek dealers, I prefer to be safe instead of sorry). Thanks for any info regarding whether or not this guy is legit.
Don't sweat it dude, 9/10 if I see that a seller is from Greece on eBay I will avoid that auction.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Greg from EMR is great guy, i have met him personaly,
you can be positively sure about him!
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

He may be a good guy, but I don't trust him, I have personal reasons to do so...
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

nightsblood wrote: I'm always suspicious of dealing w/ folks from Greece (yes it's a stereotype, but given all the crappy bootlegs sold by Greek dealers, I prefer to be safe instead of sorry). Thanks.

Don't sweat it dude, 9/10 if I see that a seller is from Greece on eBay I will avoid that auction.

HAHAHA. Thats great! HAHAHA
It also hurts to sell there, not only buy

Why is this????
How did this stereotype start????
When did this start????
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Glock: I don't know exactly. In the early-mid 90s some dealers were telling me what a headache it was to deal with customers from Greece in general (people not paying or taking forever to send money, buying a NM record and trying to argue about the condition to get a refund... one guy tried to send back an old, beat-up copy to scam the dealer into giving him his money back, etc). So the issues been around for at least 15 years.
I've sold 1 item to one person in Greece, so I have almost no personal experience dealing with folks there. Thought I might order something from EM records so I wanted to check the guy out. I typically do this with any new label/distributor, greek or not.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Man pretty QUIT over here.

No one wants to help?

Why is this????
How did this stereotype start????
When did this start????
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

glockose wrote: It also hurts to sell there, not only buy
If it hurt then you wouldn't sell :)
Money calms down the pain i guess....
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

There ARE reliable dealers in Greece, and they are NOT all the persons the same here, so do not be so general please, before you have separate "experience"...
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

The topic was started with the statemnet of a (Greek Stereotype)
My question was WHY is this the Stereotype? How did it come to be?

And, you dont know me very well. I have in the past and continue to turn down a LOT of Purchases from Greece. Money doesn't sooth everything when you dont need it.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

nightsblood ,early mid nineties? i take it you're quite old then? how old are you,if i may?
John,in matter of appearance:
Panos Tzanetatos' hot metal releases ,bootleging every single thing there was to be bootlegged and circulating them.Andi and Stefan (dont ask me who's andi and who's Stefan) were also involved in allt hese boots but of course it's only Greeks to blame isnt it.Like Hellion and that other swiss guy (dont ask me what swiss guy)putting out reborn classics bullshit boots in the 90s but noone had a problem about all this,did they? its just the greeks to blame,the germans were just keeping 80s metal in fashion.thats how a few of todays big collectors/dealers got rich.
People scamming sellers and buyers on ebay-Viflu is notorious for these,i can start naming names but i wont who cares. and so are a few other people.A guy i personally know selling all those CDs under lastempire or several other monickers -the 'im not sure its a boot' guy.
Greg and eat metal is guilty of nothing else than usually being late posting stuff.But he has to eat the dirt for all the people selling boots.yeah he bootlegged Berserks and Gunfire to put one copy on ebay.
Of course all the germans selling home made cdrs of Xlr8,Texan demos,bootleg tapes,are just keeping metal alive.once again,only us barrow boys greeks are to blame.
I could keep typing reasons now,but im not sure anyone's too interested.
Sometimes i think im an idiot for not putting up on ebay all the demos i have with unreleased monster tracks from Gargoyle,Thacther,Slauter Xstroyes etc and make a quick buck at some German;s expense.At least i headbang to all this stuff and dont use it only to fatten up my (non existant) bank account.
hload

Post by hload »

it's funny the fact that all bootleggers in greece seem to be going very well...they have new homes, new cars, new terra stores etc....while the honest guys are starving....but the funniest of all is the fact that no one ever mentions the names of all these bootleggers....or start a thread about them.....