Anyone Familiar with this dealer?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I know all about ALL the bootlegging

I think Greece got this REP way before any of that took place.
Thats my question. The country seems to have had this REP way back in the early 90's so it is nothing new.

Yes I am OLD 40 years

Theer is NO NEED to name anyone.
AND this has nothing to do with Eat Records

It was a GENERAL question about the Stereotype that Greece and it's collectors have received. Right or Wrong it seems to be there as others on the thread indicated
hload

Post by hload »

ha, yeah, massofkthulu, those germans are doing it with style i guess...take for example this cd from our german friend and great shalke supporter....

their guitarist loved it at once and he wanted it....so i sent it to him and he promised that he'll mention my name eternally in his sunday ceremonies in his pentecostian church....god bless him....
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

m,the bootlegging apart,i suppose it's this greek attitude of trying to get everything for free,permeating everything and everyone,from government corruption right down to collecting 80s metal haha.dunno really,it simply is in the greek psyche to act this way.
However not everyone in Greece built their collection this way,for example i think the biggest greek collector i know of (Elias) hasnt ever ripped off one single person.Some others did and still do.and im not saying i m free of sin myself either.But im a saint compared to what other Greeks i know of do on ebay.
paypal is bliss for greeks on ebay,since the seller is so easy to get scammed the way it works.we usually prefer to apply our wits to shady shit instead of doing the decent thing haha.Then again,so are people from any other place in the world.
I still remember being emailed by the canadian guy who sold viflu his solar eagle copy for $250,he claimed the money back saying the record never got to him,and then i saw him trying to sell it on ebay for $1500 or something..hahaha..oh well
John i know how old you are,i was asking nightsblood how old he is :D

hload,what can i say.Bless me Father,for i have sinned.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I don't know if the names of the Germans who helped Tzanetatos with his bootlegs are the ones massofkthulu mentioned, but i do know that there were people from Germany that were also involved with Tzanetatos' activities. Panos was asking everyone he could find to give him a good, clean copy of his rare vinyls to do his work. A trading partner from Thessaloniki was asked for his Leather Nunn LP, but he refused to take part in Hot metal's business. We have discussed all these before and i still see people considering Greece the root of all evil as fas as bootleging is concerned. A bootleg from Greece seems to be more (!) illegal than one from the US or Brazil, go figure...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I don't know, is it something in the Greek psyche that makes them into cunning trixters and all that? I mean, Greeks bearing gifts and all that - old man Odysseus was guilty of a thing or two right?

Seriously, I haven't dealt with many Greeks, but as I stated above, Greg has always been great with me. No boots, I always got my stuff. I've met Mass of Cthulhu and you seem like a very nice guy. I'd probably trust you in a deal right away. I've been burnt in deals before, but always with Americans, so I'm not so sure the Greeks deserve this reputation, even though you do see the boots on ebay all the time.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Ya just strange how these things snowball to take on everyone.

I know I lot of very honest & Trustworth collectors and dealers in Greece

But it is very ODD these stats
I have been selling records for over 22 years, METAL records for over 17 years & Ebay for 9+ years

I have LOST 5 packages in the mail in all this time (4 Greece, 1 Japan)
I have had 3 CHARGE BACKS with Paypal (all 3 Greece)
I have felt Ripped off on 3 TRADES in all this time ( 2 Greece, 1 USA)
I seem to have to wait longer for payments, and have more Complants from Greece then anywhere else.

I dont want to say ALL Greek's are bad BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT
But it really makes it hard not to be gunshy when I'm dealing there
hload

Post by hload »

these are greeks disguised as german ones....lets find some "greeks" in US later....now it's time for my herbal tea(original of course from plants i grow in my land properties)

http://cgi.ebay.de/KILLEN-Same-CD-Metal ... 286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.de/EXODO-INHERENT-SIN-I ... 286.c0.m14
Last edited by hload on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

glockose wrote: I have LOST 5 packages in the mail in all this time (4 Greece, 1 Japan)
You sent a registered package and it got lost or you sent it unregistered and the buyer said he never received it? The latter can make you suspicious of his integrity, but in the first case it is surely not the buyer who's responsible. Postal services have been slightly improved the last years, but they used to suck a hell of a lot a decade before or so...

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Lets get away from this Boot stuff

There are PLENTY World Wide (Germany, USA, Brazil, Russa........)

My Question has to do with When and How all the Negitives started and they DID NOT START with Boots
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Not Regeistered, Buyer said never received.
This is why 95% of all package I send to Greece now are Registered
Sorry you want something you must pay an Extra $10 for this service
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

nightsblood talked about early, mid-90s. if buyers/dealers started to have problems with Greeks, the only one who i can think of is again Panos Tzanetatos and his label, Unisound. I've read that bands and traders were being frequently ripped-off by Unisound, but i'm not sure when the first bootleg appeared, although it must had been something from the black/death genre, the heavy/power boots appeared much later i think. And to be honest, the ''early 90s'' possibility seems not very likely to me.

MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

early 90s doesnt seem very credible to me either,i started collecting around 98 and the only guys i knew seriously into collecting then were elias,saltsas,greg,panos,and 1-2 guys from salonika.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Oh it was Early 90's

The days of Paul Rote, John Allinson, Alfred Spremo, Rare Ass, Doug Davis...

By the time 95 came around and we started OPM there was already a list of folks in Greece NOT to deal with.

I will have to pull out some on the earlly lists were it stated
Greek packages must be Registered, and explaining the TIME differance so I would not get phone calls every morning at 2-3 AM.

I even think one of JA's lists have a list of names not to deal with printed in it.

There were at least 10-15 folks back then who got my list
This was the days before singing sword
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, i wasn't even listening to heavy metal in the early 90s, so i can't really tell what was going on in the scene back then and especially with the rare/obscure metal trading circuits. However i'm having a hard time of thinking of Greek people who even had contacts with the guys you mentioned glockose in the early 90s. How many were there really? greek collectors in the mid to late 90s could be counted on the fingers of both hands as mass said, i can't imagine how the situation was in the early 90s.

MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

I remember John Allinson,Dennis of course selling his slauter copies,he still is,haha,but now he has no partner..RIP
what was John Allinson's partner from the UK called again..the rest,no idea,i was too young,i m 29 now.
i remember that guy Michael Mueller from Germany who set his whole collection in fire cos he went Christian.
Can you give me NAMES please of greeks on your blacklist? i ld love to know.and why did they go on it?did u send first and they never paid or whats the deal?
i remember that guy from Brazil,Nelson Filho saying he ld love to leave flowers on Greg's grave hahaha