Record Shops in Paris, France

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Piotr Sargnagel

Record Shops in Paris, France

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

I'm going to Paris for two days in October - anyone know of any good record shops there? Thanks in advance!
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

I was kind of trying to start a topic where information like this would be collected, but it never took off.. :?

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2175
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Because of some overpriced Death-Metal LPs and shops selling used CDs for 12€, there's nothing left in Paris as far as I know...
Gott ist tot.
Piotr Sargnagel

Damn, I'll just have to be romantic then and go for dinners with the fiancee...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Nothing great in Paris, I'm afraid. They're some second-hand metal shops, but you'll be very lucky if you find something interesting. There are some rock and jazz shops who sometimes sell some metal vynils.
Piotr Sargnagel

Thanks!
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

There is an all-metal record store in Paris called R'N'R Voltage, it's located in "Le Marais" district, can't remember the name of the street. It's overpriced but at least they carry vinyl.

Gibert (near Place St. Michel) seems to be the place of choice for metalheads to shop. They have a good selection of new and used CDs, not much vinyl though. It's basically a bookstore, you'll have to go downstairs to find the record department.

Most second hand record stores in Paris have a metal selection, but don't expect crazy finds, the days of great record stores belong to the past in this country. Try Plus De Bruit (second hand store) in the Pigalle area or Parallèles in Les Halles/Chatelet. If you are interested in punk, garage, hardcore and stuff, check out Born Bad (Bastille area)... Oh, and Monster Melodies (next to Parallèles) have second hand metal, but the dude is a total selfrighteous dick. There's quite a few other second hand stores, but I'm afraid they've been emptied of all good metal years ago.
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

Well if you can, outside of Paris there are two interesting and good shops. One is Legion Of Death records in Pictavia, and the other is Drakkar in Nimes.
Piotr Sargnagel

Ok thank you for the info!! I won't get a chance to get outside Paris but what Morbid Tapes told me is more than enough - cheers!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

The Rock'n Roll Voltage address is : 23 rue du roi de Sicile 75004 Paris.
Piotr Sargnagel

Brilliant - thanks! I shall check it out.
akis512

Re: Record Shops in Paris, France

Post by akis512 »

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:I'm going to Paris for two days in October - anyone know of any good record shops there? Thanks in advance!
Piotr did you have the chance to check any of the record stores?
I will be in PAris 17-22/10.
My time will be limited because i will attending the SIAL Food Show, so please tell what's worth visiting.

Thanx

akis512
Piotr Sargnagel

Dammit I had passport trouble - out of date passport! So I shall be going in November instead, sorry.