Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Recent Metal Finds

Post by DaN »

I haven't been doing that much trades or spending on records recently, so any small contribution feels larger than life nowdays. I just found an old FWOSHM-favourite for an equal of a few euros at a local record shop: SERGEANT - doubt/connection 7" 82, and the 2nd DVC (DARTH VADER'S CHURCH) album on CD, which I've never seen before in this format.

So, go ahead and break my heart with loooong lists of your recent finds, you spoiled bastards!
Last edited by DaN on Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EzyMeat

Violent Playground - Thrashin Blues

Post by EzyMeat »

Haven't been shopping since record stores don't get any metal vinyl these days. Ebay has ruined such past times. Anyway the last time I was at the record store I was quite surprised to come across Violent Playground - Thrashin Blues which I'd been looking for the longest time. They're decent metal and the first thrash band I know to incorporate a harmonica into the music!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I haven't been able to buy anything since it's summer, and I need to save. Last record I bought was Marz 7'' Lady of the night w/ original PS anyway. A great piece of vinyl containing 3 killer tracks for sure.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I haven't been able to buy anything since it's summer
Time to lay off the beer for a while, Patrik. I need you to buy more overpriced NWOBHM 7" for me to rip. Learn to prioritize already!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

DaN wrote:
I haven't been able to buy anything since it's summer
Time to lay off the beer for a while, Patrik. I need you to buy more overpriced NWOBHM 7" for me to rip. Learn to prioritize already!
Hehe.. I need to buy some mid rarities first.. :) Virtue, Sparta etc! When do you have time for a marz rip?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The record-shops here in Holland are quite empty these days...I found a Triton LP but didn't like it that much. I hope the metal market at Wacken Open Air next week will reveal some stuff I'm looking for.

My last buy was a UPPER ECHELON EP and it's quite a killer!
Long Live The Loud !!!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Let me see: Tudor 7Ep, Bella Bestia double lp, and an Iron Maiden boot lp

Post by Guest »

from Huntingrounds thread:

Went to the local record store today, found 3 good finds amidst a ton of hair metal.

Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Cities - Annihilation Absolute
Trytan - Celestial Messener

The Holy Terror is now in my trade list, which I'll have to post some time.
EzyMeat

Post by EzyMeat »

That last post was me, my apologies.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Hooray! Had the best recordhunting day in ages yesterday:

VIXIT - "el poder del metal" LP
CENTURIAS - "ultima noite" MLP (not as great as the "Ninja" LP perhaps, but I'm a completist)
MERCYFUL FATE - "Return of the Vampire" LP (Finally got this on vinyl :D and cheap to! The self-proclaimed 'collector store' sold it for ca €20 while charging an equal of €30 for regular KING DIAMOND vinyls :roll: )
CHINATOWN - "Play it to the death" LP (for 4 friggin euros!)

VIXIT and CHINATOWN is up for trade btw.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

"VIXIT and CHINATOWN is up for trade btw."

What the fuck are you talking about?!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

DaN, where did you find these records? ; )

You have fucking luck when it comes to find stuff in stores here in stockholm. They generally suck big time.. But you find records as Titan - East Wind West Wind 7'', which I have seen once ever.. On ebay and it was sold for nearly 400 GBP's. (!!!). And what did you find it for? In a local shop, HERE IN STOCKHOLM?! Yes, maybe 10 euros? More? 15? And you found shocksplit MLP on a record fair here in Sweden for prettty much the same price.. !! Cocksmoker... :evil:
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

No major success stories to be shared over here either. Actually I've been doing more selling than buying recently as I'm in the middle of replacing half of my vinyls with CD's.

Traitors Gate 12"EP ended up in my possession recently but otherwise I've just been picking up those great recent releases like Tyrant, Stormqueen and High Treason.

The most joyous finding recently was the Al Atkins "Victim of Changes" CD. I never made any effort to actually find it 'cause I was sure I'd see it somewhere sooner or later. Months turned to years but finally last weekend I spotted a copy in a second-hand shop in Helsinki. Capital! And what a great CD...
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

pentagramophone wrote:Traitors Gate 12"EP ended up in my possession recently but otherwise I've just been picking up those great recent releases like Tyrant, Stormqueen and High Treason
Recent? :shock:
Lindell

Post by Lindell »

I think he refers to the Stormqueen - Come silent the world lp, Tyrant - Antholgy /Days at the farm lp and the High treason - S/T cd :)