Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

It's been a good record weekend i Stockholm. Me + a friend sold records at the record fair and it increased my spending-account quite a lot. Some stuff I've bought/traded/recieved:

V/A - "Norway Rocks" LP 88 (Best Norwegian Metal album ever! Doesn't say much I know, but this compilation slays!)
VALOR - "Fight For Your Life" LP (cover was a bit worn and the insert was missing, but still... :D )
MAD MAX - s/t LP 82 (the rare private debut, I'm having a German period now..)
NINJA (GER) - "Invincible" LP 88 (more rare Germans!)
EQUINOX - "Auf Wiedersehen" LP 89
RAVING MAD - "Leethal Greed" 10" MLP 90 (Almost as rare as SAVAGERS and not much better I'm afraid)

+ tons more regular stuff like VETO, TYRANT, GILLAN, MALICE etc...
Keir

Post by Keir »

So when do we get some new reviews on the site then? It's been over a month! :P
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Trust me, it's coming. In spades.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Well the last month i had the oportunity to grab some Vinyls.
1)Killer Fox-Both Ones
2)Starstruck-Thru To You
3)Restless-Rock The Nations
4)Killer-Young Blood
5)Norden Light-Shadows Of Wilderness
6)Tox-Prince Of Darkness
7)Pain-Insanity
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

This is not really a find ,in the way that is an unknown band, but managed to pick up Sepultura's Morbid Vision and Schizophrenia in their original brazilian pressing on Cogumelo records for 5 and 6 euro.

So for tonight thrash till the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HexxWitch

Post by HexxWitch »

Lurch Killz - Lashing Out Demo US 1989
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I yesterday bought on vinyl of corpse

1)SPELLBOUND-Rockin´ Reckless
2)OZ-Fire In The Brain
3)BATTLECRY-Red White And Blue
4)BLITZZ-Do The Blitzz

All for 30 Euros HEHEHEE :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Brazilians FIREBOX was a nice surprise I picked up last week. Great Motörhead-influenced Metal but with more Power/Speed elements. Recommended!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Brazilians can let you down immensely. not so long ago I've acquired Acid Storm - Biotronic Genesis - i doing my best not to say sth rude. :roll:

the most recent purchases i've done were Equinox - Aufwiedersehen and The Way To Go, Terrahsphere - Third in order ... and Arbitrater - Balance all four on vinyl, of corpse. Have yet to digest them.
Messerschmitt

Re: Recent Metal finds

Post by Messerschmitt »

DaN wrote:I haven't been doing that much trades or spending on records recently, so any small contribution feels larger than life nowdays. I just found an old FWOSHM-favourite for an equal of a few euros at a local record shop: SERGEANT - doubt/connection 7" 82, and the 2nd DVC (DARTH VADER'S CHURCH) album on CD, which I've never seen before in this format.

So, go ahead and break my heart with loooong lists of your recent finds, you spoiled bastards!
Yeah right man. For starters, let me tell you that I live in a region of Germany possibly boasting the highest density of second-hand music stores worldwide. That's why I'd never want to resettle abroad...but here are a few examples of recently acquired stuff in shops:

CONSPIRACY - s/t
VANEXA - s/t
VAULT - No more Escape
GOTHAM CITY - Black Writs/Into the unknown
TRESPASS - Bright Lights 7'' ep
TURBO - Charged for Glory 7''
BUFFALO - Battle torn Heroes 7''
LONE WOLF - Leave me behind 7''
SLAYER - Final Command picture disk
WITCHFINDER GENERAL - Soviet Invasion 12''
ASGARD - Dark Horizons
ELECTRIC WIZARD - s/t, green vinyl
WINTER - Into Darkness white vinyl
SADISTIC INTENT - A calm before the Storm 7''
TIAMAT - A Winter Shadow 7''
SEX TRASH - XXX 7''
CHAKAL - Living with the Pigs 7''
MINOTAUR - Death Metal 7''

coming soon:
NYTEMARE, HARD'N'HEART, SLAYER (Seasons in the abyss 12'' ep), CUTTY SARK (Hard Rock Power, private issue) and of course that all-conquering MODERN TALKING (Ready for Romance, 180 ton armour-plated vinyl :twisted: )! Eat this dude;-)!
Reality is that which, once you stop believing in it, doesn't go away
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I was down town today, with a friend and looked for metal records. It was about 1 year ago I did this I think. I usually buy my records on internet.
Anyway, it was great and I made 2 great deals. Bought these 2 for about 10 dollars together!!

- Sortilége - Sortilége MLP w/ insert

- Comp LP (on Rave-On records too) - Metal Clogs (Containing 4 killer bands: Frankenstein, Crossfire, Impact and Gilgamesj)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Today I received the two cds of Hellias. Very good band in deed. As well as the japanese Hellhound. Killer stuff in my opinion
Keir

Post by Keir »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I was down town today, with a friend and looked for metal records. It was about 1 year ago I did this I think. I usually buy my records on internet.
Anyway, it was great and I made 2 great deals. Bought these 2 for about 10 dollars together!!

- Sortilége - Sortilége MLP w/ insert

- Comp LP (on Rave-On records too) - Metal Clogs (Containing 4 killer bands: Frankenstein, Crossfire, Impact and Gilgamesj)
I have that LP, and was actually quite disappointed with it. GILGAMESJ is a killer band, but their contribution here is not so great. The other tracks struck me as generic imitation-NWOBHM. Still, at least you got a good deal. :)

I just got these 3 in the mail from Fils Du Metal. Not really a find, as it cost me a bit more than I'd like to admit (in both cash and trade) and they're all fairly well-known rarities, but I just had to show off!

humus

Post by humus »

Is that Glacier album expensive? I paid something like €10 for a near mint copy!
Keir

Post by Keir »

humus wrote:Is that Glacier album expensive? I paid something like €10 for a near mint copy!
It's not terribly expensive, but I'd say you got a good deal. I traded 3 of my Azra shapes (I forget which ones, but let's say it was about a €30 value) for that one and it's definitely not NM.