Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Levi

Post by Levi »

Looking for that Pagan Altar record too, do you happen to know where I could score a copy? The Black Widow guys didn't seem willing to handle the order of my local shop and when I got tired of waiting and wanted to order it from Hellion, they apparently didn't have it anymore :?
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

The Knell wrote:
Mr Nuke wrote:Well, at least you didn't got yours in pieces because of the incompetence of the postal service. These 100€ (not including postage rates and western union fees...) may better have been thrown in another record...
You bought this MLP and this happened to you? Well, this is absolutely shit.
That happened to me, when I bought it from Mario Aponte/Manitu. This guy is slow but reliable. the colombian postal service isn't, it seems. I only bought stuff from there two times, and both times the package was opened (the french postal service had to seal it again with adhesive).

About the PAGAN ALTAR LP, well, the seller must do something for you. And they seem fucking hard to find nowadays. At least that's a godly band that has success.
Gott ist tot.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Levi wrote:Looking for that Pagan Altar record too, do you happen to know where I could score a copy? The Black Widow guys didn't seem willing to handle the order of my local shop and when I got tired of waiting and wanted to order it from Hellion, they apparently didn't have it anymore :?
I got the LP form Greg Walker, and his distro is called Symphonic something, I don't know anymore: http://synphonic.8m.com/country/lp.htm
The last copy of this I found in the net, I wanted to buy it from Iron Pegasus here in Germany a year before, but it was sold-out as I asked him! Yes, it seems to be very hard to find now, as I didn't see a copy anymore. It will become a rarity I think.
But there is the Pagan Altar LP, seems to be still in the list! I don't know if I got the last copy from him, but it's the limited red version (it's not stated there). There's no numbered cardboard piece in it, though. I asked Black Widow about that, but they don't know either. It's all sealed, so it couldn't be lost or something. Strange thing.
He sealed the parcel perfectly and secure, the postmen had to work hard in order to destroy this. Idiots.

I got the Parabellum MLP from Colombia and everything was ok...!
Levi

Post by Levi »

The Knell wrote:
Levi wrote:Looking for that Pagan Altar record too, do you happen to know where I could score a copy? The Black Widow guys didn't seem willing to handle the order of my local shop and when I got tired of waiting and wanted to order it from Hellion, they apparently didn't have it anymore :?
I got the LP form Greg Walker, and his distro is called Symphonic something, I don't know anymore: http://synphonic.8m.com/country/lp.htm
The last copy of this I found in the net, I wanted to buy it from Iron Pegasus here in Germany a year before, but it was sold-out as I asked him! Yes, it seems to be very hard to find now, as I didn't see a copy anymore. It will become a rarity I think.
But there is the Pagan Altar LP, seems to be still in the list! I don't know if I got the last copy from him, but it's the limited red version (it's not stated there). There's no numbered cardboard piece in it, though. I asked Black Widow about that, but they don't know either. It's all sealed, so it couldn't be lost or something. Strange thing.
He sealed the parcel perfectly and secure, the postmen had to work hard in order to destroy this. Idiots.

I got the Parabellum MLP from Colombia and everything was ok...!
Thanks! Will need to find some cash though. Anyone need a kidney?
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Colombia has probably the worst post office in the world. Got only once a CD and the package was opened too. :evil: Spanish post office sucks as well...got a damaged LP...

Today I got Dark Quarterer`s "The Etruscan Prophecy" LP on Cobra Records for 10€ + postage...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

roihlem wrote: Spanish post office sucks as well...got a damaged LP...
Yeah - I just recently got a CD from Spain, which was sent via registered mail, and of course, the jewel case was totally shattered; and the CD was broken!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The CD was broken!??? What do they do with the parcels?? Train Karate on it?? Holy shit!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

haha :)
At least it came with a guitar pick, badges and was signed and dedicated to me :)

Well, it depends, I've gotten things from Spain in great condition in the past. I once sent one CD to a guy from US and he said that he got the CD totally wet! But he said that he once even got a CD which totally smelled of diesel :)
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

all mint:

Ostrogoth - Full Moon Eyes
Maltese Falcon - Metal Rush
Vulcain - Rock'n'Roll Secours
Elessar - Defy the king (bit of a let down)
Savage Grace - The Dominatress
VIXEN - MADE IN HAWAII (azra ) 20 eu
SAS - Warlords
Taipan - Taipan 7"

ebay:

Terror Squad - Chaosdragon Rising CD
Running Wild - Port Royal CD
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Nicko McBuff wrote:all mint:

Ostrogoth - Full Moon Eyes
Maltese Falcon - Metal Rush
Vulcain - Rock'n'Roll Secours
Elessar - Defy the king (bit of a let down)
Savage Grace - The Dominatress
VIXEN - MADE IN HAWAII (azra ) 20 eu
SAS - Warlords
Taipan - Taipan 7"

ebay:

Terror Squad - Chaosdragon Rising CD
Running Wild - Port Royal CD
Great stuff especially the Ostrogoth EP; A Classic all the way

My Purchases:

Max Lynx: Take One: finally the original LP
Crysys: Hard as Rock: second press LP
Merciless Death LP: new band playing 80's thrash/speed the way it was meant to be
Long Live The Loud !!!
peterott

Post by peterott »

roihlem wrote:Colombia has probably the worst post office in the world. Got only once a CD and the package was opened too. :evil: Spanish post office sucks as well...got a damaged LP...

Have in mind that basically all parcels from Colombia which pass the custom service of a country are opened and checked for drugs. Same goes for basically all parcels Jamaican parcels, and this is no joke.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

LP's:

Sortilége - Métamorphose
Fisc - Break Out

$1 US dollar each.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
tomas

Post by tomas »

Sentinel:
Where did you buy the Merciless Death LP? I love those guys !!!!
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

tomas wrote:Sentinel:
Where did you buy the Merciless Death LP? I love those guys !!!!
http://www.punkutopia.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

- SPEAR OF LONGINUS , .......and the Swastikalotus , tape ;

- NECROS CHRISTOS , Triune Impurity Rites , at first listen not as good as their previous releases I've bought, the production is too clean and the new songs not that efficient IMO, maybe I have to wait several listens to say more on this one ;

- IRONFIST , Ejaculated Insanity , live tape ;

- WHIPLASH , Messages in Blood , avec des demos, great CD ;

- XEQUE MATE , Em Nome Do Pai Do Filho...E Do Rock 'n' Roll , the LP is mint ;

- ALIOTH , Channeling Unclean Spirits
Gott ist tot.