Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

humus wrote:Old metalheads getting rid of their collections are still the best finds:
Enslaved - Hordanes land 12"
Poison - Into the abyss 12" (now with the insert)
Sarcofago/Necrovore demo's bootleg pictureLP
Damn! Now we are talking good stuff!
Fun records
NWN PROD

Post by NWN PROD »

Bulldozer "fallen angel" 7" original. This time I got it for almost free through a trade and it's in better condition.

Celtic Frost "morbid tales" Pic LP original. in trade. Mint.

Hellhammer MLP with pink logo and texts. Mint.

And about 20 other random things that I got in trade.
NUCLEAR WAR NOW! PROD.
Home page: http://nwnprod.com/
Store: http://nwnprod.com/catalog/
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

NWN PROD wrote:Hellhammer MLP with pink logo and texts.
This is the 2nd pressing, right? I've heard different opinions about that one. Hilfe? Peter?
peterott

Post by peterott »

DaN wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:Hellhammer MLP with pink logo and texts.
This is the 2nd pressing, right? I've heard different opinions about that one. Hilfe? Peter?
me ??
Well, that's the remark I added at the Apocalyptic Raids entry for Metal-archives, and I have 6 out of these 7 versions as I piss on the difference of pink logo and dark pink logo (2nd and 3rd pressing) ;)

* The first pressing of the MLP was released in 1.200 copies and only this pressing had a lyric sheet included. The bandlogo was in red.
* 2nd pressing had pink bandlogo and black labels
* 3rd pressing had dark pink bandlogo and black labels
* 4th pressing had pink logo and silver labels
* 5th pressing has pink logo, silver labels and opening on right side of the
cover, not on top like the others.
* Also released by Metal Blade in the US with red logo and opening on the right side of the cover in 1984.
* Brazilian pressing featured two additional tracks: "Revelations of Doom" and "Messiah"

of course not mentioning the different Pic-LP versions and other not the CD-versions of this release...

So pink logo and lyrics means, that the lyric sheet is copied and it is a later pressing.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Krixhjalters - Evilution LP

Haven't seen this one often... Rare? Dan?
Fun records
peterott

Post by peterott »

Metalipeiklo wrote:Krixhjalters - Evilution LP

no, wouldn't say that the LP is rare. It can be found every now and then without problems as nearly all Chickenbrain Rec. releases. The CD-version however must be quiet rare, as it was the first CBR release on LP and CD. It doesn't even mention the bandname on the tray-edges, just CBR 108.
humus

Post by humus »

Does anybody know a band called Innermost? A friend of me has been looking for recordings/information about this band for a good decade now, so I though i'd try the old farts here. If I remember correct it was a Spanish death metal band from the early/mid 90's that has a song on a compilation from Shiver records. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this band seems as obscure as a band can get.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I'm waiting for these:
Witchfinder General die hard LP
Helvetets Port 7'' w/patch

Killer stuff.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

One of the finest Metal releases from Sweden (although their later OMNITRON-incarnation is even better) but not rare at all. Which is good coz more people need to check this gem out!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:

One of the finest Metal releases from Sweden (although their later OMNITRON-incarnation is even better) but not rare at all. Which is good coz more people need to check this gem out!
I have found their Evilution album in CD for 5 Euros.Is it rare even in Cd?I will check this cd i have some years to hear it.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

No, I don't think the CD is that rare either, but the LP is more common. The 2 excellent bonus tracks on the CD makes it more "collectable" though, esp the weird & fantastic "i"!
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

DaN wrote:

Höh, I've always thought both bands were some kind of punk until finally listening to them. Haven't heard Omnitron yet, still seen an LP numerous times for a good price at a local 2nd hand (at the same place I bought Gotham City "Black writs" for 7 EUR, but that's another story) And I'm supposed to be Swedish as well, ehehe.

Ah, and by the way! Anyone into CAPTAIN BEYOND? I've got one of their albums on an ancient tape but saw one of their LP's for approx 45 EUR some days ago. What do you say folks?
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Should I rejoice or be depressed? I just made the find of the decade and don't think I'll do any better for a loooooong time:

VALHALLA (US) - s/t MLP 84

Mint and unplayed. Something like 4 euros.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:Should I rejoice or be depressed? I just made the find of the decade and don't think I'll do any better for a loooooong time:

VALHALLA (US) - s/t MLP 84

Mint and unplayed. Something like 4 euros.
Fuck. I 'll start screaming right NOW! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

SAXO - Satu perjuangan
Kage - State of mind