Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Mendes Prey - On To The Borderline 7"
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

Nagazaki - Nobody/You can be 7"
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

RetroSatan - Grito Mortal LP
"On your knees
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

Just won Depzon 7" My swedish single collection is getting awesome!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Finally i bought CARESS-Return Of The Beast for 40 Euros.

CARESS is my top female fronted band of all times.And generally one of my 20 best.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Keir wrote:I'm jealous. I need that Tempest 12"!

Here are some of my recent finds:
The 45s are Mythra and X-Caliber.
I'm a bit late here, but how's that ARTOK mlp? It can't really be as good as it looks, can it?

STRONGBOW and STUTZ were new to me as well.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote: I'm a bit late here, but how's that ARTOK mlp? It can't really be as good as it looks, can it?
It's ok, but sadly not as good as it looks. I have a rip of it somewhere, maybe i'll make an upload within the next week to judge for yourself.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DaN wrote:STUTZ were new to me as well.
I don't think it's as good as it looks, just ask BloodOfChrist as they're a Cleveland band.
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:
Keir wrote:I'm jealous. I need that Tempest 12"!

Here are some of my recent finds:
The 45s are Mythra and X-Caliber.
I'm a bit late here, but how's that ARTOK mlp? It can't really be as good as it looks, can it?

STRONGBOW and STUTZ were new to me as well.
As Ion Britton said, no it's not as good as it looks. The music is usually compared to Rush. However, while the similarities are there, to quality of songwriting is nowhere near on par with Rush. There are some decent moments in the 3 songs but they're too far apart to make it very interesting.

Strongbow is a hard rock LP from 1975. It sounds similar to Uriah Heep or Budgie from that period (i.e. not their best work).

Stutz would be a contender for the bizarre/awful metal thread if it had anything to do with metal (not sure how they ended up on M-A, maybe their later material is heavier?) There are elements of hard rock in there, but I'm really not sure how to describe it. Are you familar with the first 2 albums from Kix? The songs are mostly straightforward AC/DC rockers but in parts they throw in some new wave influences. The Stutz LP is like an entire album of those parts. I actually like some of it in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Carnivore - Carnivore CD
"On your knees
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

VATICAN - Power Is Obsession (demo tape)

SCREAMER - Dragons (unreleased demo tape...THE ONLY copy since the masters were stolen and lost, and the only other copy was destroyed! Jim Dofka hasnt heard the material since 1988 and gave up looking for it a few years ago!)

BRICK MISTRESS - Unreleased demo 1987 (the tape Jim Dofka listened to before deciding to join the band and record Rise Or Fall!)

RIPPED - Beyond Belief (really obscure debut demo I never even heard of, I thought I had all thier stuff!)

RAGING GRACE - Demo 1989 (2 song demo that thier comp songs were taken from, but these are unmastered raw versions that sound really different)

AXEMASTER - Blessing In The Skies (demo tape, independent demo recordings of the songs on the LP, used to score thier record deal)

TILT - Demo 1989 (Cleveland ultra-obscurity Ive been seaching for for a really long time)
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

F.T.G. - Spirit To Rebel
Sarcasm - In-sect
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Man BloodOfChrist you manage to get your hands on some crazy rare stuff, Respect!
"On your knees
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Nightlock wrote:Man BloodOfChrist you manage to get your hands on some crazy rare stuff, Respect!
Thanks! Im in total shock over this recent batch of stuff. I cant wait wait to hear it all! Im hoping to get some more stuff from the same guy soon...but unfortunately he doesnt know much about any of it, or the members of the bands, because he got the whole collection of obscure tapes after the owner (a co-owner of Underground Express records and Ohio radio-host) died last winter. Id would have loved to talk to him about it all, he could probably have put me in touch with so many of the obscure bands!

R.I.P.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Displaced Person - Growl