Still Sealed?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Helm wrote: but they naturally cannot be from records such as the Paradoxx because it costs a fortune..
Do you think that is the thrill of the expensive and rare that brings memories, or thoughts if you don't like the first word?? Sorry, you're in the wrong path, music is what matters FIRST! Look, I don't blame you for thinking like this, as you said we have different ways to perceive and elaborate some things...

P.S: Oh and if we use the word"addiction"with its good meaning, it doesn't have to deal with pathological or psychological anomaly ofcurse. It is a need, we could say, that offers benefit and not harm, it gives vision and aim to people and strength to fight for sth that they want/need..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Helm

Post by Helm »

As I said, I would have no memories or thoughts or thrills relating to Paradoxx as I could have never heard them because their music costs a fortune to buy.

This doesn't mean to imply that you enjoy Paradoxx because they're expensive. It goes to mean that I do not understand how you'd come to ever *want to buy the Paradoxx in the first place* given that in the beginning, you had not heard it, and you knew it cost a fortune. It's the series of events that lead up to you loving Paradox that I do not understand. Did you check out samples? Did someone else play it for you?
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Helm wrote:As I said, I would have no memories or thoughts or thrills relating to Paradoxx as I could have never heard them because their music costs a fortune to buy.

This doesn't mean to imply that you enjoy Paradoxx because they're expensive. It goes to mean that I do not understand how you'd come to ever *want to buy the Paradoxx in the first place* given that in the beginning, you had not heard it, and you knew it cost a fortune. It's the series of events that lead up to you loving Paradox that I do not understand. Did you check out samples? Did someone else play it for you?
Ofcurse I've heard it before, I had another opened copy in the past (that didn't contain the damn insert, arghh, anyway off topic note :P ) Look, I never perform experiments when it comes out for valuable records, that's my rule, I care only for the music and not its rarity grade..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
tomas

Post by tomas »

Maybe BlackStele didn't pay the huge amount of money that most dealers ask. Maybe she found copies for cheap or maybe she obtained them through some good trade.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

yes, I pay when it is necessary, but I also make a lot of good trades, is this a prob?
tomas

Post by tomas »

No, it's not a problem. I wasn't criticizing you. I was just curious because I know you have a lot of really rare records.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I open the seal always, don't remove it completely though to keep a bit of collector gayness.

If I ever happen to get a second sealed one I won't open it of course.
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

the most insame case would be to finally your SS copy and find another piece of vinyl hidden in it than the one should be inside :p
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I'm not keen on sealed records. I try to avoid them. 50% of sealed records are warped due to longtime storage. I've also encountered sealed records where "dirt" is pressed on the vinyl, resulting in very loud background noise, that occurs mainly on the first tracks. Really don't know how that can happen. For instance I bought the Cleveland Metal LP sealed and both tracks of Black Death are unplayable; too much cracks and pops :evil:

In Conclusion: SCREW SEALED RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The Sentinel wrote:I'm not keen on sealed records. I try to avoid them. 50% of sealed records are warped due to longtime storage. I've also encountered sealed records where "dirt" is pressed on the vinyl, resulting in very loud background noise, that occurs mainly on the first tracks. Really don't know how that can happen. For instance I bought the Cleveland Metal LP sealed and both tracks of Black Death are unplayable; too much cracks and pops :evil:

In Conclusion: SCREW SEALED RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!
Never encountered that.
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Get ultra-rare sealed records for a price, sell them twice this price to collectors, and buy good records -be they rare or not- that you will actually listen with the money ! Or go to concerts, buy an instrument ! Or go travel with your girlfriend/boyfriend, etc ! That's my advice !

EDIT: I wouldn't imagine taking lots of time to hunt a record, and waiting sometimes years, to even not hear it when I have it in hands. That would be the supreme punishment to me as a Metal listener.
Gott ist tot.
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

i sought out and bought sealed copies of the 2 Sniper LPs. but that was just so i could open them and record them on their first play so i could make the cleanest sounding CDs/mp3 tracks.
The jackets were really high japanese quality, so there was no warping or problems with the vinyl from being sealed too long.