Cyperus demo

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
BlackStele

Cyperus demo

Post by BlackStele »

I have one question for anyone who could enlighten me: there are 2 different numbers as far the year of the first demo of Cyperus---on the innersleeve it writes 1986, but on the tape 1988, so what's the right one?? It is also known as the 1986 demo, but why this confusion exists?? :shock: :? :?: Anyone can help??

Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

The songs where recorded and copyrighted in 11/10/1986
BUT the tape was not made public until 1988
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

thanx for the info! :D
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

I lately listened to it!!!
It is a great demo!!!!!!!!!!!
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

Awesome demo,I didn't know it was recorded in Triad Studios...that explains a lot,hehe... ;)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The demo and the unreleased album from 1988 are godly! They are in a process of being remastered. Keep an eye for a CYPERUS 2CD Set sometime in the fall coming out on a small, but highly ambitious label :wink:
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

stormspell wrote:The demo and the unreleased album from 1988 are godly! They are in a process of being remastered. Keep an eye for a CYPERUS 2CD Set sometime in the fall coming out on a small, but highly ambitious label :wink:
wowww...awesome news!! :D I have their 3 demos, and their promo that contains "Local 517" and "No Mercy"(and I can say that they are better than those in "Blow It Out Your Ass"), I adore this band, and I'd like to see their material remastered, thanx for making my day!! :wink:
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Anther great Stormspell to look forward to along with Fatal Violence.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Fatal Violence and Vampyr are coming in August. They have the top-most proirity and will be the first to be manufactured after I return from Europe. Hopefully Cyperus will follow shirtly, given Randy can organize and provide me with all materials in time.

According to Randy "Blow It Out Your Ass" was never really the name for the 1988 album. It was suposed to be called "World in Decay"
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Stormspell is full of pleasant suprises, I can't wait for all this cool stuff!! :D

P.S:
According to Randy "Blow It Out Your Ass" was never really the name for the 1988 album. It was suposed to be called "World in Decay"
:shock: Eh??

EDIT: If I understood well, Randy was talking bout a HYPOTHETICAL name , right?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

BlackStele wrote:EDIT: If I understood well, Randy was talking bout a HYPOTHETICAL name , right?
Probably. They either had a brainfart moment when naming it, or must have changed their mind after the name worn out and wasnt novelty anymore :lol:
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

2cd Cyperus package? If you don't intend their shitty full-length to be one of the CDs then that's great news!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

ChildOfTheDamned wrote:2cd Cyperus package? If you don't intend their shitty full-length to be one of the CDs then that's great news!
As far as I'm concerned it will be material with Bruce only: Demo 1986 + Blow it out your ass 1988 + Vanderhoof demo 1990 (5-song demo produced by Kurt Vanderhoof in 1990 that was never released)
splat66

Post by splat66 »

I'm totally all over that Cyperus 2-CD set. I only remember the name a little bit from way back when, but after hearing their MySpace tracks I really want it! I recorded a few tunes at Triad as well so I know it's quality sounding, didn't some band that started with the letter 'Q' record there years ago? ;)-

Knowing it's on Stormspell assures an awesome package too!