How Much Would You Pay?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I try not to pay outrageous sums for records I already have in digital format. Mostly because my hard earned cash goes into some record dealers pocket, and not to the band. That being said, I still prefer (very much) to own the music I download, but still, at a reasonable cost.

I guess I just haven't reached that level of record collecting nerdiness yet. :roll:
humus

Post by humus »

I will never pay more than the market value of a record, but am willing to pay the market value for releases I really want. Searching (and especially finding) bargains is ofcourse very rewarding, and to be prefered over paying the market value, but you can't find every record from your wantlist in a bargain.
Personally my most expensive second hand purchase was something around €130 for Sabbat's Bloody countess. Around that time the market value, but at the most recent KIT for example one sold for €200, so eventhough it was expensive it was still a good buy. And I am prepared to pay considerably more for the first Sabbat 7" too. But in general I hardly ever buy records over €50.

A question, if someone offered you Militia 12", Paradoxx LP,...for €500, would you buy it? I would, and resell it or trade it for something very rare.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

humus wrote: A question, if someone offered you Militia 12", Paradoxx LP,...for €500, would you buy it? I would, and resell it or trade it for something very rare.
I'd buy them to trade/re-sell. I've never heard the Paradoxx, and I'm not too crazy about the Militia. I'd have to be absolutely nuts over an album to keep that much money tied up in it for my collection. I've never spent $300+ on a record and I've only gone over $200 3-4 times. There are 1-2 items I might sink around $400-500 into to keep but not many, and of course most of the time I don't have that kind of money to spare for buying records.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Helm

Post by Helm »

I pay for up to 20-30 euros for an LP's worth of music.
MexicanMetaler666

Post by MexicanMetaler666 »

For me it all depends in how much money I have to spend. Sometimes I pay more of what the record really is worth, and sometimes I pay less. Im always looking for bargains, but ebay makes it hard. (Everything is over priced) The most I have spend on a single record is $380 us dollars. Im always looking to buy Record lots, there is where I can find some real deals. Usually you pay 1 dollar to 2 dollars a piece. I really dont care how much I do spend on records, because records giveme a good time, its just money, money is everywhere, rare records are just in very few collections. (but I pay my bills, and all my needs first, before buying any record) :twisted:
Heavy Metal is the LAW!!!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I usually try to get with a price that is below the usual market price, however in some cases, if the album isn't that pricey ($30-$40) and I really really want it, I get it for that amount anyhow. The most important part is how much do I want a certain CD (original pressing), but the general availability has to do a lot too. For example I would've paid $100 for Silence - Vision CD, but never $100 for 1st pressing of Exodus' Bonded by Blood (Combat Japan), although I like that one more and that's about the usual price: It is still available on ebay basically once a month and I'm just not paying that much for it or any other "common"-yet-expensive CD (would have paid more for MS probably ..). I think that I was outbidded on the last 3 BBB auctions I bid on in the last few seconds, always at ~$50 price, and the winning bidder was always thallos / randomcoils, who's now selling it on his auctions for $99.99 :)
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:and the winning bidder was always thallos / randomcoils, who's now selling it on his auctions for $99.99 :)
That is why I never will bid on his auctions, coz more than often what he's selling is the CD he outbid me on!

Why would you buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=020
When you can buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Antidote-The-Truth- ... dZViewItem

????
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:
sovdat wrote:and the winning bidder was always thallos / randomcoils, who's now selling it on his auctions for $99.99 :)
That is why I never will bid on his auctions, coz more than often what he's selling is the CD he outbid me on!

Why would you buy this:
When you can buy this:

????
Hahahaha...

Don’t people check for alternate means of purchasing the item that they are deciding to watch on an eBay auction, just to ensure that they aren't getting royally fucked?

Idiots...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Avenger wrote:
Korgüll wrote:

Why would you buy this:
When you can buy this:

????
Hahahaha...

Don’t people check for alternate means of purchasing the item that they are deciding to watch on an eBay auction, just to ensure that they aren't getting royally fucked?

Idiots...
And I know 'momusic' has a stack of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Korgüll wrote:

Why would you buy this:
When you can buy this:

????
Hahahaha...

Idiots...
And I know 'momusic' has a stack of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just like the ADX - Weird Vision CD's...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

I've never purchased on e-bay but I buy from a guy in Germany who has fair prices. I don't think there is any record I would spend more than 80euro on. With change to euro from Irish pound + inflation, 80 euro turns out to be about 35-40 Irish pounds and when I started buying records they were between 10 and 20 pounds here in Ireland so 80 euro for a rare record is not that much. On the other hand if I found *Gardens of Grief* I might shell out more than 80 euro...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:On the other hand if I found *Gardens of Grief* I might shell out more than 80 euro...
The original vinyl or some odd CD edition? I should be able to hook you up with the vinyl. Trade is preferred though.
Piotr Sargnagel

Oh original vinyl! And I must say I disagree with you about the sound on *The red in the sky...* - I always thought it was great! The other albums are a bit hit and miss to me... Hmm. about trading I must admit that I probably don't have anything of equal value but I can send you a list if you like (you'll probably laugh :) )
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:Oh original vinyl! And I must say I disagree with you about the sound on *The red in the sky...* - I always thought it was great! The other albums are a bit hit and miss to me... Hmm. about trading I must admit that I probably don't have anything of equal value but I can send you a list if you like (you'll probably laugh :) )
I could use a good laugh. Hit me!
Piotr Sargnagel

I shall pm you presently!