eBay Bans Sellers from Leaving Negative Feedback for Buyers!

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:
Avenger wrote:Personally, I think that the feedback change that sellers are no longer able to leave negative feedback to buyers is a good one.
I totally disagree with you, have you ever sold on ebay before?
Avenger wrote:Several times I have left sellers nasty feedback based on shitty service on multiple different circumstances and I was left in return with negative feedback when I, as a buyer, did nothing wrong.
Did you try to resolve the situation with the seller first? Or did you just go ahead & leave neg feedback for the seller b'cos you weren't happy??!? This is where this system won't work, it's a joke!
This is of coarse after contacting the seller and trying to resolve things first…

If I get no reply after a significant amount of time or get an email back stating that they will not try and come to an agreement then they deserve the feedback that they get.

I sell from time to time on eBay, but do a lot more buying then selling.

Revenge feedback is for cowards.

An example of this is as was previously stated a seller over grading items that are in complete shit condition and then having them attempt to deny it or claim that they graded it according to XXX random grading standards.

It's bullshit.

As long as you as a buyer send payment within 5 business days (I consider this a reasonable amount of time) and give up to 4 weeks delivery time (customs can delay parcels from time to time) then you as the buyer have done your job in my opinion and should receive nothing but the utmost prise when left feedback regardless what you left the seller.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Avenger wrote:As long as you as a buyer send payment within 5 business days (I consider this a reasonable amount of time) and give up to 4 weeks delivery time (customs can delay parcels from time to time) then you as the buyer have done your job in my opinion and should receive nothing but the utmost prise when left feedback regardless what you left the seller.
I couldn't agree more...! :)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:As long as you as a buyer send payment within 5 business days (I consider this a reasonable amount of time) and give up to 4 weeks delivery time (customs can delay parcels from time to time) then you as the buyer have done your job in my opinion and should receive nothing but the utmost prise when left feedback regardless what you left the seller.
What about the situation when you opt to save cash and dont pay for registered/insured parcel, and then after 4 weeks it is apparent some greedy postman stole the parcel... Will you still expect the seller to give you a praise, if you blaim him for your own decision and give him a negative for the postal loss, even after it is clearly written in the description "unregistered items ship at your own risk" ?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

stormspell wrote:even after it is clearly written in the description "unregistered items ship at your own risk" ?
Yeah, it's a nasty little loophole the buyer can always get around.

I was in a situation where I sold a LP to some ass in the US, who wanted it sent the slowest, cheapest way. He paid me for it without asking me, which pissed me off for starters (& regardless of my charges for airmail) so I sent it via boat. And then 4 weeks later, he complains that he hadn't received it yet!!! I explained to him that as he wanted it sent the slowest cheapest way, via boat (he was not in a hurry he originally told me!) that it was going to take at least 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!! Well this prick filed a claim with Paypal against me after 2 months I think. I had to send Paypal reams of faxes & tons of emails proving that this guy wanted it sent via boat & that he specifically asked me to do that, and proof of postage receipts etc... but I still lost the case, he got his money... & two days later the LP turned up at his address!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sent it back to me, but it was a complete waste of time from an incompetent scumbag buyer.
The seller never wins...
Check this once again too: www.paypalsucks.com
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

well there are certainly stupid pricks all over the world that's a fact. you won't stop those from behaving like assholes if you reserve yourself a negative feedback though.. I for myself do a bit of selling from time to time (about 75% buying) but never had such troubles with buyers than with retarded sellers that don't know shit or care about anything (the problem for sure are not professional or at least semi-professional sellers as all of you guys here 8) but the lots of private sellers who have no idea about anything). among my favorites were: the guy who wrapped a record in a newspaper and put adress label and stamp on front of that (image how the lp arrived :evil: ) and the one who graded Running Wild - Port Royal M- (guess he just copy+pasted the description somewhere else) and it came fucked as hell, including a crack! (which means a broken out piece!!) in the first groove (only before the first song so it WAS playable but... !). all those i rated POSITIVE (with just a description of the incident in the comment) cause sure as hell those jerks would have responded with revenge feedback. (the very few occasions i rated neutral i certainly received a neutral back with comments like "no problem solving strategy") so - imo the new rules (reg. feedback, that paypal thing is something else..) are good ones.
for me as a seller i hope most people are reasonable as before.. if the buyer pays, fine for me and positive feedback given. had nearly no trouble afterwards so far, and about 2000 transactions made.
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

There are lots of grey spots where sucky things can go wrong as both a seller and buyer. In an idea eBay world people would never lie, never cheat, and leave feedback in an honest way based on their experience with the seller/buyer. This is not how it is the change doesn't bother me that much but I can see how being a seller it would you. But guys I've tried to claim on sketchy sellers at least three times unsuccessfully, Buyers don't always win those disputes with Paypal. I've often felt all my trust is in the selling paying for items that may never turn up and there's no guarantee I'd get my money back. I always then try and get in contact with the seller before claiming and have even (to my loss) waiting after the period of claiming based on replies/excuses why it's not there yet.

Cut a long story short I have at least three bad experiences a year where I lose money/product but in the scheme of things and all the great stuff I've been able to get over the years via eBay it's not a big deal.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Keir

Post by Keir »

It doesn't bother me. 90% of the time I forget to leave feedback anyway.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Anyone noticed on Ebay now you can't see the other bidders user name!!!!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Yeah, i've noticed that. Didn't they use the same policy for the big prices before?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Korgüll wrote:Anyone noticed on Ebay now you can't see the other bidders user name!!!!!
That sucks in regards to contacting other members.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Have sellers completely stopped giving positive feedback? I haven't received any feedback at all for my last 5 auctions, even though I left positive feedback myself.