(Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1378

Post#46 » Sat May 18, 2013 9:57 am

I know some of the old stores in Stockholm are closed now. Which are still there, and are there any new ones? I'm going to be there in early June
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

User avatar
Warepire
Posts: 1338
Contact:

Post#47 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:24 am

great_knuthulhu wrote:I know some of the old stores in Stockholm are closed now. Which are still there, and are there any new ones? I'm going to be there in early June
What route did you consider to take to Stockholm? If I am a stop along the way I believe I still owe you a drink or something.
What good is a life that leaves nothing behind, not a thought nor a dream to echo in time...
So what have I done in the eyes of the world, what have I done that will remain?

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1694

Post#48 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:19 am

great_knuthulhu wrote:I know some of the old stores in Stockholm are closed now. Which are still there, and are there any new ones? I'm going to be there in early June
Check out Trash Palace and Ideal for a Living. They are within walking distances of each other (St. Eriksplan). You can find addresses and directions on Google I guess. :)
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1378

Post#49 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Warepire wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:I know some of the old stores in Stockholm are closed now. Which are still there, and are there any new ones? I'm going to be there in early June
What route did you consider to take to Stockholm? If I am a stop along the way I believe I still owe you a drink or something.
I'm going by train from Kiruna with 26 tenth grade pupils, I probably shouldn't drink :lol:
Mordred wrote:Trash Palace and Ideal for a Living (St. Eriksplan)
Is one of those the same as "Nostalgipalatset" then? That used to be at St. Eriksplan. Thanks
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1694

Post#50 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:58 pm

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Mordred wrote:Trash Palace and Ideal for a Living (St. Eriksplan)
Is one of those the same as "Nostalgipalatset" then? That used to be at St. Eriksplan. Thanks
Trash Palace is right next door to Nostalgipalatset. They're affiliated. Nostalgipalatset is still in action but I think they quit stocking metal since Trash Palace is fully dedicated to metal and hard rock. They have easily the best selection of metal vinyl in Stockholm but don't expect bargain prices.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#51 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:03 pm

@ Knuthulhu:

If you go to Solna (very short trip by train or the blue metro line) you could visit these two stores who resides next to each other on Råsundavägen 110. They may not have a lot of rarities but the do have good prices and seem to stock mostly good conditioned stuff. Great places for completing the missing gaps of regular stuff in your collection and, if lucky, even make some finds...

I was there last weekend and came home with some neat non-metal vinyls by Roadmaster, Charlie, Good Rats, Peps Blodsband, The Angels, 38 Special, Wasa Express... most of it near mint to mint and priced between 20-50 skr.

http://hotrecords1.wordpress.com/

http://solnaskivbors.se/

User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1378

Post#52 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:30 pm

GJ wrote:@ Knuthulhu:

If you go to Solna (very short trip by train or the blue metro line) you could visit these two stores who resides next to each other on Råsundavägen 110. They may not have a lot of rarities but the do have good prices and seem to stock mostly good conditioned stuff. Great places for completing the missing gaps of regular stuff in your collection and, if lucky, even make some finds...

I was there last weekend and came home with some neat non-metal vinyls by Roadmaster, Charlie, Good Rats, Peps Blodsband, The Angels, 38 Special, Wasa Express... most of it near mint to mint and priced between 20-50 skr.

http://hotrecords1.wordpress.com/

http://solnaskivbors.se/
That's good stuff there. I think I've got all the Roadmaster, Charlie and Good Rats albums already actually :P
I've lived in Solna when I've visited the great record fair in Stockholm, so finding these should be fairly easy.

Thanks for the tips Mordred. My memory is starting to work properly now, so I remember having visited Trash Palace a couple of years back. Picked up some stuff there and ended up having it stolen from me at T-centralen :evil:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

User avatar
Warepire
Posts: 1338
Contact:

Post#53 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:59 pm

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Warepire wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:I know some of the old stores in Stockholm are closed now. Which are still there, and are there any new ones? I'm going to be there in early June
What route did you consider to take to Stockholm? If I am a stop along the way I believe I still owe you a drink or something.
I'm going by train from Kiruna with 26 tenth grade pupils, I probably shouldn't drink :lol:
That might pose a problem, but not as big of a problem that it's completely opposite of the route you'd need to take to pass through my regions. :P
What good is a life that leaves nothing behind, not a thought nor a dream to echo in time...
So what have I done in the eyes of the world, what have I done that will remain?

User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1378

Post#54 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Warepire wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
Warepire wrote: What route did you consider to take to Stockholm? If I am a stop along the way I believe I still owe you a drink or something.
I'm going by train from Kiruna with 26 tenth grade pupils, I probably shouldn't drink :lol:
That might pose a problem, but not as big of a problem that it's completely opposite of the route you'd need to take to pass through my regions. :P
Hm, that may well be a good point too. I live up north, so it's a fair bit of travel to get to Kiruna too
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#55 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:43 am

Keep the talk about "passing through your regions" to PM :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1378

Post#56 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Avenger wrote:Keep the talk about "passing through your regions" to PM :lol:
Oh no, it's the "common decency" police :lol:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 8188

Post#57 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:14 am

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Avenger wrote:Keep the talk about "passing through your regions" to PM :lol:
Oh no, it's the "common decency" police :lol:
Sorry, I couldn't help myself :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
great_knuthulhu
Posts: 1378

Post#58 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Hot records was pretty good. The prices were low and I found some records there (pretty common ones, mostly borderline metal).

Found some stuff at Trash Palace too. As usually, the prices were high, but I managed to get the ones I wanted a little lower.

Thanks for the tips Mordred and GJ
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.

User avatar
anthares
Posts: 848
Contact:

Post#59 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:34 am

Anyone going to Solnas record fair this weekend?
Is it any good? Any tips? How much is the beer there? :P

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1694

Post#60 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:29 am

It's the biggest and best record fair in Sweden for sure.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron