(Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

You can also use it as an opportunity to torment Dan, as he usually sells there.

Right?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
anthares

Post by anthares »

Khnud wrote:You can also use it as an opportunity to torment Dan, as he usually sells there.

Right?
That goes without saying! He shall feel my drunken wrath! :wink:
great_knuthulhu

Re: (Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'm going to the Solna record fair in two weeks time and will of course visit all the stores I know of. Are there any new ones which deserve a visit? Any of the old ones bite the dust?

I'll be in town for a few days prior to the fair as well. Any metal gigs or events that weekend? Anyone from here who's going to be in town at the same time?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I'll be Selling at the fair as usual. Which day are you coming? I'm working evenings the Days both Before and after the 26th :/
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

After you've visited Trash Palace, Mickes and Stockholms Serie & Skivhandel, these 2 newish shops also deserves a visit:

MJ Retro at Hornsgatan 153 (T Hornstull) map
Combined retro/trinkets- and vinyl shop with a good Metal selection.

An Ideal For Living at Södermannagatan 19 (T Skanstull) map
Another retro/trinkets/records combo. The basement is where you'll find one of Stockholm's best selection of Metal vinyl. I usually find some cool stuff here every visit.

---and an old store that has gotten a lot better on the Metal vinyl front in recent years:

Record Hunter at St Eriksgatan 70 (T St Eriksplan) map
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

A pity you're working, we could have grabbed a few beers otherwise. Thanks for the tips for new recordstores. Didn't know about MJ Retro or An Ideal for Living. I've been to Record Hunter before, but they were very disappointing at the time (2009, perhaps?).

Three years ago, I found some stuff in Solna at Hot Records/Solna Skivbörs as well. Hope those shops are still there.

I'm arriving on Tuesday night, but I will be busy with my young students until Friday, when they leave.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
humus

Post by humus »

Are all these recommendations still valid? Will be in Stockholm for the Close-up batan & Black harvest festival end of october.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

humus wrote:Are all these recommendations still valid? Will be in Stockholm for the Close-up batan & Black harvest festival end of october.
Yep, all those stores should still be recommended visits.

Hm, I might check out that Black Harvest thing as well... Haven't seen ROOT in ages and NIFELHEIM is always great. Which day are you coming to Sthlm btw?
humus

Post by humus »

I saw Nifelheim last week and it was their best performance to date. And I've seen them half a dozen times since 2008. Never saw Root but when they opened up for a big band during a European tour some years ago (can't remember who) reactions weren't overly positive. Hope they'll do better now.

We will be arriving on wednesday and heading back on sunday. First time Stockholm for me, we'll also schedule in the Vasa museum and some other non-metal-related shizzle.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Might as well mention this here...
Scandinavia's largest record fair is this Saturday the 24th in Solna, Stockholm. Usually great for HM Hunting + me & Stefan will be there selling..
http://www.sunjay.se/newsdet65.htm
humus

Post by humus »

5,5 years later and heading back to Sthlm. Guess not a lot has changed regarding record stores? And not that it’s the aim of the trip, but anything good playing on saturday evening in centre Sthlm by any chance?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

humus wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:09 pm 5,5 years later and heading back to Sthlm. Guess not a lot has changed regarding record stores? And not that it’s the aim of the trip, but anything good playing on saturday evening in centre Sthlm by any chance?
You're in town friday? I'm probably free from fri 13.00 to saturday afternoon if you need a Metal guide 8)

Will check for gigs/stuff..
humus

Post by humus »

DaN wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:07 pmYou're in town friday? I'm probably free from fri 13.00 to saturday afternoon if you need a Metal guide 8)

Will check for gigs/stuff..
Flying in tonight actually. But it's more of a social/non-metal visit, some friends of my wife who moved to Stockholm. So I can squeeze in some metal but for friday night for example they booked a (quite fancy they told me - so I also packed one non metal shirt) restaurant.
Would love to meet up though if somehow possible. It's been what, 10 years at least? A drunken version of myself at Keep it true no doubt...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

humus wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:52 pmIt's been what, 10 years at least? A drunken version of myself at Keep it true no doubt...
Sounds about right :lol:
Will pm you my phone#
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:00 pm
humus wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:52 pmIt's been what, 10 years at least? A drunken version of myself at Keep it true no doubt...
Sounds about right :lol:
There's a photo from KIT 2019 which I'm pretty sure contains the both of you. Courtesy of msp.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight