Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
User avatar
chatzial
Posts: 1154

Post#211 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:20 pm

Next time, i will pick you up from the airport :wink:

User avatar
Herkus Monte
Posts: 482

Post#212 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:25 pm

That`s unbelievable you can put it all in one sentence.

User avatar
apollo.ra
Posts: 374

Post#213 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Herkus Monte wrote:That`s unbelievable you can put it all in one sentence.
Image

User avatar
Trigger
Posts: 855

Post#214 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:34 pm

He has the writing style of Jose Saramangu :lol: :lol:
Never trust the Goblin King....

User avatar
MassOfKthulu
Posts: 757

Post#215 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:16 pm

wow big story on that villain Rob!
got me a semi -sealed copy 2 years back in trade for a US metal single that i got for free.Villain was always a big deal back in the 90s,legends about how all the copies got burned at C.A.'s funeral etc.I suppose it;s not that much of a big deal anymore.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear

User avatar
XCEL
Posts: 98

Post#216 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:07 pm

chatzial wrote:Next time, i will pick you up from the airport :wink:
You have my friend, you forgot?

User avatar
chatzial
Posts: 1154

Post#217 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Ages ago at Utrecht Record Fair.
There is a stall of a French seller with pop music. Because sometimes metal records can be found in cheap prices, i search all his records.

At the end, after nothing found, i leave but i hit with my foot something.
I look and under his stall there is a box of records that could not be seen if someone did not stumble on it.

I ask the seller, what is this and he replies "it's just records that don't worth shit, if you see anything you want it's 3 DM each". I check and find a few metal records and among them the "Ride the Lightning" original green cover!!!!

User avatar
Astaroth
Posts: 327
Contact:

Post#218 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 am

Bump for more brilliant stories!

User avatar
Dark Stranger
Posts: 363

Post#219 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:47 am

Further bump!

User avatar
Hans
Posts: 134

Post#220 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Please share more stories guys :) this is great history ;)
Mine is on 5.

User avatar
bigfootkit
Posts: 2245
Contact:

Re: Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Post#221 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:06 am

Bumping this epic thread in the hope that there have been some new adventures in this field in the last couple of years.
If you've never read this thread before i urge you to do so, there are some amazingly entertaining tales to be found.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

humus
Posts: 1418
Contact:

Re: Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Post#222 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:30 am

Not the best story but what the hell.
About 3/4 years ago I was browsing craigslist pages (the European counterpart anyway) and saw someone advertise '1000 hard rock tapes'. No pictures, no bands, no mention of home-dubbed or original. Sometimes you need to take a gamble so the next morning I woke up at 4 AM and drove 200 kilometres to Holland in order to catch the guy before he went off to work. He had 5 crates filled with tapes in his hall, and when I had a look at the first row of the first crate I could spot names likes Swazafix, Old funeral and Acrostichon. Turns out he used to run his own quite wellknown zine/label. I bought the whole lot for a ridiculous price and ended up with over 1500 demotapes. Half shit, one quarter decent, and one quarter gold. Later I went back and bought all the old zines he still had left.

Lama
Posts: 787

Re: Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Post#223 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 pm

humus wrote:Not the best story but what the hell.
About 3/4 years ago I was browsing craigslist pages (the European counterpart anyway) and saw someone advertise '1000 hard rock tapes'. No pictures, no bands, no mention of home-dubbed or original. Sometimes you need to take a gamble so the next morning I woke up at 4 AM and drove 200 kilometres to Holland in order to catch the guy before he went off to work. He had 5 crates filled with tapes in his hall, and when I had a look at the first row of the first crate I could spot names likes Swazafix, Old funeral and Acrostichon. Turns out he used to run his own quite wellknown zine/label. I bought the whole lot for a ridiculous price and ended up with over 1500 demotapes. Half shit, one quarter decent, and one quarter gold. Later I went back and bought all the old zines he still had left.
Anthony Van Den Berg?
Kampel Destruction

humus
Posts: 1418
Contact:

Re: Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Post#224 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Yup. He's out of music and got into long distance running. I got into long distance running but never got rid of the music :)

User avatar
bigfootkit
Posts: 2245
Contact:

Re: Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Post#225 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Just been re-reading some of the tremendous tales in this thread & thought i'd give it a bump in the hope that members might be inspired to share some more yarns in the same vein.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests