Tracking & Hunting Stories by request (Dan)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Timewind

Post by Timewind »

XCEL wrote:Now the chicagoland fair story which i wrongfully said was from 2006,it is from november 2005,me and my companion in touring the u.s arrive as always early birds in the fair venue,and start digging at once,dont forget that in places like these time is money and by not rushing or by not acting fast you might lose very rare lps-it has happened to me with lps i havent got yet since the day i lost them to someone quicker or luckier-so i tried to spot the most interesting looking stalls,after about 30 minutes had found but a couple of psych lps and some average soul lps on rarity,until i got in front of a stall with a metal section of about 200 lps,there was this guy in front of me digging and i tried to check the lps he was passing by-anthrax,ozzy,def leppard-when to my surprise i saw him pick up the tyrants reign lp,and held it in his arms,i instantly realised bad luck had struck me and waited for him to finish searching,nothing special in the rest of the crate,so i saw him hold a stash of lps the tyrants reign among them and starting checking them-conditions etc-i was pissed and left because there was a risk of losing other records waiting for him,i continued my search,found some great stuff,about 40 lps and on leaving the fair i happened to pass from the tyrants reign stall and said what the hell,i myself didnt look those lps,and started looking,it turned out the guy hadnt finally got the tyrants reign due to bad condition as the seller later told me-something that made him lower the price to $4!!!!!!!!!!!Lucky strike i guess,cheers.There are a lot of stories of how i got rare lps for peanuts but i dont think anyone cares,next i will relate a story about an armed robbery.
bloody hell... have you ever heard of a freakin space bar?!
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

Meaning what
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I've got no issue with the space bar, but please try to use dots every once in a while. That last message was all one big sentence, and a pain to read.

Other than that - great score on the Tyrant's Reign!
Keir

Post by Keir »

roihlem wrote:
stormspell wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:Cool to hear about your old trade with Paul back in the early 90's(I'm sure this was who you made the trade with). My memory that the reason Paul was looking for Sacrafice 12" was he was a picture in it from a B-horror film from the 80's, I guess in this movie they are in a room and you can see the cover of the Sacrafice record, he had never heard of it and put it on his wantslist. I might have the story slightly wrong but I think that is the basic idea.
This horror movie was actually quite funny. It was about two teenage kids which played the Sacrafice vinyl backwards (DJ scratch style rotating the turntable plate backwards by hand) and thus discovered a hidden incantation which brought hell on earth...

Otherwise, the EP is quite mediocre, I concur with previous opinions.
:lol:
sound interesting... what movie is it?
Yes, I'm very curious to know what movie this is. I've seen very similar scenes in a couple movies, but I don't remember any of them using a Sacrafice LP!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Was it the movie where Ozzy played a character who preached about the evilness in metal music, and got killed by the demon through a TV set?

Edit: That movie was called "Trick or Treat", I think.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Yes that's 'Trick Or Treat' and Gene Simmons is in it too :)

This Sacrafice-related film, no idea what it could be, would be nice to know the year, story-wise it's very close to 'The Gate', which was from 1987.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

No, if my memories are good "Trick or Treat" was with Gene Simmons.
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

Ok,now i got it ,at first i thought he was talking about some bar in space!!!!!!If its so important to you so as to prefer to comment on this rather than the stories themselves,ok.But have in mind there is such thing as personal style in writing and that everyone reserves the right to write the way he likes,fullstops arent that necessary all the time,a little "poetry" wont harm anyone,as for the post,the story wasnt exactly the tyrants reign itself but how it actually ended in my hands,i told you before the point is not about finding rare records-that would be too easy-its how you got to get them.Cheers and sorry if i pissed some of you off.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

stormspell wrote:Yeah, I was thinking of The Gate in my previous post. I thought the LP was Sacrafice, but now I see it is Sacrafyx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl4h3suwonk
Uh, is this a real record???
Or is this one shown in the video the only copy to exist?
If it exists, then Andi may have it. :lol: :wink:

EDIT:

Why is my comment being shown above the one I quoted??? :shock:
Keir

Post by Keir »

Nasty Uwe wrote:
stormspell wrote:Yeah, I was thinking of The Gate in my previous post. I thought the LP was Sacrafice, but now I see it is Sacrafyx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl4h3suwonk
Uh, is this a real record???
Or is this one shown in the video the only copy to exist?
If it exists, then Andi may have it. :lol: :wink:

EDIT:

Why is my comment being shown above the one I quoted??? :shock:
Stormspell, being a timetravelling wizard, actually posted that 2 months in the future.

And yes, I believe that record is merely a prop for the movie.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I have that LP....
Just kidding :oops:
Never trust the Goblin King....
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

Good the site is alive and kickin again,rest assured the explosive stuff will continue,take care
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

Sssssssso, there's this thing that has been bugging me lately and would like to share some opinions here, it was the other day i was at a record fair and at some point i had this conversation with a guy i never had seen before and as usual we were exchanging views on lps and bands, i soon started saying things about lps that he didnt own or he had on cdr or mp3 and he kept going "ah this is crap" or "i can buy this for $9.99 on ebay,or i saw this for 20 euro in this record store down the street,blah,blah...". I mean that i must have mentioned some 100 lps that he said something like that, then at some point i said he cannot be considered a metal collector or vinyl enthusiast unless he ACTUALLY has those lps and that even if he can find an lp for $9.99 on ebay he actually has to spend about 20 euro for it including shipping if its from an overseas seller, he then got this usual "cow look"in his face and said he didnt care to have those lps but only some of the expensive ones, it turned out this guy had vixen and villain in his "collection" but didnt have lethal,tyrant,virgin steele,fist,cloven hoof etc.Is this a usual attitude in our days? Not entirely in the thread territory but relevant to collecting i think.
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

XCEL wrote:Sssssssso, there's this thing that has been bugging me lately and would like to share some opinions here, it was the other day i was at a record fair and at some point i had this conversation with a guy i never had seen before and as usual we were exchanging views on lps and bands, i soon started saying things about lps that he didnt own or he had on cdr or mp3 and he kept going "ah this is crap" or "i can buy this for $9.99 on ebay,or i saw this for 20 euro in this record store down the street,blah,blah...". I mean that i must have mentioned some 100 lps that he said something like that, then at some point i said he cannot be considered a metal collector or vinyl enthusiast unless he ACTUALLY has those lps and that even if he can find an lp for $9.99 on ebay he actually has to spend about 20 euro for it including shipping if its from an overseas seller, he then got this usual "cow look"in his face and said he didnt care to have those lps but only some of the expensive ones, it turned out this guy had vixen and villain in his "collection" but didnt have lethal,tyrant,virgin steele,fist,cloven hoof etc.Is this a usual attitude in our days? Not entirely in the thread territory but relevant to collecting i think.
I doubt the guy you mentioned is buying those records for the tunes of their grooves. Guess I'm the opposite, well I'm a starting collector (don't kill me please :( ) and I'm glad if I manage to find decent music without having to use online stores. Some time ago I found some Armored Saint Lps from a local record store and I was literally celebrating it. Sadly I've never been in any record fair yet, but planning to visit Utrecht record fair. And when I'm there I'm gonna buy all the nwobhm and US power essentials and favorites I've been missing out for being born too late.

In my opinion it's not wise to start with rarest rarities, especially if they're being sold for their actual high price (But I'm still on the look for them of course :D). Though I'm always willing to pay more than usually for something I love, fine example is that when I bought Heavy Load's Death Or Glory Lp for 50 euros which is a lot more than I often can fork out, but it was totally worth every cent. Many of my favorite, timeless classics are still missing, but I've got plenty of time to get them I hope.

Oh, and it has been fun to read about your glorious triumphs and hilarious mishaps associated with record hunting. Some day I might have my own stories to share too. :D
only the heaviest weather available
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

I am fairly sure you will,if you keep that way.Thanx for sharing your views,cheers