Does Condition Effect Price?????

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

1) Cover has seam split / Disc Mint?

Depends if it's one of those ones you can just glue back togather and the original glue has come undone (simple problem to fix) or where there's an actual hole...

$48 if it just requires re-gluing $40 for holes.

2) Cover has sticker tear / Disc Mint?

$40 for small, much smaller for huge rips - $15

3) Cover has cutout hole/saw mark/cut corner / Disk Mint? Sealed

$8 - $15 corner cut, $25 for hole punch, $30 for saw mark

4) Cover have ring ware / Disc mint?

$45 for subtle, $30 - $35 for big

5) Cover Mint / Disc has paper marks not effecting play but look bad?

$38- $45 less for picture/colored vinyls

6) Cover Mint / Disc has scratches, no skips but makes noise in quit parts?

$35 - $40
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Is some dealer or collector offering a lot of copies?
tbieri wrote: Anyone knows someting about the MESSIAH and the ION BRITTON copies that showed up lately ?????
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I heard that some copies of MESSIAH where found, heard also that several people buyed one last year (one on this forum) and there where at least 4 MESSIAH's on eBay last year !

Of ION BRITTON i saw 3 on eBay last year and the seller sayd he has a several copies !
I've buyed one but cannot compare because i never saw it before. The print of the front cover is very unsharp ! I think the original is too, but it's worse than the CD reissue ! Also the Shrinkwrap was nearly too perfect ! Usually old shrinks tend to shrink more and more with age but here this was absolutely not the case.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

do you mean the MESSIAH lp or the mini-lp? I had an email from someone where they could not believe I bought the mini-lp on ebay when they got one for $15 recently, which I did not really believe.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I was talking from the LP !
The EP sold for about $ 700.- approx. 1 year ago !

$ 15.- on eBay i don't believe eighter, but in a shop somewhere in the pampas of USA is possible. I heard of a recent buy in New York of KILLEN for $ 20.- !
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

MESSIAH - I have said for years this is not THAT Rare 5-10,000 copies made and you can still find the in MI and from Christian dealer. There is a Christian Psych dealer in FL who has Boxes. Popsike lists 14 copies on ebay in the past 3 years
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

ION BRITTON - 1000 copies when the band was found they had none. Most copies only sold in PA if you are in PA digging you can find this. I have had a few over the years Popsike shows 4 on ebay in the last 3 years but I think it is more like 10.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

The seller of ION BRITTON told he was the photographer of the cover (back?) and was payed with records !

How does the original look like ? Is the cover really so unsharp and less blue than the CD-cover ? Is the Cover thick ?
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

tbieri wrote:The seller of ION BRITTON told he was the photographer of the cover (back?) and was payed with records !

How does the original look like ? Is the cover really so unsharp and less blue than the CD-cover ? Is the Cover thick ?
YES
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

So everything seems Ok ! Thank you very much !
Your post are always very interresting !
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

I saw Ion Britton 4 times in the last 2 months! One time people outbid each other up to $204.50, and afterwards the guy listed 3 more with a $204.50 Buy-It-Now...they all got bought. For some reason the original auction and the first buy-it-now dont show up any more, but you can still see 2 of them if you do a search for completed items from "swrdftr".

Speaking of the $3000 shitty looking Militia LP, the seller still has zero feedback, even though the reserve was met. I wonder if someone ended up getting ripped off...
wom

Post by wom »

BloodOfChrist wrote:I saw Ion Britton 4 times in the last 2 months! One time people outbid each other up to $204.50, and afterwards the guy listed 3 more with a $204.50 Buy-It-Now...they all got bought.
Thats probably because the seller send a message to the other guys that placed a bid (but lost the auction) offering a 2nd change to buy another copy of the album. Ebay allows it and many sellers use it to sell their items if they get a good price. Or to get rid of their bootlegs.

On topic. I dont really care for minor/normal wear and i do not think that it affects the price too much, because most of the times it not possible to find mint copies at all. However, I have only one cd with a punch hole and i am going to buy it again.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I wouldn't be surprised if sellers get a friend/s to 'ghost bid' to increase the price & if it ends up going to one of their friends for a lower than expected price then the seller won't lose on the sale???
Perhaps the Militia will show up again & the seller will say something like "this item is being relisted because of previous dead-beat bidder"??
Happens all the time...
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

I'm not much of s stickler for condition, myself. I remember when I was working in a record shop in Cleveland in the early 90s, and I passed on so many great records because I was "holding out for a better copy"--and then it took years for me to see the records again. I kind of learned my lesson.

I've actually been known to troll for "less than perfect" copies of things in the interest of finding deals. It is amazing to me how many metal collectors seem to be mint freaks: God love you all for leaving cheap ones out there for me, but I've got enough records I'm hunting for without trying to replace, say, my Image record because it has a few scuffs that don't reduce my enjoyment of it anyway!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

'Mint freaks' have really messed up a few hobbies, at least in the US. Both comic books and baseball cards have gone to hell due to 'Miint Mania'. There are now companies that 'professionally grade' your items and then seal them in plastic holders. If the item gets a high enough grade, people will pay several times the Price Guide value for it; if it doesn't 'make the grade', people won't even pay the Fair/Poor condition value for it, even if it's still EX, VG++, etc. Really messed up.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky