Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

Man, I am to cheap with my Overdrive CD's :wink:

Both Vulture albums are really good in my opinion. The others are good, but not very special to be honestly.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

nightsblood wrote:I know those Overdrive cd releases are rare, but ar they any good musically? I've never heard any of them TMK
I enjoy them. The two Vulture albums are definitely the best of the lot. Hammerhawk is easily the "worst". It's a decent album, but doesn't stack up to the other 3 AT ALL and some of the lyrics are so fucking childish it's not funny.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well they are way better than Doppelgangers CD for sure :)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Hahaha...

That Ursurper price is just retarded and it's the same guy that won the Fatal Games CD as well...

What's the 5th Overdrive title?

My memory is not serving me well right now at 5:30 AM...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

SideShow wrote:Hammerhawk is easily the "worst". It's a decent album, but doesn't stack up to the other 3 AT ALL and some of the lyrics are so fucking childish it's not funny.
I also vouch this.

It's one of those albums that as long as you don't have your heart set on the most well thought, fantastic lyrics of all time, it's a decent album.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

5th: DOPPELGANGERS - LOCKED UP
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

thanks for the info on the overdrive discs.
Ben- the pkg arrived a few days ago but I've been out of town on business so I haven't opened it yet.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

nightsblood wrote:thanks for the info on the overdrive discs.
Ben- the pkg arrived a few days ago but I've been out of town on business so I haven't opened it yet.
Good deal Alan, glad it got there! Hope you enjoy!
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Avenger wrote:
Hahaha...

That Ursurper price is just retarded and it's the same guy that won the Fatal Games CD as well...

What's the 5th Overdrive title?

My memory is not serving me well right now at 5:30 AM...
Is that a bailout or what? :lol:

Of all the 4 Overdrive titles, I've only heard the Usurper (on vinyl). It sounds to me like Xentrix but lack the energy; some doomy parts in the songs somehow remind me of old Samael (nice)... All in all it's just a so-so thrash album. I guess if this CD was being offered for sale in 1990, I believe no one would pay more than $10 for it. Well sometimes there's a reason why certain bands become "obscure"...

By the way, for that amount of money, I think it's more rewarding to buy the entire discography of the Chicago-based Usurper.
humus

Post by humus »

I guess if this CD was being offered for sale in 1990, I believe no one would pay more than $10 for it
Which reminds me...the Vulture CD I found in a second hand store once still had the original pricestickers on it...from 650 BEF (€16) priced down to 300 (€7) priced down to 100 (€2,5) priced down to 50 (€1,25) :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:5th: DOPPELGANGERS - LOCKED UP
Hmm, I can't find any info on this..

What's it like?
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Avenger wrote:
sovdat wrote:5th: DOPPELGANGERS - LOCKED UP
Hmm, I can't find any info on this..

What's it like?
Hardcore band, I believe. Nothing to do with thrash, which is strange since the other 4 releases were thrash (though Hammerhawk mixed in a lot of classic metal). I think it's a live album, as well.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

sovdat wrote:wow wow WOW!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAZOR-SHOTGUN-JUSTI ... 240%3A1318

63 bids so far! :D
And when I put my copy on ebay it even won't reach the $10,-. Unpredictable crap.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Apparently there is a bootleg of this CD done by Hellion?? Does anyone know?
I have this CD with this matrix/cat no, but a few years ago I had 5 and sold them all on Ebay for $30US each.. this one looks the same, so imagine what the real one is worth :cry:
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?